What's new

24: Season Two, Extras??? :) (1 Viewer)

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Ok, the good news is the extras appear to be the same as R2 and that's one less release to worry about on 9/2. The bad news is the MSRP is 10 bucks more than Season 1(although with an extra disc and loads of supplements, it's understandable) and the specs mention Dolby 2.0 only. So either the R2 specs are wrong, or they're once again getting a superior 24 box set.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
more than likely the 5.1 on the R2 is incorrect. THey list the Buffy/Angel sets as 5.1 all the time. Not a one has been.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I was very disappointed to hear about the Dolby 2.0. Especially after seeing the Dolby Digital logo in the season two end credits. However, it could have just meant Digital Surround.

Yet, this may change within the coming months.

Otherwise, I can't wait for this set. It sounds amazing.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
It's quite likely that the R2 press release is incorrect about the 5.1. They also announced that Season 1 would have 5.1 audio.

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Full specs and artwork are here Interestingly Fox's press site also says that the set will carry Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks so I'm not sure what's going on here! Mind you, it also lists the episodes as being presented in full screen - uh oh! Oh by the way, don't look at the extras if you haven't already seen the show; there's a spoiler within. I've not seen the series myself yet so I guess I've wrecked it for myself ;)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
There doesn't seem to be any consistentency with the cover art besides Kiefer's mug. So I guess the season 3 cover art will be the back of Kifer's head.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Here's the new disc by disc breakdown

Disc 1: Commentary on episode “11:00 AM – 12:00 PM” 8 branched deleted scenes
Disc 2: Commentary on episode “1:00 PM – 2:00 PM” 3 branched deleted scenes
Disc 3: Commentary on episode “5:00 PM – 6:00 PM” 11 branched deleted scenes
Disc 4: Commentary on episode “10:00 PM – 11:00 PM” 10 branched deleted scenes
Disc 5: Commentary on episode “3:00 AM – 4:00 AM” 6 branched deleted scenes
Disc 6: Commentary on episode “3:00 AM – 4:00 AM” 6 branched deleted scenes
Disc 7: Featurettes: “On the Button”: The Destruction of CTU; Making of an Episode: Production;
Making of an Episode: Post-Production Multi-angle studies: Scene #1, Scene #2
44 deleted scenes with optional commentary

Branched deleted scenes! mmmmm

We're checking on the AR and sound format

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Sounds good, but only one commentary per disc? I was hoping there would be more. I guess it's better than no commentaries thought.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Like I said, I was surprised by the lack of 5.1 in the press release, because the show did have the Dolby Digital logo in the end credits. I'm really hoping it will be in 5.1.

Also, looks like I wasn't TOO far off with my cover. I didn't think they would change the logo to the circle one. However, good stuff. I can't wait.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The Digital Bits reports this release as having Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. They're usually pretty reliable, but at this point I don't think anybody really knows what's going on.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Let's not forget that when Season 5 of the X-Files was announced, the release said Full Screen. Later, it was corrected that it was in fact, 1:78.1 Anamorphic.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
DavisDVD is reporting that the release date is being moved up to 9/9 and that's when Amazon.com has it listed for too. I hope this is true, I could use the extra two weeks!
I don't know. I liked the 9/23 release date. It gave me some time to recover from the massive hit my credit card's gonna take on the 2nd.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I'm with you on that Adam but I want to be caught up by the S3 premiere so those two weeks would be really helpful. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks