25th Hour DVD problem?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Lott, May 25, 2003.

1. David Lott

David Lott Auditioning

I watched the 25th Hour DVD last night and noticed a horrible sync problem with one of Ed Norton's lines. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same or if for some reason it's just my disk. It's in chapter five when the DEA agent asks if it's OK to sit on the couch and Monty's reply, "No, be my guest.", is COMPLETELY out of sync with his lips. I mean, you hear the entire line before he even starts to open his mouth. I know that ADR isn't always perfect and can be off sometimes, but this isn't just bad ADR. Anyone else noticed this??

2. Dave Smith

Dave Smith Stunt Coordinator

I just watched the DVD last night on my Malata and noticed exactly the same thing.

Great movie though [​IMG]

3. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I noticed it as well.

I dont remember if that happened in the theater or not - Ive noticed such things in other films as well.

While I cant think of a example at the moment I noticed it in a few films. I guess its dialogue added in post production.

4. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

I think it's completely intentional.

5. Mark Bendiksen

Mark Bendiksen Screenwriter

I noticed it, too. Given Spike Lee's penchant for doing "unusual" technical things in his movies, I wouldn't be surprised if it were intentional. I'm not sure, though.

It's interesting to me that there hasn't been more discussion about this DVD since its release last week. Spike Lee films tend to be sort of "hit and miss" for me but I really enjoyed 25th Hour quite a bit. The performances by Norton, Hoffman, Pepper and Cox were all top-notch, IMHO.

6. KevinDLV

KevinDLV Auditioning

I don't think it was intentional, but yes, I noticed it too. It doesn't make any sense that they would do that because it's completely out of place to make a line out of sync.

I don't know how they could miss it during the production of the DVD though. Shouldn't they watch the DVDs they make before shipping them out?