What's new

24 season 3 (1 Viewer)

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Once the show picked up again at the end, I just hit the reset button in my head and ignored the previous episdoes of the season. The end of season 3 ranked up there with some of the better parts of season 1 for me. I just hope that ending was an indication that the producers and writers have found their way again and that carries over into season 4.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
With Season 1, the producers only planned the first half of the season (as they didn't know whether the show would be picked up by Fox) which explains why the show went downhill. But for Season 2 and 3 they really didn't have an excuses not to plan out one coherent story. Not that production breaks are long in TV production, but certainly enough for the writers to sit down with the producers and work a nice logical storyline for the day. I didn't get that sense with Season 3, like many of you are saying.

I'll be watching Season 4, but the previews aren't doing it too me. Jack might as well be saying 'Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in... again".

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think it was pretty much admitted that the writing of Season 3 was done on the fly for the later part. But I think it has go to be tough, because I think viewers would get a bit impatient if they had to wait until the very end of the season without some big payoff moments.

Would people here have waited patiently to episode 24 of season 2 without any real payoff with the nuclear bomb?

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^I totally agree. I think the last episode was incredibly lame compared to anything hat had happened previously that season. Except that wall jump that Jack did, that was very cool.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the fight in the stadium at the end of season 2 was cool, but overall the finale of it felt like a rushed conclusion. Too many loose ends tied up in that one hour.

Watching Season 3 again, there are things I am liking more the second time, like Chase and Chloe. I am sure everyone has met someone like Chloe before in their life, and I think that is why she is so interesting. It is like she patterns all her behavior and speech off of self help books and whatnot. Like when she said "well I spoke my mind like I should" then walked off. Or something like that.

The middle part of the season STILL sucks. At least now I can skip half of disc three and be fine.:)

I am seeing also those few episodes I missed during the initial airing. The one where Nina is flying back and CTU is trying to stop the worm. I never saw that episode before. I LOVED the part at the end where Jack looks at her and says "we stopped the worm" and has this complete psycho look in his eye. The kind of "youre mine now bitch" look. He just couldnt wait to get on land so he could kill her. He couldnt hide the excitement. Might as well have been licking his chops in anticipation.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

You're definitely right on that count. That's probably the reason I'm so quick to defend the show...even when it sucks, Kiefer is strong enough to make things interesting.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Agreed!!!

Keifer is the show. There was talk of him leaving or being killed in season 3...glad to know he's back for season 4.

When does season 4 start? Last I heard was sometime in January, anybody know the date?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Why are they moving to Mondays? The show barely keeps its head above water with the American Idol lead in.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
^Who knows, while its not the worst time slot as I don't know anything else that airs on the same time somewhere else - there really was no reason to move the show.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
As with both of the previous seasons, I caught the first three episodes on TV and then just didn't have the time to keep up. Besides, DVD is the way to view this one.

On a sad note, though, I don't get to see it until after Christmas. I bought it on release day. When I got home, I left it in my truck for some reason, but it was a good thing. I walked in the door to discover that my wife had just wrapped a Christmas present for me that is the exact size and weight of 24 Season 3. So, not wanting to anger her (seeing as how I'd broke the "no buying things this close to Christmas rule) I returned my copy and bought The Office instead. Now I have to wait. Oh well, if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have ended up with The Office. Great show.

I had a rough time with the picture quality of this set. The color seemed off and it was very grainy, particulary in the darker scenes. I thought the flesh tones were pretty poor as well. Does anyone know if this was done in HD or was it Fox WS?

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor

Then there will be many tears. But, my wife knows I'm not a big Buffy fan, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

StacyV

Second Unit
No one's mentioned it yet, so should I assume that everyone else has the usual episode guide booklet and FOX promotional inserts? The "pocket" of my set was empty.

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
For those who don't know, they released a 24 soundtrack which features selected tracks from the first three season. It's a pretty sweet listen.

MattGunn

Auditioning
I guess it's just me, but I really really enjoyed Season 3.

Could be my favorite season yet. Get rid of Kim, and it could only get better. Not too excited about how season 4 is shaping up, as it seems jack's charachter is changing a lot.

I don't see why so many people talked down about season 3. I loved it. About equal to season 1, and more than season 2.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Well, as I sit here typing this, my wife is asking me to go ahead and open a present now. She knows we will be busy around Christmas and I won't be able to enjoy the present properly. It has to be 24 Season 3. Can't resist much longer. It looks like my 24 marathon begins tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks