What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
Is it at all possible that Tony is actually good and that he killed Moss because he knew that Moss was a secret traitor?

And, that Tony has had to keep quiet on this for some reason to be revealed next week?

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
That would be harder to explain than what we are faced with now. He killed and facilitated others killing a bunch of FBI "redshirts" as well.

Regards,

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
How depressing is it that we get a bounce back season of 24 that goes off the rails in the last 6 or so hours with the Tony surprise that will actually have a more significant impact in future seasons? Tony is one of the better characters on the show and now he's done for future seasons. Sure, they'll bring him back from the dark side, death, whatever, but that will only induce more audience eye rolling. They destroyed a good character for a plot arc that sucked. What a waste. :frowning:

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
After the Starkwood plot died and Tony turning bad, this season has lost serious steam.
The "faceless" bad guys that want to deploy a bomb in D.C. for some reason that they refuse to tell us.
The "make the muslim the hero" plot they shoe horned in. I am surprized Jack didn't french kiss him on the spot.
Sigh, another crack assassination team at an airport, in the middle of the night, complete with everything the need (video, etc) to force Jack to change sides yet again.
I guess people in the 24 world never sleep, are ready for any plan, no matter how remote, no matter that 1 million things would have to fall into place to make it work (Kim being creeped out, asking strangers for assistance, etc) at a minutes notice.
Why would they waste a minutes worth of their resources on the daughter of some out of work CTU agent?
Their whole plan hinges on some elaborate plot to blackmail Jack?
Wouldn't it have been easier to just have some sniper assassin take Tony out before he gets in the van?
Think about it. Their magic canaster act was a failure, every resource of the government will go to tracking them down, they have maybe a couple of hours to cover their tracks, what do they do?
The bad girl, on her own, sets up this elaborate blackmail scheme for Jack to help them.
What if he didn't have his phone? What if he only talked to people with secure lines?
It just stinks of setting up some crazy season finale that makes no sense.
Man, and I thought the Starkwood stand off was preposterous!?!?

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
meh, i'm just waiting for jack to kick ass and things to get blowed up. that's the whole reason to watch 24 in the 1st place ;)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Wow. Weak Sauce. That is all. Just.. yeah..

The deathbed confession to the islamic cleric he met in earlier episodes was weird; but please, no more Kim as a stand in jack chasing around the airport. It took her forever to realize they were the bad guys. Enough already. What a weak ending to the season.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Wow, no love for Bauer?

It's just escapist fare. Accuracy and realism have always been a back seat to the action and suspense with 24. Yeah, you have to check your brain, but just let yourself enjoy it for what it is and not over-analyze it. If you do it's quite fun to watch. I am enjoying the season much more than S6, even with the outrageous plot points.

Can't wait for tonight's closer.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I can't be the only one who just started cracking up at Kim's attempt at "Damnit!" can I? :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It runs in the family. Maybe it'll be her baby's first word.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

EDIT 2: Made a couple corrections to the list.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Am I missing something? How did the operatives who were with Kim manage to get their weapons through airport security. That's not something I'm just willing to "believe" unless I missed some kind of explanation there.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Wow, just wow.
Tell me there is another episode next week.
I kept looking at their clock and saying there is no way they are going to wrap this up in time, will they?
And they don't.

Last season was ten times worse as a whole but this season's finale is the worst ever in 24 history.

So, Jack living or dying is a cliff hanger? There are no cliff hangers in 24 world. They are just going to pick up next season where they left off?
What is this 48 now?

The "I am so sorry to Islam" garbage I don't even give consideration, it was so over the top and crazy I just fast forwarded through it.
To think he can get someone on the phone a few hours after meeting them, having their phone number, etc.

And what is Renee going to do to the bad guy? Scratch her nails across the chalk board?
Its just as laughable as the guy in the hospital at the beginning of this season.

The Olivia story was ham handed and pointless. It was like they reveled in the President's family's tragedy.

I didn't think a season finale could disappoint more then this year's Heroes, I was wrong.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Lamest finale ever.

Clearly, the writers didn't know how to end the season so...they didn't.

The Kim stuff at the airport was worse than the cougar stuff and my wife and I were howling at the screen.

At least they didn't let Olivia off the hook.

LAME.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah pretty lame. The only part I liked was Prez turning in her daughter and then in a matter of minutes shaking off completely losing her family and dig back into work.

Kim following that dude through the airport was absurd. I might have even bought it a little more if she grabbed a gun from one of the dudes that was down.

I'm not buying Walker as "the female Bauer". It almost felt like an SNL parody when she started flipping out in front of Janice. I like her character, and the actress, but I don't think she's properly cast for that.

Overall, I'd say it was better than last season, but all the seasons prior to that were better than this one.

Had I known the DVD would be released the day after the season ended, I most certainly would have just waited to watch it. DVD is the best way to watch '24' as far as I'm concerned.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, here's my take. On the whole, this season was a million times better than Season 6 and after the first 12-14 hours it was shaping up to possibly be the best season of the show EVER. Then, two major things occurred that killed the momentum: Jack got infected with the virus and Tony's turn to the dark side. As soon as those things happened, the season never recovered IMHO. I thought last week(hour 22) and the first part of this episode(hour 23) were pretty damn good, but that final hour of the show was the most disappointing finale in seven seasons of 24...yes, even the final hour of season 6 was probably better. Too bad a season that started with such a bang ended with a whimper. :frowning:

Overall, I'd rank this season above seasons 3 and 6, but below 1, 2, 4 and 5.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I don't know what people expected from the finale. It followed the tradition of almost every year where the threat is finished with about half an hour left. I thought the previous 90 minutes were as good and action packed as any other season.

And as for the reaching out while on his deathbed, I thought that made sense mostly. I could definitely understand him wanting to reach out while dying, but what bothered me about it was the "I always thought I'd have more time to fix my mistakes" part... since he's almost died about 20 times before.

Edit: AND to me, they successfully explained Tony's going bad again. I could buy him going after the guy for revenge much more than just him stealing the canister just to be a terrorist.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks