What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 24 - 5/20/03 Finale (1 Viewer)

Douglas*A*R

Stunt Coordinator
I've read that in season 3...
Jack will be performing a mission in a mid-east country and that George Mason (the guy who flew the nuke-laden plane) will be seen in playbacks of tapes that have something to do with the objective.

As far as the season 2 finale, I thought it was fantastic. I was hoping that Sheri would catch a .308 in the brain pan, though. Also, I don't think that the president was infected with a bio-agent since that would infect everyone around him, including Naked Mandy. I'm thinking a blister agent, given how his hand looked.

I'm still real dubious of Kate, though especially with the vague conversation she had with her sister in the Hannibal Lecter suite.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Call me a nerd. I just ordered an "FBI" style CTU shirt for myself and a CTU hat for my father from the Fox Store.

Man, I really never have a problem with the ladies....until they come over to my place and see my Star Wars figures and my fictional government agency T-shirt.

Douglas*A*R

Stunt Coordinator

The DigitalBits Rumor Mill has Season 2 coming out on September 2nd. That'll probably give people a few weeks to watch the DVD's before the 3rd season starts, and it'll probably seem like a single double-long season when watched in that manner, instead of the obvious one year break between the first and second seasons.

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
As much as I liked the episode, with the very unique "sound" overlaying the timer counting to 8:00:00, I must say I was a little annoyed when:

Jack was stuck in the Suburban after the accident. Supposedly, he was couldn't get out because the seatbelt release had jammed. Rather than spend all that time pleading with Sherry to help him cut the belt, wouldn't it have been much faster to simply pull enough slack out so that he could lift the belt over his head? I dunno, but for a highly trained CTU agent, he seemed a little too easily defeated by a stuck seatbelf. Just lift it over yourself, silly!

But other than that, I rather enjoyed it. Although on a whole, I still much more enjoyed Season 1 as opposed to Season 2. Then again, I watched Season 1 non-stop on DVD for 4 days, so it felt like a much more continuous story. Watching only an hour per week as in Season 2 really decreases the tension.

Here's to Season 3!

Joel C

Screenwriter
I don't know why we are still doing spoiler space, but those things can jam up and make it basically impossible to get any slack... it's the "auto-lock" in case of a collision.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
It's a good thing Palmer didn't let the VP and half the cabinet go; we'd be in a worse pickle than Bartlett on The West Wing.

Too bad we didn't see Carrie get what's coming to her.

Jack's off-the-wall move was great! He sure was able to get to that sniper quickly....

//Ken

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
they added a heartbeat sound during the fade out which denoted pretty clearly that Palmer's heart stopped.
The beat was constant and just stopped at 8:00, just like the usual tick-tock does. He might be dead; I wouldn't be surprised if the writers haven't even decided yet.

Interesting that they did not credit Mia Kirshner, even at the end. When the Cigarette Smoking Man or Krycek made their surprise appearances on The X-Files, although they were wisely not credited at the beginning, they did get mentioned at the end.

//Ken

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Enjoyed the finale and thought things were wrapped up nicely, if a bit too conveniently. I'd like a moratorium in all TV and movie drama on someone getting shot just as they go to shoot someone (Kingsley, Marie). It's used too much. It was obvious that the SWAT guys would show up just at the right moment.

Anyway, my jaw was also scrapping off the ground when the woman from Season 1 Episode 1 showed up in the crowd.

It would be nice for Season 3 to have Jack chase the bad guys to Europe for a change of scenery. But this could present problems. I mean, how does Kim end up wandering around Europe by herself? Do they even have cougars? :)

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I wasn't crazy about the end of the year ending like that, how about some closure with a tease to set up next year? But I guess I didn't mind as much last year when Jack's wife got knocked off because she was getting annoying, but Damn I like Palmer. Oh well, no one is safe on 24.

But they can resume in a variety of ways next year, a new pres, fully recovered Jack, new mission etc..

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Jack stuck in the seatbelt due to 'auto-lock' in case of a collision is one thing...but then he told Sherrie to get the knife out of the glove compartment. There's not a man, woman, or monkey alive today who can't reach the glovebox from the driver's seat. WEAK! I loved the rest of it, though. Funny how last season was 24 hours of trying to stop the assassination of Palmer, then he's offed with about a 20 minute plot by the bad guys in this one.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
I wasn't crazy about the end of the year ending like that, how about some closure with a tease to set up next year?
Exactly! I wanted closure, just like the season 1 finale. Overall, I liked season 1 better. This season has been all over the map, with the Kim subplot being the worst offender. Jack was even more of a bad-ass this season, which I enjoyed. Ditto for Sherry Palmer, someone you love to hate. But, c'mon, not giving the audience a real closure after this long is torture.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Remember, at the end of the First Season, there was no guarantee that there would be a second season so it's understandable for the finale to be more wrapped up. With Season Two they knew there would be a Season Three so they felt more comfortable ending with a cliffhanger like Alias and many, many other shows in TV history. And they did have closure on the main story they simply set up the next one and wonderfully I might add.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
Should I go to the Polls section and ask which is better: Kim running or Mandy the assassin going down the stairs?:D

Don't you guys think we can take the spoiler tags off? Anybody who is in this thread should have seen the episode by now.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
There has to be someone high up in the Government in on this thing b/c who edited the Palmer-Stanton torture tape? But who? The VP and everyone else fell right back in line after the truth was revealed and were going to resign. Could they be in on it even if they would of been fired?

Palmer was right for getting rid of Mike.

Kim looked good in that shirt and jacket.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
Here's what the official site says about the fate of President Palmer:

After reaching his limo, Palmer looks down at his right hand. The flesh on it has been eaten away. His breath is shortened and he falls to the ground. The crowd panics as the Secret Service agents scan the scene with their guns. Palmer gasps for air helplessly.

No mention of death. I think too many people are writing off the President as dead, just because his heartbeat stopped with the timer. I just watched it again (mostly to see Mandy go down the stairs), and the only reason his heartbeat stopped is because the timer stopped. Had they had the timer go for a tick without a heartbeat, I would agree, but that didn't happen.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Interestingly inept secret service - they're so busy flanking his fallen body that no one is even trying to get him into the limo to a hospital.

There is bound to be plenty of videotape of Palmer shaking hands, given that this was a media event, so there will be plenty of video of Mandy's face for CTU to track her down.

Poor Palmer, has no palm now.

Pic courtesy of www.mia-kirshner.com

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed this season more than season 1. I loved the ending.

I'm gonna have to be geeky and buy that CTU hat. :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Next season is going to be very intresting. The season does not have to start the next day. It could start a week or two later to give jack time to recover a bit. We dont know if palmer died or not but it would be something if the show started out at his funeral and then cut to Jack and Tony in europe blowing some baddies away :)

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks