24 Season 4 casting *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Tony_La, May 24, 2004.

1. Tony_La

Tony_La Stunt Coordinator

According to TVGuide.com
    TIME'S UP: The pink slips are flying at 24's Counter Terrorism Unit. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Reiko Aylesworth (Michelle), James Badge Dale (Chase) and Carlos Bernard (Tony) will not be returning next fall as series regulars. Additionally, Jack Bauer's demon spawn, Kim (played by Elisha Cuthbert), is expected to make only guest appearances. The jury is still out on Mary Lynn Rajskub, who as CTU grump Chloe, gave birth to the breakout character of the 2003-04 TV season.

I'm disappointed about Reiko not returning, Michelle's character got a huge boost in the last few episodes, and I was hoping that she'd be back. I hope that Chloe will be back, but it was posted in another thread that Mary's going to on Kelsey Grammer's new sketch comedy show. Kim was pretty much just a guest character this season with only a few episodes that concentrated on her. I hope that the whole Presidential storyline will be toned down next season, this season, they seemed to pull the show down.

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Interesting. Though I like Tony, I don't mind if he's not back. I think Michelle got cooler as the season went on and had potential to turn into a female Jack and it would have been cool to see her develop into that.

With all these characters gone and Nina and Sherry dead (and I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer loses his presidency tomorrow), I guess they're going to go with a clean slate.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Actually, if this casting information proves to be the case, it looks like the storyline will be very Palmer-centric next year. That's fine with me. The problem with this season was not that it had a "presidential storyline" or that future such storylines need to be toned down. The problem was that it was a "B" plot that did not have a strong tie to the main plot thread, not unlike season two's "Dances with Cougars" Kim plot. [​IMG]

Regards,

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Sherry wasn't a "regular" at the start of this season, but her presence got larger and larger as the season progressed.

I won't miss Chase.

5. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

Man, losing Tony and Michelle would be a huge hit. Tony really keeps 24 going, IMHO. He always has that underlying tension with Jack (issues with Nina, etc) and is sort of the CTU "good-cop" to Jack's "bad cop." In many ways, Tony is the heart of CTU and 24. That would really stink.

6. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

Not bringing back Michelle is a big mistake. Reiko's acting was excellent in the last 1/3 of the season beginning with the Chandler Hotel storyline. Plus with Tony likely going to prison for a very long time, she could be written a lot like Jack next season. A bitter, disenchanted CTU agent who's lost their spouse because of their job.

Daniel Dae Kim likely won't be back either since he's listed in the cast for J.J. Abrams' Lost. That leaves Kiefer Sutherland and Dennis Haysbert as the only returning regulars from Season 1, and that's assuming Palmer doesn't go down in the season finale for the mess he's gotten himself into.

7. OliverT

OliverT Stunt Coordinator

Hopefully this would indicate that they will remove CTU and LA from 24. CTU is done. LA is overly done.

I'd love to see 24 and existing format with Jack (and possibly Palmer) in a completely new setting. I've enjoyed this show a lot but I can't see myself sitting through another season of CTU in LA.

OT

8. Daryl Stovall

Daryl Stovall Second Unit

My god man! Dont' you realize that Los Angeles is the center of the universe. [​IMG]

9. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Due to school I was unable to watch this season, but I've heard a lot of bad news about it. Bringing Nina and Sherry back was a bad idea. Starting fresh next season would be the best idea.

10. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I hope they have a new storyline, simply because Sherry and Nina were getting annoying. I'm happy that they were brought back so they could be killed.

11. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Mike, I would still give season 3 a shot when the DVDs hit. The beginning of the season was decent, but took a nosedive until about episode 15 or so, whenever the Mexico section ended, and then the series delivered some of its best episodes ever.

12. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

All rumors so far, but it would be nice for a season where Jack is overseas with the president and something goes wrong

capt

13. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Well, Reiko was in "The American Embassy" 2 summers ago...

14. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Moving out of LA would be a much needed change. I know I sound really down on the show, but I absolutely loved the first two seasons, so my expectations are unnaturally high [​IMG]

15. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

Well, they did set it up at the start of the season with the discussion about Tony getting a job in another city - was it Washington. So this doesn't bother me too much.

EDIT: I'll note that I posted this while we were still halfway through season 3 here in NZ.

16. Robert Watson

Robert Watson Stunt Coordinator

Kim Raver, who played on third Watch for five seasons, has joined the cast of 24. She'll play Audrey Raines, an aide to the secretary of defense in Washington. The new season starts in January.

What are your thoughts on Kim Raver as part of the cast of 24?

17. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

They should have stopped the series after Stephen Hopkins left. Cassar and his writing team cannot put together the series as well as when Hopkins was aboard.

18. Robert Watson

Robert Watson Stunt Coordinator

Why do you think that?