What's new

25' long HDMI & Component cables (1 Viewer)

Dan Burch

Agent
I been reading about cables and understand the bogus hype for expensive cables.
I need to run 25' of HDMI and 25' of component cables through wall.
On Monoprice they have
22 AWG $35 and $55
24 AWG $22
26 AWG $17
Am I better off getting the more expensive $55 for a 25' foot run or will the cheaper $17 give me the same great picture?

They have the Component for $10 and $30. Are the more expensive cables for a 25' run going to make any difference?
Thanks,
Dan

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since you are running them in-wall, you need to pick the ones that are CL3 rated. If they are all rated for in-wall, then it doesn't matter on the digital cables. You get a picture or you don't. For the analog I would go with the larger cables for piece of mind. I normally build my own cables.

-Robert

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
When I buy cables from Monoprice I always buy the Premium/Professional one's. The quality of the parts/components is clearly better and they're really not that much more expensive. Especially since you will have them for a very, very long time.

All Monoprice Premium hdmi cables are CL2 rated except the 28 g which are not rated for in-wall. Check your building code to see if CL2 is acceptable for your installation before buying.

As for component cables, for a 25 ft run I would go with the better cable. It's also CL2 rated.

Dan Burch

Agent
Thanks guys. I bought a stripper and compression tool for coxial, I never thought about making the componet cables myself. Seems like too much work.
I went ahead and ordered the more expensive cables, overall small price to pay.
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks