What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 8 - 12/17/02 (1 Viewer)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Whining? She's a 19-year-old girl who, despite one horrifically bad day a year ago, has in the past eight hours discovered that one of her employers has been assaulting his wife and daughter, been told that there's a nuclear bomb in the city where she lives, found the body of her other employer in the trunk of a car, and been detained for her murder! I mean, really, how many of us would doing as well as her?
Granted, but she knows her dad is working to try and stop a nuclear bomb from obliterating Los Angeles.

You'd think she'd be bright enough to realize that Daddy's too busy to come and bail her out of jail right now.

If he was smart, he'd let her stay there until he's solved the crisis, it would at least keep her out of trouble and out of his hair for a few hours.

Thanks for reminding me she's 19. The writers keep making me think she's 12.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Jodee about Kim. When Kim was whining on the phone to her dad that she wanted him to come, not some other CTU agent, I couldn't believe it. She knows a bit about what her dad does. She should realize the magnitude of the situation.

Also Jodee, it was the PI who originally reported Reza. He told the girl that he'd reported it and to act like nothing was going on. CTU hasn't had much time to investigate Reza and the Warners.

I kind of wonder about the PI that showed up at her house. Wasn't it convenient that her contact was gone? I couldn't help but notice how they showed his gun. Makes me wonder if the feds tapped her line and redirected the call in case they thought she might do more investigating on her own.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Plus he was on an airplane and on the other line with the CTU translator of Nina & the terrorist.

I couldn't believe how Kim kept saying "Dad, are you there?" every time he asked what the terrorsit guy was saying. I know teenage girls can be incredibly self-absorbed, but she was just being ridiculous. I wanted to strangle her.

Also Jodee, it was the PI who originally reported Reza. He told the girl that he'd reported it and to act like nothing was going on. CTU hasn't had much time to investigate Reza and the Warners.
I couldn't recall what Tony said before he went over there but I don't remember him saying anything about a PI tip so I wasn't sure. I thought maybe they uncovered that lead on their own and that one daughter was just being dramatic thinking she had led CTU to Reza and her Dad. It does seem funny that some PI could discover a link to a terrorist while we have a whole organization devoted to doing that. You would have think after 9/11 happened, CTU would have already discovered this.

I thought that maybe they were just following up all known leads about that one terorist guy after they found out he was involved and that's how they ended up at the Warner's house that day.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
It's gonna be a long 3 weeks. This show can take any turn. There's no way to predict what's going to happen. I can't believe they let the reporter out--who'd they say did that?

Kim needs to "chut" the f* up.

Nina might not know anything--I could see that.

What if she ends up spilling the location of the bomb, but the guy in the truck just ended up leaving it there where they had the flat instead of taking it to the location? That should cause a lot of trouble. Jack kills Nina for lying about the location, when she really wasn't. That could be some drama.

This is better than any rollercoaster. Awesome show. Awesome.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
but the guy in the truck just ended up leaving it there where they had the flat instead of taking it to the location?
No, that guy already started the truck and drove off in one of the smaller quarter screens, so he is going somewhere, plus they had a flat tire but stopped again somewhere else when the sensitive driver pulled over.
I hope no one messes with my Nina, she deserves to outdo everyone and live!
Eujin is being especially nasty towards her wanting to cut her limbs off Fargo style. :eek:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The thing is, Kim's not a teen anymore, so I guess she really is just stupid and immature.

But the fact that we hate her so much is a credit to the writing and the actress.

That scene with Jack on the phone with all those people at once was just genious. Moments like that are what I watch this show for.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Eujin is being especially nasty towards her wanting to cut her limbs off Fargo style.
:D I'm not being extra nasty to our Nina--I just think that's what I would do in Jack's position. He can't kill her because of the executive pardon given to her by David Palmer (Palmer for President 2004!) But there's nothing to stop him from multiple amputations ;) Given how he shot and killed a guy he'd just met that morning and then proceeded to cut his head off and carry it around in a gym bag, I'd expect him to want to do much worse to the woman who betrayed him and killed his wife.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
I kind of wonder about the PI that showed up at her house. Wasn't it convenient that her contact was gone? I couldn't help but notice how they showed his gun. Makes me wonder if the feds tapped her line and redirected the call in case they thought she might do more investigating on her own.
No, because if they did that, he conveniently wouldn't have found anything on the computer. Instead, he found effective corroboration of Bob Warner's story that he works for the CIA. Beyond that, I suspect that the locations in that file are important, unbeknownst to Kate and the PI...

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Did the kidnappers ever take away the PI's gun? I forget exactly what happened there.
Two walked from the alleyway leading to around their house, and 1 or 2 more from the other side, the big black guy hit PI in the head, he fell down, the other guy grabbed Kate and holding her mouth stuck a big needle in her neck, she stopped screaming, a truck backed up, doors opened, another one was inside, Kate was handed to him, he dropped her to the floor, meanwhile PI guy was trying to get up and the black guy smashed his head again, knocking him out, two of them then droped him into the truck next to Kate, face down.
They didn't get his gun but as the preview for next episode showed, they'll take everything off of him and maybe some of him too. :eek:

Dan M~

Second Unit
Hey 24'ers,
Assuming Jack and Nina find some way to live through the plane wreck...
Palmer pardoned Nina for her past crimes. No body ever asked to be pardoned from any future crimes. Now she has murdered someone. Jack does not have to let her go. Think about it.:D
Also, Kim's endeavors have only been taking a few minutes out of the show for the past few weeks. Very secondary stuff. I'm sure they are saving her for something BIG at the end of the "Day".
Enjoy speculating for the next few weeks...
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Great episode. Yes the PI, Koplin, was Mikey Palmice in Sopranos. Looks a lot different with the flat-top haircut.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Palmer pardoned Nina for her past crimes. No body ever asked to be pardoned from any future crimes. Now she has murdered someone. Jack does not have to let her go. Think about it.
I think it's a complete, unconditional pardon/deal that if she helps defuse the situation with the nuke she will be deported, no matter what, so she knows she can kill this guy just like that, she's so great. :D

Dan M~

Second Unit
So Nina could now kill Palmer and walk away... I don't think so. Pardons are for past crimes. Never heard of one that gives you a "Get Out Of Jail" for the rest of your life clause. Maybe someone that has taped the episodes can go back a review what wording was used concerning the pardon.
But who cares, Jack will wack her or she'll escape to only show up again next season... my money is on the later.;)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Jack will wack her or she'll escape to only show up again next season... my money is on the later.
Nah, I'd imagine she'll wind up dead, dead, dead. If you don't kill your villains, the hero eventually looks ineffectual, which is not how they want Jack to appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks