What's new

24 Season 4 ongoing thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Great start to the season. Can't wait for tonight's "Twist so shocking...you won't see it coming"

Welcome back, Jack.

Chris

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Excellent start...I agree with the Chloe thing, when I first saw her it was Holy Cow, she's actually looks pretty good..popped in a few season three dvd's and she was definetly bigger...looks like she lost a few pounds and is not as annoying as last season...so far so good.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Someone other than me must have been disappointed when the early morning motorbike rider turned out not to be Mandy. :D

Brad

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
To keep peace in the house, I had to record 24 last night and will tonight as well (goddamn Desperate Housewives!), but a Jack Bauer 4 hour marathon sounds almost as good as watching it live. Let me tell you, I am going to make my wife sit and watch all four hours with me, to make up for having to watch those stupid women of "Hysteria" Lane.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I don't think Chloe has changed, personality-wise, at all since last season. It's just the context: As the only oasis of familiarity and known competence among all these new CTU people, she's the one we trust, and lack of any social skills whatsoever seems more endearing than annoying.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Is tonight here yet?! Those first two hours kicked my ass!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

As someone else said: Welcome back Jack!
Also Im in love with Jacks woman (secretarys daughter). Who is she?

Nick

Second Unit

Charles_Y Season 3 is now on DVD and I would recommend to rent it instead. You know why ? no commercial interuption.
I never saw the fist and second season on TV but I saw both of them on DVD and loved them both.. Season 3 could be better..I just started recording Season 4 on my recordable DVD last night and edited the commercial out. Still debating if I should wait until I get at least 10 episodes first before I start watching.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say it was a rather good start although few things reminded me a little too much of the previous seasons: Jack shooting the guy in the leg in interrogation reminds the hacksaw incident a bit too much. Or the time when he interrogated Nina in season 2 and threw away the table. And then the computer kid story arc is a bit similar to Kyle Singer's arc from season 3.

I also don't like the aspect of Debbie following the kid to the place where the boy delivered the briefcase - it feels bit stupid. I hope she (or the boy if the girl gets killed) isn't the one who eventually informs CTU of the place.

But other than that, I liked it. A lot. The first two episodes were a nailbiter, and I mean that literally. :)

I enjoyed the first two episodes. I don't care for Jack's new love interest, but I guess anything is better than the dude that played his first wife.;)

Happy not to see Kim I guess. Wait, let me change that. Happy not to hear Kim.

I called the new girlfriend getting kidnapped immediately, also.

The interrogation scene was classic Jack, and I loved it.

The whole net broadcast was eerily familiar however, and I can't believe FOX isn't getting any slack because of it. I thought for sure the Secretary's head was coming off.:frowning:

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
I enjoyed the start to the season. Really the only criticisms I had were 2:

1. Why is everyone in leadership at CTU so DUMB?
2. Jack CAUSED Ronnie to die by opposing him (at the trainyard at the end.) The sequence of events is clear. However, Ronnie deciding to lock Jack up and go alone into the fray was ...see criticism 1, last word.

Looking forward to tonight.

Ivan

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Wow, 24 is really turning into a La Femme Nikita reunion! First we had Operations show up in season 2, and now we get Madeline. I wonder how much writer Joel Surnow has to do with that seeing as he was Executive Consultant and a Director on LFN...?

Let's see Michael come in as an enemy (or ally) of Jack's. :)

Loved last night's episodes--especially when Jack "took over" the interrogation. Jack's Back!

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^John Cassar who is the serise director was a director on LFN as well. Also I believe Sean Callery did the score for that show as well.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Kim Raver, yech. She played the most annoying character of all on "Third Watch". Kept hoping for her to get killed off.

William Devane is OK, but when he talks, only his lower lip moves. Why is that? Back in the early 80s, I sat at the next table to him at some little restaurant in DC. I whispered to the girl I was with "That's William Devane". She said "So, who's he?"

So why would Jack get up, put on a nice suit, shirt & tie, and not shave? You're working for the DOD now, Jack, look the part!

The first 2 hours were great, as good as Seasons 1 & 2.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I'm currently blazing through season 3 on DVD and I'm while its not bad, its not season 1 or 2. Season 4 looks to be much better than season 3 if the 1st 2 episodes are any indication. Kim is killing me in season 3. There is a threat to national security going on (early in the season) and all she can think about is how to tell her dad that she is seeing Chase. :angry: I think I may have suffered permanate eye damage from rolling them so much. Glad to hear she won't be around in Season 4. :emoji_thumbsup:

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I thought the 2 hour premiere was great. I'm now glad that Fox is airing all of the episodes at once without a rerun.

Glad to see that some Canadians actors are getting roles south of the border.

In regards to the terrorrist household, I get a suspicion there might be more to the "mom" than it was shown last night.

Also I'm glad that Kim Raver is back on TV after leaving Third Watch. She's looking good.

Can't wait for two more hours of 24 tonight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kim Raver has the oddest nose, it's not ugly, but it's got so many contours to it, I find myself staring at it when she's on the screen, distractingly so.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Chloe hasn't really changed. The command structure at CTU is still nuts. The computer lingo is still ridiculous. But a very entertaining 90 minutes (when seen without commercials).

More like contributed. Was there a way to try and capture the guy other than jumping out into the open and making yourself such a clear target? Too bad whatshisname didn't get a physical description of Jack, or some kind of password from Chloe during that second call.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Working in TV news, I was a little surprieed that a station was broadcasting live from the train wreck after about 9 minutes. I believe they had a count of the dead by quarter after. And every place they go in that town seems like its gotta be about 3 blocks away. I still love the show, but part of me keeps wondering how long one of their 24 hour days would really take!

Welcome back, Jack!

Ric

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
The "net" thing and the whole premise regarding muslims etc...I sense some unhappy "fan" mail for Fox...but I don't care! Kudos to Fox for doing it! So far it rocks...1 hour 37 min to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks