24 VS. Heroes

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Anyone hear who won the first ratings battle yet? I know some of the bigger markets have overnight results.

BTW, I'm watching 24 LIVE and DVRing Heroes.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
"Since we are all wondering how the battle of NBC’s Heroes vs. Fox’s 24 played out, let’s begin with the 9 p.m. hour. Fox’s 24 took the time period overall in the overnights, with a 9.9 rating/14 share, building from lead-in Prison Break (#2, 6.6/10 at 8 p.m.) by a hefty 50 percent. The first original episode of NBC’s competing Heroes in six weeks ranked third in the overnights with a 9.2/13

To whet your appetite for the fast nationals, here are two things to keep in mind once the results are released.

1. The two-hour edition of 24 on the week-ago Monday averaged a 5.9 rating/14 share among adults 18-49.
2. Season-to-date, Heroes is averaging a 6.4/15 in the demo.

In other words, it could be a race to the finish line among adults 18-49."
Source

Technically, both lost to Two and a Half Men in their first half-hour, since it took in 10.2. Since it's measured on the hour, when combined with The New Adventures of Old Christine, the average gave it second place.

Final ratings wil be released later today.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Since I had 4 hrs. of hd 24 last week I recorded that and watched Heroes live last night. This is really going to suck. I hope NBC blinks.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
It's times like these that I'm thankful I now have a dual tuner HD DVR. Monday sure fills up the space though. Deal or No Deal (just to fast forward through), 24, Prison Break, Heroes, Studio 60. All great television.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I'm watching 24 LIVE and DVRing Heroes.

I did the opposite so I could use the surround speakers for 24.

DaveF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm watching Heroes live and ignoring 24

My wife is watching 24 on tape, but I don't want to add another show to my viewing schedule.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
For me, Modays used to be a wasteland with the exception of "24" and "No Reservations" on the Travel Channel. Now I have "24", "Heroes", "No Reservations", "Studio 60", and SCI FI stripping "Enterprise", which I missed during its first two seasons. Ouch. At least "Heroes" is rerun on SCI FI but I still have only one DVR.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Owning a dual-tuner TiVo takes the guesswork out of the entire process...

...so I record both "24" and "Heroes"...

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandrikmaneha