What's new

26 Years After Rumours New Fleetwood Mac Due Spring 2003 (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Fleetwood Mac is set to release their first album from the Buckingham-Nicks version of the band in over 15 years Spring of 2003. I for one cannot wait. Everyone is on board except for Christine McVie, but as long as Lindsey Buckingham is a part of it should be quite an album. I picked up The Very Best Of Fleetwood Mac double CD last week at Best Buy for $16 (couldn't resist...nice to have 36 classic Mac songs together on two discs) and am hyped for the new album.

But I wonder if Buckingham still plans to release his solo album that has been rumored about for, oh, five years now? I hope he has only delayed working on his solo album to put all his efforts into the Mac album...which is probably the case.

Anyone else looking forward to the new Fleetwood Mac release...and the oft delayed solo album from Buckingham?

NP: Fleetwood Mac - Tusk (The Mac album that best stood the test of time)

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
I'd heard that Fleetwood were going to release a new album this spring as well, Brian. However I hadn't heard that Christine wouldn't be taking part....bummer! This is a huge dissapointment as Christine is my favorite singer (in this band) and while I'm still looking forward to this, it will never be able to equal the classic Mac of the past without Christine.

Wonder why she didn't participate? She seemed happy during The Dance concert.

Jon

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Excellent news!!! I highly await this release too. I just hope its a little better than Behind The Mask. I never cared for that disc at all, a big let down for the follow up to Tango In The Night.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Jon:

As I recall reading somewhere, Christine was never into rock n' roll life as much as the others. She wants to stay home in England rather than bounce from city to city performing on stage. She's put away enough dough away for more than a few rainy days. It is a shame she isn't participating anymore. The harmonies just won't sound the same.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
I've heard rumblings that the Buckingham solo album has been absorbed into the new Mac album, which may be a double-CD set.

Ryan

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
There's a mention of the upcoming Fleetwood Mac album in the current issue of Rolling Stone magazine (with Britney on the cover)...."Infatuation" is being considered as a possible title of the disc. Another possible title was mentioned but I forget.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
McVie is awesome and a big part of Mac, BUT having LB and Nicks together on the album should make it pretty damn good (hopefully). LB is my fav songwriter from the band.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Behind The Mask, which I do not own, was Mac minus Lindsey Buckingham...which is roughly equivalent to fries without ketchup. It just ain't the same! Billy Burnette and Rick Vito replaced Buckingham for this Mac release and the subsequent tour. But there was no way they were going to replace the creative contribution that Buckingham had always brought to the band, one of the most underrated musicians and songwriters in rock history IMO.

Ryan--A double album? Had not heard anything about that. Are you saying that the stuff Buckingham was working on for his solo album is being incorporated into the new Mac album done with the band or that Lindsey's stuff would be included as a kind of separate album without the band proper? The second option doesn't seem likely and if the first option is true then it would mean the Buckingham solo album has been scrapped...which would be a true shame. I have been looking forward to a new Buckingham solo album as much as a new Mac album with Buckingham included.

It is a shame McVie has opted out of the new Mac project. I also read that it is because she is done with the rock n roll lifestyle. They will miss her vocally but musically she should not be very hard to replace...Buckingham has even made a comment along these lines.

I'm betting it will be a pretty darn good album.

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator
i'm hoping the new album has some of the simplicity that made Rumours such a great album. Never Going Back Again, I Don't Want To Know and Songbird being my favorite songs on Rumours.
Rumours being the very first album i ever bought :emoji_thumbsup:
(along with Fly Like An Eagle :emoji_thumbsup: )

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Thanks for the info Brian. I knew something was missing but wasn't quite sure what it was. I bought that disc in 1990 when I was 16, listened to it once or twice and never bothered again.

Maybe next time I'll read the liner notes.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
(title TBA, possibly a double LP; some of Lindsey Buckingham's unreleased "Gift of Screws" LP may be included; producer/engineer: Buckingham; Christine McVie not involved - she has retired from the music business)
They've listed it as "possibly a double" for months now, but the stuff about including "Gift of Screws" material is new. They no longer list the Buckingham album as a separate release.
Can't say if it's true of not, but there you go -- I've heard/read similar things elsewhere.
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks