What's new

24 Season 4 ongoing thread (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
Well so far an excellent first two episodes; worlds better and more enjoyable then last year. Probably the freshest I've seen the show since the first season. The new cast is fitting in very nicely - I think the secretary of Defence was an excellent casting call. No more Kim. No more Nina. No more Sherry. Listen to me, I'm excited about this show again.

Let's hope they keep this momentum up.

Also Sean Callery should really get more praise. His work on this show is phenomenal and I couldn't imagine 24 without his score.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Scrapping the whole supporting cast was a great move - it's like a brand new show. Teresa from Boomtown and Kim from Third Watch are looking dandy here. ;) An exciting start and a great new cast. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
And what happened to Chloe? She is no longer uptight!!! And what is with the new sexed up look? I like it.

And I also like the return to a more personal and intimate story(so far) with the only people in danger being those close to jack.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^Yeah Chloe did not bother me at all. The fact that people jumping from point A to point B in mere minutes doesn't bother me. As far as I'm concerned - this season opener was prefect. Reminds me of the first season A LOT!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Plus, Chloe put it on the line for Jack and stood up to Driscoll.

This is a spoiler for future episodes so I'll use the spoiler text

It's great to see new blood at the CTU but it'll also be exciting to see Tony and Michelle return later in the year too.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I so wanted Jack to say "I'm gonna need a hacksaw" when he was "interrogating" the terrorist at CTU (and opted to just shot him in the thigh).

Can't believe Andrew (kidnapped hacker) was that little boy in "Witness" Lukas Haas. Also, how about Oliver from Six Feet Under showing up to take the briefcase from Behrooz.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I like seeing Alberta Watson on TV again..She was great on La Femme Nikita.

Great to have the power hour back again, but 2 nights of back to back episodes are really gonna spoil me fast.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator

I'm having enough trouble waiting for tomorrow night. It'll be tough after tomorrow to wait a whole week. I'd somehow put the past trauma of waiting a full week between episodes out of my mind.

How did I ever wait that long in the past? On the plus side, the day concludes in 5 1/2 months instead of the usual 7 1/2 months.

This is the best first two hours since Season 1.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

You mean the guy who's introduced as having Jack's old job? As soon as those words were uttered, my wife turned to me and said, "He's dead!" :laugh:

M.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Amen. I love the little Jack Bauer retro-theme that he drops in ever now and again.

With this and Carnivale, it was one hell of a night for television. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
BTW, I love William Devane as the Secretary. He also plays the President on Stargate.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Not a bad start but with something that has been on for 4 seasons now, most things that happen are not a surprise anymore and that's where "24's strengths lied. You know when you are expecting one thing, it will take a turn the other way. Not quite as good as the first two seasons but still entertaining.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I thought the first episode was good, but I didn't like the second one as much.

What's with these stupid teenagers at the beginning of the season?

I didn't recognize Lukas Haas at first, but then I recognized his voice.

Who was that black guy at CTU that knew Jack? I don't remember him.

There are some nice girls this season. Aisha Tyler will be appearing tomorrow, I think.

~T

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Well the beginning of Season 3 was a Ford Sponsored show. It was commercial free except for a like five minute Ford mini movie at the end.

I am enjoying the season so far, but it hasnt gotten the grab you by the balls feeling yet. Season 1 took a few episodes to do that, as did season 3. Season 2 started the strongest of them all, yet ended the weakest. Season 1 was the most consistent all the way through, and I hope this one is as well. Judging from the Charlie Rose interview, I think it will be, as they already have 14 episodes in the can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks