What's new

2500 $ for a tv suggestions needed (1 Viewer)

WillPec

Grip
We still are up in the air between projection flat direct and hdtv any suggestions or links to an evaluation of sets site? Wife getting anxious and wants a new set soon. However, I personally want to make an informed decision. Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

-Will Pecsok

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
If you go with a RPTV be sure to figure the cost of ISF calibration into the equation.

I went from a 32 inch Sony, to a Toshiba TW40X81 two years ago. While I was happy with the Tosh, I was absolutely floored by the difference the ISF calibration made with this set. While it seems that all sets can be improved by a good quality ISF calibration, RPTVs seemed to benefit more than direct view TVs. Depending on the TV, I would figure $300-$450 for calibration.

-Keith

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I am pretty happy with my Toshiba 50H81 which can be had within that price range... I need to have it ISF calibrated yet though.

Are you looking for a standard or widescreen set?

WillPec

Grip
What exactly is ISF callibration and what does it do? Also I am in the Toledo Ohio area is this something that would be available locally? Sorry for nebie question :)

Sam_goh

Auditioning
I posted this under another thread, but it may be right up your alley. I was at Sam's Wholesale Club and they had a Toshiba 57H81 for $2299, a really good price imho, might want to check out your local one.

Sam (please, no jokes =P)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks