What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 8 - 12/17/02 (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
This episode is a heart attack! I mean all I can say is...it just doesn't let up!

More twists...more turns...and back again!

What is most startling is that real life mirrors this show....more than you can imagine!

Who'd of thought a street game of hoops could have an impact?

Turns out there are more spooks in the house!

Credit cards and girls...so unpredictable!

And the VERY ending..the VERY last moment do NOT take your eyes off the TV!!!!!!! You do..you miss an impact that VERY few modes of entertainment achieve!!!! I mean it..do not even blink!!!!!

Enjoy!

James T

Screenwriter
You would kinda expect the credit card to be used to slice someone's neck, just who's? It would have been funny if Nina used it to slice the webbing on the guy's hand. That would be painful.

So a three week wait? What an ending...but three weeks?

Any guesses on the ending?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I know, 3 weeks...thats an aweful long time to wait!
Of course the ending is obvious. They find the bomb and save the day :)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, pretty obvious that she was going to use it for that purpose; when she was talking at great length with Faheed, it was obvious who was gonna get the necktie, too.

I really don't get the Kim sub-plot. It's annoying at best.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Just saw the episode--what a ride!!! 3 WEEKS!!!!! Aaaarrggghhhh!!! This is pure torture. Ok, so I think all the pieces have fallen into place now. Here's my theory:
The CIA-NSA are behind the whole thing. Stanton is one of them, as is Bob Warner. The terrorists think they're acting on their own, but the CIA-NSA used Bob Warner as a go-between to hid their involvement. The whole objective is to discredit David Palmer and manufacture a war against middle eastern countries that they believe have funded terrorists in the past and will continue to do so in the future. It was Stanton who let Ron Wheeland out, in order to discredit Sherry--and she'll actually turn out to be a good guy this season. Only the CIA-NSA could have had the resources to shoot down the helicopter carrying the Ambassador, Jack's plane and put together the wet team that took Kate Warner. Oh, and for the record, I still think there is NO BOMB--or at least not one that would really go off.
That said, I hope I'm completely wrong and that this is just what we're supposed to think for the next 3 weeks. ;)
God, I love this show.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
OK, since no one else has said it yet, I'll say it:
KIM, you dumb f***ing cow! Why can't you keep your mouth shut!

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Ok but how do you account forthe terrorists making the bomb in the warehouse, and Mason getting sick at the same time

Dont forget we all thought the ending of last season wasJack, Teri, and Kim living happily ever after
but that turned out the complete opposite. As for the Kim subplot, I think there's more to it than lets on. I mean, who are the people Garry is dealing with, and why kill his wife that same day

Also my theory isthere is more to the bomb plot than we think, such as I think its a diversion from something much bigger,
but who knows.

By the way, the last 5 minutes of the show (from 3PM -4PM) are solid proof why this is the best show on TV.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
This wasn't a good episode of "23" ^^. But it was a damn good episode of 24. Why the three week wait, I don't want to watch "When Sitcoms Attack IV" in it place!

Just hope something good comes out of Kim...she seems to be a bit bone headed and pointless to the grand story.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Holy S**T....
I didn't see the Sneak Attack on Big Sis and Private Dick coming at all (until I saw the burly men walking into the shot:)).
I also didn't see that ending! Again, HOLY S**T!!!!!!
3 damn weeks! It's pure torture:frowning:!

James T

Screenwriter
I like Eujin's theory. The complete opposite of what viewers will expect, just the way the writer's want.

Palmer to me is the Superman on 24. He is very by the book and only bends the rules if it means saving the lives of others.

If Season two of 24 takes place after 9/11, then it'll make sense. Palmer probably did nothing to retaliate, so his own government is forcing him to retaliate when a bomb is gonna blow off a chunk of LA.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
the terrorists making the bomb in the warehouse, and Mason getting sick at the same time

That's a very good question. The simple answer is that Mason did, indeed, inhale plutonium. However...

The terrorists only think they were making a nuclear bomb. Yes, they probably have the materials but I think it would have been easy to lead them down the wrong technical path or give them a tweaked "recipe" that would not actually detonate.

Bottom line is, the threat is real enough for Palmer and Co. to believe it and act on it--and they have, haven't they? I mean the only real "evidence" came from torturing the info out of some guy in Korea and the presence of radioactive material at the warehouse site that Mason was at.

How about this question: does anyone think that Nina really got any info out of Faheen before she slashed his throat? Or did she just do that to make Jack think that she's now the keeper of the bomb's location? All we know is that he mentioned a name, Marco Hashemi...And who was the intermediary between her and Faheen? Ah...I just love Tuesdays.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The Best Show on TV! Hands down! The ending made me actually go: "HOLY SH@T!!!" I don't know if it was because what had happened or the fact I won't be seeing 24 for another 3 weeks!

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
My theory isthat yes, there is a conspiracy by the intelliegence community to overthrow or at least discredit in someway the Palmer Admin. I think the kidnapping of the girl and her detective friend may be an attempt to find out what her father knows, or something like that. As for the bomb, it is likely that it will be put in place to distract from the real story. Don't forget, the guy being tortured at the beginning said a bomb was going off today. No one there indicated where it was going off. He could have been referring to the CTU bomb. That may have been why that guy (forgot his name) has been acting liek a jerk and being secretive, and didn't want CTU evacuated i nthe first place. The nuke may be a diversion to keep people and resources occupied while a much larger plot is being planned. Although, who were those guys in the ice cream truck, the ones who shot each other? Also, why go to so much trouble to make a nuclear bomb if it isn't going to be used in the first place as a strike weapon?

My my, how the plot thickens.

But also, what is going to happen now that Jack's plane looks like its going to crash, with him and Nina (who cliams to know the bombs location) on board. It seems doubtful it was shot down, and more likely a bomb was on their. Probably planted when it was at the airport, or by someone working for the FBI. I keep thinking its the intelligence community, because all of the agencies, CTU excluded, have done nothing but offer resistence to the Palmer Admin. and cause confusion suspicions among everyone. Don't forget what Sherry said, "there are people in Palmer's Admin. wroking against him." I certainly would not discredit this statement.

Someone should give Oliver Stone a call perhaps he did a secret draft of the script

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to believe in the coup
scenerio, as there are still a lot of episodes to go, although I am NOT complaining! :emoji_thumbsup: I loved it the way they had me hanging on Jack's words and then BANG! 21 days and counting! Happy holidays all!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It seems doubtful it was shot down
There was that missile-like sound before the explosion.
What I want to know is where have those guys been driving around all this time? As opposed to everyone getting around town too quickly, those guys could have made it to San Francisco by now :)
The "double-trouble" with those guys certainly caught me by surprise.
The writers sure know how to stack a cliffhanger!
//Ken

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Holy crap! This is the BEST episode of 24 up to now, just incredible. So much happened!
The stupid terrorists get a flat tire and then kill each other leaving the third one, hope he's gona deliver the bomb where needed. This is how 2 year multi-million dollar mass terrorist bombings get screwed up, by knuckleheads like that.
Bob Warner says he's a CIA informant, which may or may not be true, and might support that idea that someone at the CIA and pentagon is trying to trigger a war for their own personal business.
The 4-way phone conversation with Kim whining and Jack trying to get translations of what Nina is talking about, that was intense.
Sudden kidnapping of Kate and that guy Koplin that for some reason to me looks like the guy Jack killed in the car along with the other 2 terrorists after bombing CTU.
Jack finally talking to about his wife with Nina, I love her eyes, so beautiful and expressive.
The plain's engine or something exploding, like they were hit by something, maybe just an explosion.
That guy Armus is up to something releasing the reporter who, along with Kim telling the cop, will now ensure that it spreads and creates panic.
Loved how Mason jumped onto Reza and pinned him to the wall in front of everyone in the CTU.
But the best part is of course the great Nina Myers tricking Faheen into finally revealing what she coldly, victoriously says "Everything" and slitting his throat with a sharp edge of that calling card. Bravo!
:D Thus ensuring that she is useful and has something to give demands with. She's so great I love her, my role model.
Now we gotta wait 3 weeks, as the preview for next episode said, not 4, so I suppose the new episode WILL be on January 7th, not 14th as previously stated. Good, just Christmass and New Years, 24th and 31st are skipped then.
That's 8 episodes so far, twice that to go! I don't know... there is enough stuff here to fill 10 good series and we're only third way through, wow!
But it's gona get even better ahead as the 30 second preview shows as the plane is falling, some other blondish 50ish guy shaking Nina with a gun to her neck saying "Do one last good goddamn thing with your life" which probably means they think they're gona crash and die and so at least could tell the info via cell phone.
Also, no one can find Armus who is probably working for someone else, there is one of the traitors.
Bob Warner together with Reza in interogation room saying "Shut up before you say something you're gona regret" and some shouting, pushing, and Reza being led out says "I'm not taking a fall for you Bob."
Kate in some big bathroom/showers looking place where there is a naked guy tied up with his hands up and another in goggles and a plastic suit with an electrical cutter getting ready to do something nasty, and some other Arab looking guy holding her saying "you didn't see anything" and her screaming "Don't do this!"
Then a shot of a plummeting plane and Jack screaming on the phone "We're going down, we're not gona make it!" and then static, showing faces of Tony Almeida and George Mason all disturbed and worried.

How's THAT for a big chance to beat this episode, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks