25"+ lcd for 800ish?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by nathanSH, Mar 4, 2006.

1. nathanSH

nathanSH Auditioning

Hauling my 32" crt has become too much of a hassle. I want to invest in a flat screen for my living room. However, money is a concern.

As I have a lot of people over I would like it to be at least a 25". From what I've browsed through, 27" would be ideal.

My limit is $800. It can be a little over for shipping and/or warranty.

ViewSonic N2750w Black 27" 8ms HD LCD TV Monitor Is the only one I've found in my price range from a brand I know. I'm a computer hardware guy and I know the brands to buy when it comes to lcd's built for computers, but I'm sure there are some different ones for television lcd's.

A friend of mine recommended you guys, I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

2. Will-Layfield

Will-Layfield Stunt Coordinator

Hey nathan I like you have been in the market for anew LCD TV for a good price and so far I have come across two or three sets that are worth looking at. The Westinghouse LTV-27W2 at bestbuy is a 27" unit that is only 699 and I have been told frequently goes on sale. Also if you can get a hold of a 10% off BB coupon that will knock another good portion of it off. Also the Syntax Olevia 26HVX model LCD panel has gotten good reviews. Try avsforum.com they have a pretty good section specifically for Microdisplays. Also every now and then Sharps and Samsung 26" LCDS go on sale for 699-899 so just check around. Some things to look for in this category would be a resolution of 1280 x 720 or higher, HDMI, DVI, more than one component inputs, low millisecond response time, detachable speakers(maybe you need this?) etc. I saw the westinghouse in BB and liked it but I am going to wait for either a better price or the newer one to come into stores with the higher resolution. Sharp Aqous LCD's are nice too and Circuit City has them on sale frequently. I would just search around a bit.

3. Will-Layfield

32" Westinghouse LCD tv on sale today for $999 if you can find any 10% off BB coupon that would drop the price down also. Just letting you know. Also if you have a CompUSA near you they have the 26" Syntax Olevia HVX LCD TV on sale today for $499. Thats a pretty damn good deal too.

4. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    I got the Westinghouse 32" this weekend and am very pleased with it so far.

The "Fit" mode works beautifully...next to no distortion.

Even the pic using my SD Directivo looks really good.

5. Will-Layfield

did u get it from BB? It is a greaty price right now but I want to wait for it to get cheaper. I think during a black friday sale it will be cheaper but maybe harder to find? I am on a tight budget so I can wait [​IMG] It looks like a great TV tho. The only LCD I saw that I liked better was the Sony XBR bravia for $1700 more.

6. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Got mine at BB..they price matched their online deal...TV + free DVD recorder...TV is looking great so far.

7. Kenny A

Kenny A Stunt Coordinator

How does the westinghouse and syntax compare to the samsung lnr268?