What's new

24: Season One - final art and confirmed specs (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I gotta say that the plain black box with the glowing digital "24" is the best art of any of the alternatives so far. Which I'm sure means we'll never see it.

I still don't know why studios feel the need to plaster actor's faces all over the artwork. Sometimes less is more.

Like others have expressed though, the content is what's important. Mine is on preorder.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Earlier in this thread somebody had asked about the ratings for 24. While the Nielsen's were just so-so, I have heard several times that 24 had the wealthiest audience on network TV. That translates into strong ad sales even if it's not a top 25 show. I can't help but think that's also a factor in getting the DVD out so quick -- Fox knows this show has a fanbase with dollars to spend.

AmitS

Grip
Wasn't it originally reported that this boxset would include the original pilot episode (which was changed after the 9/11 attack) ?

What happened to that plan?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't it originally reported that this boxset would include the original pilot episode (which was changed after the 9/11 attack) ?
The only thing that was edited out of the pilot episode was a scene of the airplane exploding. In the broadcast version, when Mandy jumps out of the plane, we hear the plane explode, but we only see debris follow her.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
The only thing that was edited out of the pilot episode was a scene of the airplane exploding. In the broadcast version, when Mandy jumps out of the plane, we hear the plane explode, but we only see debris follow her.
That's not true, Matthew.

There were numerous minor differences between the pilot episode and the transmitted version.

Another major change was the opening scene. In the transmitted version the agent (Victor Rovner) is transmitting from Kuala Lumpur. In the Pilot he was transmitting from Venice. Since I haven't seen the later episodes of the series I don't know if there was a good reason for this change. Otherwise the change seems pretty arbitary. Perhaps the producers decided they needed a more exotic location for the opening shot?

MichaelAW

Second Unit
Julian: No spoiler here, but that Kuala Lumpur/Venice issue is not addressed at all in the series after the first episode. I'm a bit curious as to why it was ignored, but maybe it'll come up in season 2. :)

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
Each disc comes with an animated menu, which does guff on a little bit before allowing you to pick which episode you wish to view.
To heck with the cover art (I don't sit around looking at the box anyway...) -- this is what irks me.
[rant]
I've really grown weary of animated menus that make me sit through the same 5 minutes of animation time after time waiting to choose an episode... Whoever did the animated menus for the Flying Circus set should be flogged. Sure, it's cure the first couple times, but after 14 DVDs of 3 viewings each, the whole thing has grown quite tiresome.
Oh, and let me guess, the episode selection menu will be accompanied by a complete pre-telling of the episode a la "Sopranos" or "Sex and the City"!! I don't want to read about the episode, I just want to watch it!!
[/rant]
Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. :)
That having been said, I can't wait for 24 on DVD! I missed a couple episodes due to VCR programming ineptitude (I know how to do it, I just always seem to punch a crucial wrong button and not catch my error :frowning: ) so I'm really looking forward to seeing the whole series uninterrupted.

Dave Gorman

Supporting Actor
That's weird! I didn't realize the "[rant][/rant]" tags would actually format my text in my previous post! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks