Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Will_B, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Thought this deserved it's own thread, now that the show has started.
    Hour 2 was as intense as hour 1! I'm still trembling from adrenalyn here!
    They are really loading it for a pay-off when it comes to the two thugs in the van, I'll tell you that. I can't wait for some righteous vengence on them... (must keep telling self it is only a show!!!).
    Mia Kirshner...Keifer Sutherland...everybody on this show is great.
    I just hope that this show is completely plotted in advance. I trust it is, given the Wiseguy connection. If it all comes together like a David Mamet film we'll be well served. But if it falls apart like a Spotnitz X-Files story arc, it will be a real shame.

2. Dwayne

Dwayne Supporting Actor

I have to agree.
    I really don't watch that much TV, but the premise of this show captured my interest. Now that I started watching the show (last week), I'm hooked.
    I have really enjoyed the first two shows. The tension during the extraction was great. I definately agree about the two thugs. I wanted to reach into the set and beat the piss out of him.
    As far as tonight's revelation, I was beginning to get that vibe but I was still a little surprised when it was officially revealed. All and all, good stuff. I catch the next one provided that I get home from class in time.
    BTW, just in case anyone missed tonight's episode, FOX is going to air it again this Friday. Not sure about times... so make sure you check.
    -Dwayne

3. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Starting to lose interest fast... like the 24-hour conceit, but wish they didn't force that angle quite so much... the assassination plot is so-so interesting... the bombshell double-agent (or whatever) who stole the ID and bombed the plane lacks sufficient verisimilitude for me to suspend disbelief... likewise Kiefer's agency comrades, who appear to have walked straight out of ads in Gear magazine... Kiefer is, as usual, lacking in the leading man department... subplot about teenaged daughter dragging and contrapuntal in far too obvious ways...
    Goddam, I'm already bored as hell by this show. Same ol' lame ol. I'll give it one more episode before consigning it to the trashbin reserved for overly hyped TV crap, right next to Dark Angel.

4. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

-----------------
    I just hope that this show is completely plotted in advance.
    --------------------
    I read somewhere (Entertainment Weekly, maybe) that the show ISN'T completely plotted yet. I remember reading something to the effect that they have a "general idea" of where to take the story.
    This is my fear, too. I got caught up in "Nowhere Man" many years ago, and then it disintegrated into a horrible mish-mash of self-contradictory tangents and never resolved sub-plots.
    So far, the show is riveting!

5. Carlos Mendoza

Found the quote, from Entertainment Weekly:
    "You know, the first half of this season is in pretty good detail and we have a general idea of where to go in the second half, but some of the specific steps along the way are still a little hazy. But we'll get there."
    quoting Executive Producer Robert Cochran.

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i missed the first 1/2 hour and don't think i'll make the encore on friday.
    would someone mind posting a quick summary? i picked up where the one guy got sniped outside as he tossed kieffer the disc.
    tia
    ------------------
    "The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

7. Carlos Mendoza

This site has a pretty decent episode summary for episode 1 and I'm sure a more detailed description for episode 2 is on the way...
    TV-Tome
    I couldn't do a summary justice.

8. MikeH

MikeH Stunt Coordinator

For any others whose brain hurt after reading Al's post:
    verisimilitude
    1: having the appearance of truth
    2: depicting realism
    contrapuntal
    1. of or pertaining to counterpoint.
    Man I have start reading more. [​IMG]
    Anyway I like 24 enough that I am going to keep watching. Not sure if it will be permanent but I realized last night that I forgot The Guardian is on at the same time and I've missed the last two episodes.
    Mike

9. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    I'm still sticking with it, but it hasn't GRABBED me as I expected it would. . .
    If anyone saw Kiefer on Jay Leno, he kind of gave away an upcoming plot point, and Jay jokingly got on his case for spoiling it.
    Actually, I've never had any problems with Kiefer as a leading man in anything. . .in this show, I think his co-workers are a bit bland. . .

10. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
  11. Paul Wu

Paul Wu Stunt Coordinator

Nick, I see it will be on again Friday at 9pm on our local Fox channel, 28. So you get that? 24 on 28 at 9 on 11/16.
    ------------------
    Paul Wu
    "There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count and those that can't."

12. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

A half hour of the first episode was enough for me. They just had to put teenie-boppers in this show, with teenie-bopper problems. Can any Hollywood show escape this these days?
    The part where Keifer's character got that girl to hack his daughers email password with an IP address did it in for me. I never watched the rest.
    Jeff

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The only good thing is that I find Kim (Jack's daughter) to be a cute blonde hottie, and Mandy (Mia Kirshner) also to be a femme fatale hottie. I'm just wondering if I'll lose interest by the time day breaks in this show...
    ------------------
    PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; LDs

14. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

does anybody think the daughter's problems are connected to the assassination attempt? didn't one of the 'kidnappers' say "[name] said not to hurt her".
    in general, the show has good energy, i don't know if i'd want it to keep at this fast pace for an entire season. it'd be like a rollercoaster with no slow points. eventually you just get numb.
    and the unbelievability of the plot and the characters would start being annoyingly obvious to.

15. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Eric, yes, according the the episode guide linked to above they said "Gaines said not to hurt her". So that would indicate that the guys are hired to kidnap Keifer's daughter.
    I forgot to watch the second episode, but I figured that if there's 24 of them I have plenty of time to catch up... this show was decent, but not good enough for me to care if I miss it.
    /Mike

16. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Bill Buklis
    As for encores, I believe it's also being shown on FX every week. I don't remember offhand exactly which day and time.
    ------------------

17. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Bill Buklis
    After a quick check, FX seems to have it on Sunday Nov 18 10:00 PM CST and Monday Nov 19 9:00 CST and then again Monday Nov 26 9:00 CST.
    I'm guessing that Mondays at 9 CST are the regular weekly broadcasts so the 19th should have Ep2 (1:00-2:00AM). Perhaps this Sunday showing is a repeat of Ep1.
    ------------------
    Update:
    Nope, I finally found the actual FX website and both this Sunday and Monday are episode 2. It seems that Monday is the regular showing and occasionally they air an additional encore on a Sunday (but not every week).
    For more details go to FX's 24 website .
    [Edited last by Bill Buklis on November 15, 2001 at 01:19 PM]

18. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

19. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So

20. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

and Mandy (Mia Kirshner) also to be a femme fatale hottie. I'm just wondering if I'll lose interest by the time day breaks in this show...
    Not if she gets naked regularly. We catch her topless twice this episode. Not too shabby, although they only show outlines.