What's new

$25 Million Dollar Hoax (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I guess I am the only one who thinks this family deserves what they are getting. Ever since they saw Ed McMahon bring Chrissy (Christy?) the money, their thoughts have been "Wow, look at all the stuff "we" can get and all the stuff "we" can get for "me"" when it is not their money. Of course most people would have bought stuff for their family, the attitude of "we are rich" "I'm a millionaire", etc. when it was the sister's money just make me ill.

Chris

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
These shows are interesting sociology experiments. Between this one, and My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance the pattern is the same. It really brings out the bad side of families, or at least brings out into the open what they are really thinking.

Of course none of these shows have the balls to actually go through with humiliating the families in the end, or exposing their bad behavior. With MBFOF that really needed to be done but it was sugarcoated and turned into a happy ending because they were getting money despite the fact that they nearly disowned their own daughter.

This show though is a little different. Not sure how close the family is but from the looks of it, they are fairly close and living together or near each other. Most families like that would probably share the wealth if one got lucky. It would be something out of the ordinary to see one of your siblings do an about-face and become so self-absorbed. Of course, the constant 'buy me this, buy me that' doesn't exactly scream unselfish either.

Even though I can already see the final episode, I'll still watch it for the reactions.
biggrin.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This show is meaner. Poor Randi had to walk a delicate line so that her family wouldn't leave the wedding party, while in this new show, it's all about envy and its effects on the family.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Frankly, I couldn't be less interested. I just lost some respect for Ed McMahon.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I can't remember what I was watching, but the other day I heard a great line:

"Money doesn't change you, it only makes you a bigger whatever you were before."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks