24: Was there a new episode this past tuesday 12/25???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Last night around 2:30 AM, 12/30..I saw a NEW episode of 24 air on WNYW in NY. Did one air this past week and this was a replay??? The website says next new show 1/8.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

News to me. The episode scheduled for 1/8 covers 6am-7am, which picks up exactly where the 12/18 episode left off. (BTW, the various schedules I use -- TV Guide, TiVo -- didn't list an episode of 24 on WNYW last night, but they're known for shuffling their late-night line-up without warning. Maybe someone loaded the wrong tape!)

M.

3. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

The 6am-7am episode was run early in the morning so they could have seven episodes air in 2000. This is due to a Golden Globes requirement than eligible series must have aired seven episodes during the qualifying year.

There was a little controversy that 24 was nominated before it met the qualifying rules. Note - airing an episode early in the morning for qualifying is not new. In the past years many of the big Super Bowl spots aired once or twice early in the morning before Jan 1 so they would qualify for the previous year's Clios.

-greg

4. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Ok..so I am NOT nuts!!!! BTW..from what I saw of this episode..the tension is REALLY ratcheted(sp) up!

5. Michael Reuben

6. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I actually saw the last few minutes of this and was pretty shocked. It seemed really weird, actually taking place during the day and not totally at night.

7. Michael Reuben

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

True, but I'm just used to it taking place at night.

9. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor

Bill Buklis
    If you look at the last episode, you'll notice that it was already starting to get light out towards the end. I was already thinking about this a few episodes ago - that soon we won't have to deal with constant darkness and can actually see what's going on around them (ok so it wasn't that difficult anyway).