What's new

24 Season Four Announced! (1 Viewer)

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I received my copy last week. I plan on watching it starting tomorrow, after my last final, because I know it's addictive.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

If it was, no one has made anyone mention of it on the commentaries that I've heard so far. Although on the commentary of the S4 prequel, Jon Cassar says that that was shot on HD video so maybe they did end up using HD for the entire year as well.

MatS

Screenwriter
the set looks fantastic and sounds fantastic
and of course the material is fantastic

I just finished disc 4 and am feeding them to my family members as fast as they can get through em (I saw season 4 when it ran they did not)

haven't dived in to the bonus/special features

what I don't like is
after you view an episode you have to return to the main menu instead of jumping right to the next episode

there are spoilers in each still shot menu for each episode

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am just starting disc 5. Got through the
first 4 discs in just over a day.

I guess Fox didn't get our message....

They still ruin shows by showing key scene
elements in their menu.

Otherwise, it's a good season - not as good as
the prior three - but good!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the pictures of characters on the box, discs, and booklet are worse spoilers than the menus (at least the nine episodes I've seen so far). Although there was definitely one menu that made me think "I'm glad I've seen this episode."

I've been listening to the commentaries as I get to them and surprisingly the Shannon Doherty and Evan Katz is probably the best one I've heard so far. Doherty actually asks some interesting questions and gets Evan Katz talking about some different stuff than people normally talk about on other 24 commentaries. I figured that Doherty would only say things like "Wow!" or "Oh my god, that's so exciting!" but that's not the case. Sorry, Brenda. :)

MatS

Screenwriter
she was not in an episode
I heard she was on there because she was a big fan of the show

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Mat is right. Apparently, she was just visiting the set and they invited her to be on the commentary too. She does joke that she wants to an extra in the CTU just so people see her and say "Was that Shannon Doherty?"

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
By the way, anyone know exactly why Kim's character hasn't been back yet on the show?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The writers never knew what to do with the character so they figured they'd write her off when they got rid of the rest of the cast. She said that she wants to concentarte on her movie career too.

The sad thing is that when Elisha Cuthbert was given good material she was good in it (like the wonderful scene between her and Jack when he's flying the plane with the nuclear bomb in S2) but unfortunately those really good scenes for her were few and far between.

*cough*cougar*cough* :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks