What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 5 - 11/26/02 (1 Viewer)

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
I liked how last season there seemed to be no cheapness to it. Split screens were utilized well, not too many plot points that felt like time wasters
Are we forgetting that Sen Palmer had, like, 15 heart-to-heart talks with his son in that freaking hotel room in a matter of 10 hours. And the son tape recording the meeting with the campaign donor, and the secretary seduction? That crap was brutal!

This season the stakes are higher, millions of innocent lives vs. the lives of the Bauers and one Pres canidate.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Along with most of you I’m really tired of stupid Kim, not yet being able to figure out that not following Dad’s directions leads to disaster. And I’m equally tired of Dad still believing that his daughter will someday actually follow a direction. I figure that her inability to follow even the simplest, most obvious direction is inherited. As somewhat of an aside, my wife and I thought about clicking the stopwatch when Jack told Kim about the bomb, so we could determine how long it would take to spill the beans, but by the time we got around to thinking about that, it was already too late.

At least we can look forward (as has already been suggested) to panic in the streets.

And as for the dumb bride and family subplot, it’s fairly obvious that the bridegroom is being set up, while the father is dirty. I imagine that this subplot will make sense down the road, but why did they have to hire such excruciatingly bad actors as the father, older sister, younger sister and future husband. And the agent barring standing at the doorway, managed to equal their acting, even though he only had a couple of lines.

Of course to be fair to these actors, the writing of this subplot so far is really bad also.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
First off - What's with the Buffy Spoilers? As someone who is watching the show on DVD - and therefore not caught up to current episodes, I find it offensive. Can't we keep the Buffy Spoilers over at Buffytastic - or at least warn when they are coming? I appreciate that there was a spoiler tag used on the first one - but there was little indication that it was a Buffy spoiler and not a 24 spoiler. Please be considerate.

Regarding the show - I'm still very pleased with it. I recognize that this season has a slower pace. I don't know if this is to appease viewers who were put off by the frantic nature of Day 1, or if there are other motivations. It is not unwelcome to me though. I loved season 1 and it's pacing, but surely - even with a nuclear threat - there are going to be quieter times than others. I'm willing to bet that there will be little downtime after Nina spills her beans.

I'm also sure that Nina won't make it to deportation. Jack will kill her. Not until she's outlived her usefullness though. Perhaps in a heretofore nonexistent 3rd season, she could be required again but, alas, dead.

I'm glad that the show hasn't lost it's ability to do whatever it wants whenever it wants. There was a lot of press about Sara Gilbert joining the cast of 24, and she doesn't make it to episode 6. This is one of the reasons I love the show. Can you count on Jack and Palmer themselves living through the day? More than likely, but not completely assured. Anyone else? No.

Love it. Can't wait until next week.

Question for weekly watchers from season 1: Does Fox split the season (reruns, hiatus) or run all 24 weekly until the finale?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
There will be a few pre-emptions - I wouldn't be terribly surprised by a couple 2-hour American Idol specials, for instance - but no in-season reruns. For the most part, the show will run straight through. It's somewhat ironic, but Fox's deal with MLB actually helps 24 by compressing the season - the start of November to the end of May is about 7 months, so they only have to spread 4-6 pre-emptions around.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Like others, I found my self yelling at Jack last night not to tell Kim about the bomb. I'm not going to say that the Kim subplot detracts from the overall quality of the show, but it reduces what I would consider the surprise factor. In other words, there's never any suspense or surprises in the scenes around Kim -- I always think of the dumbest thing a person could do and I assume that will be Kim's course of action. With the exception of when she fled the house at the start of the 9 o'clock hour, it's been one dumb decision after another for our favorite daughter.

I still find the show exciting and don't mind the basic concepts of the Kim subplot. Everything else contines to thrill and entertain. I was especially stunned last night when the Ambassador's chopper went down (never saw that one coming) and enjoyed Jack blackmailing Mason for what might be the last time.

Finally, this isn't a complaint, but is anyone else amused that almost everything in LA is within a 15 minute drive of CTU but it's been five hours and Mike Novak, who I assume is now chief of staff, still hasn't arrived at the Ops Center?

Sheldon C

Second Unit
I am very surprised that some people don't like this season. I can't remember ever being so hooked on a show before (other than maybe the Sopranos, and of course Seinfeld in a different way).
I watched the very first show in season 1 and it just didn't grab me, so I didn't tune in again until the first show of season two. I gotta tell you, that show was so much better than the premier of the first season. When Jack whipped out a gun and immediately shot the scumbag right in the heart I knew this was a show like no other.
So did season one vastly improve after the first episode? I'm not saying I didn't like it, I just never made that mental note of where I needed to be every Tuesday at 8:00 like I do now. :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I saw a commercial for tomorrow night's episode, and I saw a certain female character we all learned to REALLY hate, especially in the end of the first series, making her return (not Nina).

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It is well worth the cost and effort to watch season 1 of 24. I've told many people that they need to watch 4 episodes to truly get hooked. Those that listenned were very happy that they did.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Nice to see that episode discussions are carried out on this board as well, I've been using UK's TheDVDForums.com.
Well anyway, I loved this episode.
Nina :D Nina :D Nina :D Nina!
/chant
I saw a commercial for tomorrow night's episode, and I saw a certain female character we all learned to REALLY hate, especially in the end of the first series, making her return (not Nina).
Of course not Nina, we LOVE Nina. Well, I certainly do! She was, btw, voted the most favorite character in numerous online polls. Guess Palmer's snaky ex-wife then.
A 30 second preview of the next episode, which airs tomorrow already, was all about Jack interrogating Nina, and she says something with a smile that pisses him off, I sure hope writers realize she's the most important character in this series and don't let Jack kill her! :eek:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
When Kate tells Reza about the gov't agents. How stupid. If he were a bad guy he could get the upper hand or take off. Why didn't she just say "Hey Reza, can you come out front for a minute, my father needs you for something"? Also, while the father seems like a bad guy, this may be too obvious. Someone said it may be the daughter getting married, Marie. Maybe she used Reza to make the contacts with the arab mentioned.
On Nina, everyone's gotta know that if they give her what she wants now, after it's all over she'll be tracked down and whacked. Palmer as much as said so.
On the Iraqi's, if Palmer's people really think they are involved, the gov't should take the Iraqi ambassador and all Iraqi Diplomatic personnel in CONUS and lock them in a hotel in Los Angeles. :)
I really thought they'd have done that for the meeting with Palmer and Palmer would be video-conferenced in.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
No, why would Reza run, THAT would be stupid and obvious. He's got nothing to be afraid off, no proof, just a little lead. We'll see how interrogation goes in under 6 hours when 13-14:00 airs.
And once/if Nina is out, no President, even of US, will be able to track her. About whacking HER? She'll as soon "whack" the damn president :D You just don't mess with Yelena!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
It wouldn't be the President. A CIA operative will be engaged to take her out, I'm sure.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Umm. If they want to write Kim out and give her a show of her own - I'll watch. In the meantime, I'll confine my bathroom breaks till the time when she is not on!

I watch very little series TV, but this silly show has me hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks