What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
You guys are missing it ENTIRELY.

It was FUNNY! Come on!! They finally threw all caution to the wind, pulled out all the stops, and went for the hands-down, silliest, most over the top crap they could create.

The President crying in the most maudlin, melodramatic moment ever, then two seconds later marching down the halls ready to kick ass??

Jack Bauer...JACK BAUER...giving morality speeches and confessing to an Imam?? GODDAMMIT THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!

Kim the Almighty absolutely kicking ass and taking names? Screw the baby and family! She's gonna CATCH that dude! LOL!

And, the female Bauer?? Holy crap, I was waiting for her to pull the gun, shoot the kneecap, and scream "TELL ME WHERE THEY ARE!!!!" Classic.

And, best of all? Stark, raving mad, babbling Tony! You guys thought it sucked when he turned evil? Well, screw you! They went and turned him first into Inigo Montoya, and then into friggin' Captain Insane-O. I was waiting for the foam at the mouth.

Hands down, the craziest, most over the top finale I've ever seen on this show. I think they've literally run out of material and they're just going for broke.

My side still hurts...

John Watson

Screenwriter

You stole my line!

Damn good one, too
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

John Watson

Screenwriter
At least, I have the satisfaction of seeing the Mean Girl really was, just in over her head, and not part of the much-bigger, wheels within wheels, mother of all conspiracies CONSPIRACY. Olivia's daddy (Colm Feore) was pathetic. Looked like he was trying to lead President Mummy into one of those coverups of their child's man-slaughterish ways, so typical of Desperate Housewives' scripts.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Trust me. Go back and watch it. It was much worse. You've probably just been trying to forget it for the past two years, and I can't say I blame you. ;)

Regards,

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For the people saying that there's no ending, what did you expect? Did you think there was going to be a magic antidote for Jack or that they'd successfully performed the stem cell surgery with Kim in 15 minutes? I don't see how anyone thought that Jack would be fine by the end of the episode.

Whether you like the ending or not is a matter of opinion but having them getting ready to perform the surgery is alot more realistic of an ending than having a man on the verge of death from a weaponized virus be cured by the end of the hour. And if they had cured him, people would be griping about how dumb it is that this deadly disease was stopped so fast.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Clearly, since I don't think anyone who'd watched the actual scene would describe it that way. It wasn't about Islam specifically at all. It was Jack wanting/needing to talk to a man of faith, but having so isolated himself from the rest of the world that the only one he could think to call was the guy he'd been questioning a few hours earlier.

For all I carped about the show's shifting morality earlier, I liked how the finale examined it. Jack talks about making the decisions he can live with, and we understand him, but we can also see that Tony was probably thinking along the same lines, and it led him to crossing lines that we're pretty sure Jack wouldn't. President Taylor ultimately comes down on the side of the law and likely loses everything she holds dear because of it. And Renee, in the last minutes, takes another step toward becoming Jack, even though we're all too well aware that it could lead to her becoming Tony as well.

I also really liked the way they used Kim here, showing her as pretty capable and cut from the same cloth as Jack without having to accept her doing things we wouldn't believe she could do.

(You'd think the terrorists would learn about not pointing a gun at her, though. That never ends well, and this one got it particularly bad)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

You could justify that because Renee did say that he was the only lead to finding Jack and she didn't want to let that go.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
EW had some major spoilers back in March for this season of 24. I also posted some about season 8 too a while back. Seems like things are playing out like it was stated. I knew who lived and died in the end and so the continuation was not a surprise for me personally.

Yes, Renee, will play a bigger role next year and she and Jack will be more than just partners as she will be his equal and then some. Think of her character sort of like that from the movie Lethal Weapon 3. Also, President Taylor will be back with repercussions of her daughter's betrayal and what it has done to her personal life. And then....

There is a sort of 3 way between Jack, Chloe and Renee that they say won't be romantic but a kind of pull on Jack as both very close friend to Chloe and lust/partner with Renee.

Also, Jack is not FULLY recovered and there is some intent so far on dealing with that too.

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator
I was really disappointed in the finale.

So many things seemed too out there. Tony did all this work--all this killing and lying and manipulation--for pure revenge? That's it? For God sakes, he snuffed out Larry Moss.

Tony unwrapped a conspiracy that culminated with the assasination of a former United States President...all for a personal vendetta?

I liked it better when he was just evil and he believed, to whatever degree, that what he was doing was right.

I'm happy Kim didn't get caught up in too much nonsense--but I found it hard to fathom that she would follow this man with a gun through an airport--and climb through a burning car no less--when she had a new born at home.

I also didn't like the ending with Bauer. Not that there was no resolution, but look--if we knew that going into this finale that this would be it, that there would be no season 8 and this was a series finale, I would've felt more invested and seriously concerned about the main character. But I knew Jack wasn't going to die, and I think we all guessed that Kim was going to be the one to save him--and that was six or so episodes ago (close to two months in real time). It just was highly anti-climatic.

Aside from the irrational actions of characters, I thought the acting was off, as well. From Renee pulling a gun on Janis to Tony screaming at Wilson about his deceased wife and child, something didn't feel right. I guess that's more of an issue with the director, as we know this is a well acted show.

I thought the season was excellent, but I felt these last two hours were woefully unimpressive.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
As soon as Tony said that he wanted to meet Alan Wilson in person, I knew he had another twist coming. I definitely liked him just going all out for revenge more than acting against the government that failed him.

I was surprised that Walker went in after Wilson and thought she could beat some information out of him. I guess we'll see next season whether she had any success or changed her mind again or what.

As far as Olivia, I am glad that the previous spoiler rumors about her being the "big bad" didn't really pan out. Yes, she went too far, but it wasn't on a big scale. I was surprised the justice department questioning of her was so early in the morning. More of a plot device to get her out of the office than anything else, but that's a weakness of 24.

The President should have contacted Ethan hours ago, when she found out that he didn't make a mistake in having Jack question the senator's aide. Funny how the leak of that didn't backlash onto Olivia.

I am hoping that in the next season we'll have found out that this President has resigned and we just don't see that family again.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Due to a lapse in judgement on a store employee, I had the box set on Sunday, and dug in to watch the last two eps. I stand by my original assessment: weak sauce. The entire sequence of Kim in the airport was the worst.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
So Renee went into the room to go all cavewoman on the guy? It happened so fast I couldn't tell if she went into the room or left the room.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

It's not bad writing, but the actress/director didn't make it at all believeable, IMHO. It just had no weight to it, and by the time Kim runs to the burning car, pulls out the laptop, and catches her arm on fire, my wife and I were laughing at the sillyness of it all.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
To me the finale was just fine. They could have gone in a number of directions and someone would have complained no matter which way it turned. Different strokes for different folks. There are a handful of shows on television that I get upset about if something goes awry with the DVR (power outage, etc.) and 24 certainly falls into that category. Even in the "worst" of years it's still entertaining in my book and I intend to enjoy for (hopefully) years to come.

It's a fictional show, plain and simple, and I treat it as such. Over-analyzing can take away some of the fun. I can't wait until they start again in 2010.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I thoroughly enjoyed the finale.

I was glad Olivia got what was coming to her and that Aaron played a role in that happening.

Kim was able to accomplish something besides getting kidnapped again.

I liked that Tony's motivation was based on something stronger than money or power.

Thumbs-up to Jack and Agent Walker's dialogue while he was on the stretcher. The show could use more moments like that, IMO.

And finally, I liked Jack speaking with the Imam. It seemed believable to me, considering their earlier exchange.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I could be wrong, but I didn't think they made that clear. She started to go in, but hesitated. Then the scene changed.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
She went in, but then stood at the door, deciding what to do. Then she closed the door behind her, staying in the room and starting the process of chipping away at her soul that's happened to Jack.

Great little moment; I'd really hoped she would step back out.

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
As a "finale", it was anything but. Only one issue was resolved (the Presidential family issue). The most inexplicable point for me occurred in the conversation between Jack and Tony when Tony blamed Jack for screwing things up. If I heard it correctly, Tony said that he had been working 3 years for this and that he was going to turn Alan Wilson over to Bill and Chloe to deliver him to the government for prosecution, but Jack screwed everything up. What then changed Tony's mindset to that of revenge? Why couldn't he still turn Wilson over now? Very poor writing and a very disappointing ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks