What's new

24: Season 3, Hows it looking so far? :) (1 Viewer)

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Season 3 won't appear here in the UK till February:frowning: . I don't want to read the other threads due to heavy spoilers. I'd appreciate if occasionally fans could post here and let me know the general quality of the Season, plot lines, guest stars etc. I just need a little taste to get me through till Feb!:D

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Season 3 is lookin' SO GOOD! (Esoteric reference). It has been good so far. My main problem with it is that all the potential that was seen in the Season 2 finale, (The guy on the boat, the Naked Mandy org.) without giving too much away, has been very sloppily handled. Other than that the Season has had it's fair share of twists and turns but it's very hard to judge seeing as only 5 hours have passed. The season isn't really about what it's about right now. In short, this season has been considerably less great than the previous 2 but I'm sure things will pick up.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I'm digging it, a lot. I've just got no idea where it's going to go after next week's Episode 6 - the first episode set a very early deadline, and the rest of the "day" seems wide open.

Joel C

Screenwriter
eason 3 is lookin' SO GOOD! (Esoteric reference).
Not that esoteric, a'ight? ARROWED!

Anyway, season 3 is, for me, pretty boring. I work Tuesdays and tape it, and it's the last show I watch from that night. I only stay interested by doing something else at the same time. It's a letdown, as seasons 1 & 2, even when they were stupid, were still entertaining. This... not so much. The Kingpin-level villains don't help (not sure if they showed that overseas).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Season three is more interesting but perhaps a bit more soap opera-like than previous seasons. So far I'd rate the seasons in this order:

1. Season One, the best
2. Season Three, looking good
3. Season Two, mountain lion

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
They still manage to create at least one tense moment per episode, but I agree that S3 is less interesting so far than the other two. I think the main problem right now is that not one but TWO of the storylines feel superfluous.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Just finished season two today; I was a huge fan of season one, but I was unable to keep up with the following season due to school. A friend of mine told me that, while it wasn't up to par with the first one, it was still good tv. I would have to disagree - I firmly believe season two is better then its predecessor.

Mainly, I found the first half of season one to be absolutely spectacular, but the last half to be very uneven. Yes, the season finale was fantastic, but many episodes before that seemed weak.

However, season two (minus all the elements with Kim), were terrific! I thought the plot was very cohesive, and was entertained all the way. Some fans were upset that the show didn't spend more time on Nina, but I'm glad they didn't because her appearance was a way to add more tension, not to tie up more unnecessary plot threads. Also, the appearance of another character who was featured early on in the series, who shows up in season two's final entry, was just there to give long time fans a jolt, and nothing more. Either way, this show is absolutely fantastic, and is a worthy successor to FOX's other genre favorite, The X-Files.

I was unable to watch season three again due to school, but I hear that its much different in tone and structure to the previous two, and I think this is a great thing. Setting the next day 3 years ahead gives the writers more to play with, and makes for a more entertaining experience. I frankly can't wait for the next boxed set...

Craig: Mclaren

Second Unit
Any updates would be appreciated. Looks like it will begin transmission here in the UK within the next 4 or 5 weeks. :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks