24 Season 3 speculation(spoilers abound if necessary)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Sean Moon, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Well, didnt see any other active threads about this, and anyone correct me if I am wrong, but I just want to get a good discussion going about the upcoming season three of 24.

Seeing the preview for the third season, it almost looks like they are trying to work in a replacement for Jack on there in the form of that lame looking kid. The plot of bioweapons is very cool and scary, but somehow I think it would have been cooler for a smaller scale story this time around after the nuclear threat of season 2.

Now, from reading the TV guide interviews and whatnot, some things got my mind racing. In it, Kiefer mentions how he wanted to kill Bauer at the end of season 2, just to show the show is willing to do anything. Obviously they didnt, but from what the TV guide said, they have something BIG planned for early season 3. A MAJOR twist that makes all the old ones look tame. It may be just marketing hype, but it may be the truth. Here are some of my theories, stupid as they may be.

1. Jack Bauer WILL die. The article states that is not the case, but I wouldnt put it past them. Wheter he dies from a heart attack of by gunfire, this would put a major curve on the show.

2.Jack is somehow involved with the terrorist plot this time. The previews and articles all make it look like Jack is damaged goods this season, and maybe just maybe, he is somehow responsible for the terror this season. Either he is in on the plot, which is kinda dumb I think, or he is somehow responsible for hte virus in question. Who knows. Like I said, stupid theories

3.Someone major will die early on. I think to throw the show for a loop, killing Jack would be great for shock value, or to say he has only a few days to live. But if they killed off kim early, that would drive jack over hte edge permanently I think. Or maybe even Tony Almeda, kill him off. But only by killing jack or kim would you achieve real shock

Personally, unless he is proven good, I hope they kill off this new punk taggin around with jack. Just pictures of this guy makes me kind of sick. I dont know why.

I am curious to see what everyone else is speculating now.

2. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

3. Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren Second Unit

If Jack Bauer dies i'm off. His character is a breath of fresh air compared to the usual dross of PC, strong female types, computer geeks etc. Lets hope hes around for Season 4. [​IMG]

4. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Stunt Coordinator

About Kiefer's stay in 24, nothing definate but just in case with spoiler-tags:

I read from GEOS after they had wrapped the first season that Kiefer has signed a seven year contract.

5. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

I agree, if Keifer goes, the show seriously drops in watchabilty, for me.

For a shock value maybe they could have Jack, unwittingly somehow, help the terrorists disseminate the bio weapon, amybe even deliver it to Palmer who then dies. Now Jack has unknowingly helped the terrorists and inadvertently killed the man he'd been protecting for the 2 prior seasons, would he ever be pissed!

6. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

My guess would be Palmer.

If Jack goes, I think the show does too.

7. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

I agree that if Jack goes, so does the show, that is why I would be pissed about them killing him off. But in the article Keifer states teh only reason they would kill him is to show the audience that ANYTHING can happen.
    As for Jack being in on hte plot to kill people, that is against his character, but thats why this is speculation.

I do vote for Kim dying. As much as I enjoy the visual side of watching Kim, she is useless to the show. And her dying would put Bauer in a more extreme mindset than he was even in season 2.

8. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    hi guys

I just finished up with watching Season 2 last nite. Sean, your statement of kim being useless is an understatement!

Other than the Kim character I am enthralled by the show. Keep up the work Fox!!

Regards

Gregg

9. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I'll bet a nickel that Kim will die from the virus when she is sniffing coke in the bathroom of CTU. Seriously. Because we know that the virus is involved with drugs, and we know how incredibly smart Kim is.

10. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

the "usual dross".

Right on!

Does anybody who has enjoyed 24 actually watch Alias?

11. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    well isnt this year 4 of the presidency of palmer?
    season 2 was 1 year later and this is 3 years after that.

so maybe he'll go out a super hero of sorts.