What's new

25-31pci and HK125, FM listening->no bass, help! (1 Viewer)

bruin

Second Unit
I have the sub connected from the sub-out of my HK125 receiver to the low level input of the svs, x-over switch off, auto on.

The sub plays fine when playing a DVD source. However when I listen to FM radio, the sub doesn't recognize a signal from my HK125 receiver. I have my main speakers all set to small and this forces frequencies

bruin

Second Unit
Problem solved! Tom from SVS emailed me right away and said that I only had to increase the sub level on my receiver. The sub kicks in now! woohoo! Thanks TOM!

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I had the same problem with my HK AVR520 receiver -- it wouldn't send anything to the subwoofer (an NHT SW2Pi) when listening to an FM station in stereo mode, although the sub output was active when listening to CDs in stereo mode. The sub was set to "SUB(L+R)" for stereo mode, so it seems that the sub should have been active for both the FM tuner and CDs.
After much experimentation, I finally discovered that I had to set the speakers to "Small" when in 5-channel Stereo mode. If this isn't done, the subwoofer is not active in 2-channel Stereo mode when the FM tuner is selected. This doesn't make sense to me, since the speaker settings for 5-channel stereo mode don't seem to carry over to 2-channel mode according to the on-screen menus, yet it nevertheless does change the behavior of 2-channel stereo mode.
Must be a bug in the unit's firmware... I can't imagine that they'd have actually intended it to function like this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks