What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Hey...easy now...how 'bout some spoiler tags on that Robert?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I know you didn't give up a name but what you say is pretty revealing and I think I know who you're talking about (but I won't check to confirm)...

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
is it me or has all the sparks gone out of this season after tony switched sides? i feel like it's not so much tony is the baddie but more like the entire plot just came to standstill!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Absolutely. This season is definitely better than last, but it seems the same thing has happened where they just ran out of story to tell (I think it happened much earlier last season though, like hour 10). I'm actually starting to wonder if this show would work better now as '12' instead of '24'.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Try hour five. I remember thinking, "Jack shot Curtis and a nuke was detonated in SoCal. I can't wait to see how they top this." It turned out I could wait ... a very long time. All of the Bauer family drama proved to be a bust. :frowning:

Regards,

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lulz. i told ya, time to kill off kim bauer... but not before she gives us the bone marrow to save jack's life and reveal to jack that there's a reason for him to LIVE!!! his grandson! :laugh:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
episode 22
101. Franks/Bob

I love that Pierce is trying to expose the truth. Jack beating Tony was well deserved. And I liked Jabraan improvising and saying that he had a bomb to get the bioweapon out of the train station.

While I wasn't surprised that the husband and wife were bad guys, I was pleasantly surprised that the other guy turned out to be an FBI agent working for Jack.

EDIT: Corrected a name in the list.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I don't think the show earned that moment one bit. Tony is the biggest paint by numbers, shock value villain this show has had in all seven seasons.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think, on its own, the scene works (leaving out how each viewer feels about Tony turning bad*) because you get to see Jack's frustration and anger come out when he confronts his former friend over what he has done.

* Admittedly, the scene doesn't exist in a vacuum so that's not really possible.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member

It struck me that Jack asked why Tony turned on "him" not his country. It reminds me of soldiers behind the line. At some point, they stop fighting for their country (not that they don't care), and they're fighting for their unit. You're fighting to save your life and the life of the guy next to you. Jack is in battle, and Tony is supposed to be the guy next to him -- regardless of what Tony thinks of US politics and policies.

It was pretty resonant and reflective that Jack points out he has nothing left to lose (he does... Kim and his grandson, though not his own life), and Tony ups the ante as a person who really has nothing to lose (his life, but nothing else, in his mind, and losing his life in that situation might be a relief).

It should be a bang up 2-hour finale next week.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I first thought the other guy was a bad guy, but then I recognized the actor who was playing the husband.

The main nit I have on the episode is that it took place between 5 AM and 6 AM. Peak service does start at 5 AM, but if they wanted more bang for their buck they would have done the attack at least an hour later.

In addition, Metro Center (or in 24-universe Washington Center) is not the end of the line. It is a major transfer point. There is no way that car would have been emptied out.

Also, where is Kim flying to and why on Earth would she be trying to get out on such an early flight?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I haven't been particularly happy with this season ever since the
cheap ploy to make Tony a bad guy.

However, last night's episode set up for what should be a really
huge finale that I am greatly looking forward to.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the Blu-Ray is coming out the day after the season finale.

does this mean hours 23 and 24 will air together next Monday?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Back to Los Angeles. I can see her wanting to get back to her baby as soon as possible. Given that her flight was already delayed an hour (or whatever) at 5am, it's a few hours too early; most service starts around 6am. But since the show blows the roof off the nitpick scale, this one is pretty minor.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Well, I'm glad I'll be able to see the last 2 episodes on one night, and get it over with.

I do hope there will be a real comeuppance for the Mean Girl, and that Aaron will have a role in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks