What's new

24 Seasons 1-4 (1 Viewer)

D

DAN NEIR

Just started watching this show for the first time after my friend's high recommendation. I bought season 1 and have 2-4 on order. Right now I'm down to the final 6 episodes of season 1, have to say I loved the first half and the show is highly addictive. I'd watch 4 or 5 episodes at a time. Can't imagine how hard it was to watch this only once a week. I like the whole flow of the show, only things I haven't liked so far are the wife's silly amnesia subplot and the fact that Jack's daughter stupidly went back to that guy Rick. Right now Palmer is talking about the situation w/ his son and daughter to the press. Eager to see how the season ends and to watch the other 3 seasons. I'll also be recording season 5 off of Fox and then watch it when I'm done w/ the dvds. Anybody else have comments on this season and how good or bad the other seasons were.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Of the seasons you have, I think Season 4 is probably the best.

Season 3 is probably the weakest.

The documentary on Season 2 is one of the most enjoyable special features I have watched on a TV DVD.

Have fun!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love watching it once a week. Only getting to see one at a time amps up the suspense for me since I can't just go onto the next episode. I'm sure not everyone would enjoy it but it's fun for me. :)

My favorite year will probably always be Season One but all them are good. People seem to complain that the show stops being realistic in later seasons but they seem to forget how unbelievable everything is in the show from the beginning. :)

And Season Three is the weakest but every time that I watch it, I always think more highly of it. The reality is that every season of the show has some of the series' greatest moments and some of the worst moments.

Enjoy!

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
The last third of S3 is, IMO, 24 at it's all time best. The rest of the season was a bit of a mismash but, man, what a final act!

But all of the seasons have something to offer. My favorite is probably Season 2.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I thought the same thing, as season 5 was about to start. This was my first season following the show on FOX, as I watched seasons 1-4 on DVD beforehand. But it turned out to be not as bad as I thought it would be, since I had a lot of other shows that I watched, and got my mind off the wait.

I enjoyed every season. Hard for me to say which season is the best or worst.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I love this show. I first got into watching it after a friend loaned me the first 2 seasons. I then went out and bought all 4 sets. Season 5 was the first I'd seen on broadcast television. I have to echo others' thoughts by saying that the level of suspense is through the roof. I literally couldn't wait for Monday to roll around so I could see what happened next. It's so easy to get lost in these episodes on DVD though. I can easily watch 4 or 5 episodes at any given time. IMO, the best show on television. I only wish I didn't have to wait until January for season 6 to begin. Oh well, I guess absense makes the heart grow fonder. :)

D

DAN NEIR

Just finished season 1, I knew in advance about his wife but DAMN, I didn't know Nina was a spy!!!
Can't wait to see season 2 which I just got today. Excellent first season.

Cory Pals

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cory Pals
And FOX had made it WAy easier now to follow 24 during the regular TV season. After wanting to see the show on TV, I Bought Season 1 on DVD and watched it inside a week. I had a rough time with watch season 2 and 3 between the four to six week breaks they would have. At least FX would bail me out when they would rebroadcast it the next week if I missed it the first time. FOX got it right with the start in Janurary and go straight thru til the finale route. Monday nights are now appointment TV while this show is there.

Corman

Jeff#

Screenwriter
FOX is now repeating 24 from the recently completed 5th season for a summer run on Friday nights -- two back to back episodes each week for 12 weeks.

Although every year of this show takes place in a single 24 hour day, remember that the 5th season began 18 months after the end of the 4th season.

The 4th season (the one with Arab terrorists) is the only one I didn't see, but that's because I missed the 2 hour season premiere when FOX decided to air the first 2 episodes on a Sunday....and the third hour on a Monday. (They did it again starting the 5th season in January 2006, and I didn't miss any of those). I have a strict viewing policy -- If I miss 1 episode during the year, I skip the entire year. From what I read about it, that's the season that introduces Audrey Raines -- Jack's girlfriend and fellow CTU agent....and Gregory Itzen as crooked President Logan.

Anyone know when the A & E network will rerun Season 4 again? I think they were showing this in 4 hour blocks every Monday afternoon. I don't plan to buy 24 on DVD, since I'm not collecting this show. :)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I"d keep an eye out Jeff. This coming Monday, A&E is showing episodes 13 through 16 from season 3.

- eps 17 through 20 on June 26th
- eps 21 through 24 on July 3rd

So keeping with the schedule, season 4 episodes should start airing on Monday, July 10th.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I've seen every episode of every season, and I still think that Season 1 finale remains the most compelling in the whole series. Overall I still like S1 the best, with a strong opening 13 hours and great finish, although it went through a lull in between there, with the amnesia and all that. The remaining seasons have lots of highs and a few lows too, but well worth the time.

D

DAN NEIR

Just finished season 2. I thought it was a good season overall although the subplot w/ his daughter was a bit of a stretch. From her working for the psycho dad to being w/ crazy Kevin Dillon to the liquor store hold up back to psycho dad was a bit much and I felt distracted from the main plot. Just started season 3 and I see Kim is now working for CTU, should make her being involved in things alot easier. Surprised to see its 3 years later, I'm guessing the president is not completely recovered and something is wrong with Jack.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

You'll have to play the 24 video game(or watch the story sequences online like I did) in order to find out exactly what happened between Seasons 2 and 3. It actually wasn't that bad plotwise(with the exception of the terrorists pulling a Lex Luthor/Max Zorin manmade earthquake).

D

DAN NEIR

So I see that to find out what happened in those 3 years you'd have to get the video game, that's kinda stupid. Don't like how they just dropped everything and fastforwarded 3 years ahead. And I'm totally not liking this Jack's a drug addict subplot.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Dan...

That's why Season 3 is probably my least favorite. But as others have said, it does get interesting by the end.

I think the writers and producers were sort of "spinning their wheels" by Season 3. Also note that the show aired after "American Idol" and it seemed like they had a lot of filler (without much plot movement) to try and draw in more of that audience.

As I said earlier, Seasons 4 and 5 are my favorites because they are jam packed. And while the two most recent seasons might lack "realism," they make up for it with action, suspense and plot twists.

D

DAN NEIR

I'm 4 episodes in now, Jack just broke Salazar out of jail. Does anyone know the full story of what took place between seasons 2 and 3 or where I can find the info online?

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

The main plot involved terrorists setting off bombs in L.A. to cause an earthquake. Once they do that, they try to steal weapons(I forget what kind) from an abandoned military base. The guy behind the attacks is Max(the dude on the boat at the end of Season 2). He kidnaps Kate Warner to try and blackmail Bob Warner into helping him get out of the country. Jack tracks him to his boat and kills him.

I forget why, but the terrorists also target Vice President Prescott who is visiting L.A. that day. This forces a still weak David Palmer to retake the office of President. Also, Max has Mandy kill the California Governor who it's revealed is in cahoots with the terrorists.

I believe the game is set 6 months after Season 2(which would put it approximately 2 1/2 years before Season 3).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks