What's new

24 Season One: Some afterthoughts (1 Viewer)

Christopher D

Second Unit
Oh, BTW, there is a bit of PAL speedup on the R2 discs. It's not a huge deal depending on your taste, but if you directly compare with R1 the difference is noticeable.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Heard an interesting thing on NPR the other day. The said that you tell all of the bad guys because they used Wintel PCs and the Good Guys all used Macs!

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Mark,

I would believe this except that, If I remember correctly, Mason was using a Dell laptop. Now, he wasn't always helping matters but he certainly wasn't a "bad" guy. Just a little dirty.

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
Well, chalk me up as viewing it all in a single week (18 of the 24 episodes in the past 2 days). Would've been quicker had it not been for work/school/tests. Most memorable moments:
When it appeared Kimberly was caught in the car explosion after it slid off the embankment. I kid you guys not, I think I was literally in shock. I could barely breathe or look at the tv.

Also, when Jack tricked "Allen/Kevin/what's-his-name" into the back of the limo, and stared at him with those I-am-going-to-rip-your-heart-out eyes as Kevin emptied his clip into the bullet-proof glass. What a scene!

I'm kind of suprised that some of you weren't expecting the harsh finale after the hell they put the characters through.
Plus: once Drayden (sp?) and his associates were killed before half past eleven, logic dictated there was NO way Jack and his family was getting through the day intact.

The director's commentary on the alternate ending was priceless and right on the mark. I kind of wish they had found a more-dramatic & less bubbly plan B to end the series for the following reason:
I confess I can't figure how they're going to pull off the next season. One of the most engrossing aspects of the show was the empathy we the viewers felt for Terri and Kimberly through all of their ordeal (Not to mention Jack!). Can it really get any more tragic and all-around subversive? Will the audience be able to stomach it? Let's just hope this is one television series they end right for a change, cause it might be one of the best modern myths ever.
I guess I'm fortunate to be able to say this, but Jack Bauer's day may have been the longest day of MY life.:D
What a great show.
They'd better not hurt Kimberly next season! GRRRR! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Just saw an ad for this season with some brief clips. Things I noticed:

Jack has a beard in one preview clips and does not in others. This would say to me that either there are flashbacks or the show takes place over a longer period than 24 hours this time around.

i guess this would be more appropriate for the TV forum.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Christopher, as much as it may be interesting what the actress said, she isn't the writer or director. And bear in mind many actors don't even watch the shows they are on, being somewhat busy at the time of production - and know less about the plot than watchers do.

Shane Bryant

Agent
Josh,

From what I've read (mostly from interviews with cast/creators), at the start of the new season Jack is in a deep depression, and gets called back to the field by President Palmer. Usually when movie characters are in a big depression like that they let their facial hair grow out, so that's how Jack probably starts out, then shaves later on. But I could be wrong too.

Christopher D

Second Unit
I'm not saying that she's the final authority on it; I am saying that her point makes a lot of sense and certainly supports the inference that the footage in question was edited out for a reason. IMO, it certainly wasn't essential to the intended vision, or it would have been included in the original broadcast.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Josh, it's been confirmed that Season 2 of "24" will be in the same format, that is, 24 episodes each representing 1 hour in a single 24-hour period. The "day" will be starting at a different time this year (8 PM, I believe).

It was widely reported that Fox was considering a format change but the producers came to them with a storyline that supposedly blew the network away, so they gave their blessing to continue the format as as.

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
Didn't Nina walk in on on Teri's sonogram? Now granted that we all know at the time Teri was getting a sonogram for the pain she was feeling but Nina let go of a couple of strange expressions in the hall afterward. I think she suspected. I think she knew.

Chris

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I was just happy with the abundance of Apple computers in the show. As a huge Apple fan, it was fun to see them get some exposure. Now, if only the government really used them, maybe it could get things done :)

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know how well this DVD set has been selling? Some sales figures on it would be interesting to see. I hope it has met FOX's expectations. Despite the uniqueness of this show (it's not very syndication friendly), really strong sales might bode well for future early show-to-DVD possibilities from FOX. That would certainly be nice.

Deborah

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
In regards to the new season, it will begin with the 8 o'clock hour in the morning. This way, they can shoot "nighttime" outdoor scenes during the winter when the sun isn't in the way as much. On the flip side, they're currently filming daytime scenes during the summer and early fall when the sun's out longer.

The show is just as exciting on DVD as it was the first time on television. I hope they rerun Season 2 on FX again each week so I can get my fix two or three times a week.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
We just bought the set today. I had rented the first disc from Blockbuster. My wife had skipped the show when it was on TV because she thought they were just following one guy around for 24 hours! She was sick today and popped the DVD in. Four hours later, she needs the next fix. I walk in the door front work, she says, "Go buy the rest of the discs."

I love her! :)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I watched the entire set inside of 24 hours....wow! Thats about all I gotta say...this is without a doubt one of the best TV programs I have ever witnessed...and all the better on DVD...no commercials...no waiting a week....simply stunning show....wow.... :)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
One thing I was surprised Jack didn't react to or pick up on. When they are driving to the field and George is on his cell with Nina and she is telling him he should tell Jack about the attack at the safe house. Once they park George asks Jack for his cell saying his own battery had died. Then a few minutes later, as they are searching for what is in that field of interest to the terrorists, George gets a call on his cell phone, and Jack should be like, I thought you said you battery died.

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I cannot get the local Fox affiliate where I live so I wasn't able to watch this on it's initial run. I did get the privilige to watch all 24 episodes on DVD and all I can say is... WOW!!!

There are a few shows i'd consider groundbreaking (ALL IN THE FAMILY, HILL STREET BLUES, NYPD BLUE, MIAMI VICE) that i've seen in my lifetime, but this one takes television to a whole other level!! It is literally watching a 24 hr movie! There's very little "traditional" television to this show, it's more theatrical. Even the music score seems theatrical.

I was rivited from the very first episode through the last! So many plot twist and turns and the tension that it created. It really is like "tv crack"!

I can't wait till the 2nd season comes to DVD and yes a show like this one can restore my faith in Network Television again!

David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks