What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 24 - 5/20/03 Finale (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
7 a.m. to 8 a.m.

So we finally come full circle. Just 23 hours ago, Jack was down and out in LA, with very little to live for, he's disconnected from his old life, and there's little joy in his current life.

Now, he's physically down and out in LA, but having endured one of the longest days of his life: having come face to face with his wife's killer, surviving a plane crash, protecting her from gunfire, was prepared to sacrifice himself to detonate a nuke in the desert, got bumped out of the plane and had to run for cover from the nuclear detonation, got capture and tortured, having to deal with Kim's idiocy, having to chase an idiot audio hacker around the rooftops, and then having to get in cahoots with Lady MacPalmer to stop the US from launching an offensive that will surely land the US in what could possibly be the start of World War III.

How will things turn out? Tune in for the season finale tonight!

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I JUST got done watching this! And let me tell you....

It's gonna be a LONG summer!!!!!

Coupla teasers:

Family reunion..where's the dip and the Psycho/English Berlitz dictionary?

NEVER wear pumps in a stadium!

Seat belts...threat or menace?

Public appearances...whoda' thought?!?!?!?!

Enjoy!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
That was close. I almost highlighted it.

I'm super pumped for tonight. This better not let me down.

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Not spoilers at all....surprised the block went up. Teasers that don't really give away anything..that being said...

I give it about an 8.5

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I just highlighted the first line - confirms what many suspected - form, not content, related. And all I have to say is
Those Bastards!!!
;)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Patrick, you forgot to mention that Jack actually died for a little while. This guy has been through a lot in one day!

Jay W

Supporting Actor
That was pretty nuts,

The ending really did redeem the season in some sense, I didn't think it would be so cut and dried in resolving the whole Kingsley/Recordings business. I was hopeful that Nina might make an appearance - maybe they are saving that for next season. Nonetheless, nice to see some connection between last season and this at the end - wonder how deep it runs. I kinda picked Sherry's redemption, pity since she was so good at being so hated :). Palmer better be back next season!. As much as the ending had a huge 'WOW' factor, it's a little strange that after all that intricate planning and setup the final straw would be assisinating the president in broad daylight (albeit somewhat elegantly) - seems a little contrived.

Ahh, all over and a long time to wait - definately not as gripping and free flowing as last season, but highly entertaining nonetheless.

Oh, and Jack sure is handy with that rifle huh? :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the whole point of having the President assassinated at the end instead of having that as the original plan was that they wanted to embarass him and show he was a bad leader, but then they failed at that and decided to kill him. I'm wondering if this stuff is still tied into the bad guys from season 1, which would mean that Nina would most definitely be back.
Great finale.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay, this is nutty because:

Is this supposed to get the US to start another war? How else do these evil folks profit from killing off the President?

But, whoa, I could watch Mia Kirshner walk down a flight a step all day long.

The rest of the resolution was okay, but too bad Marie is so bitter and so unforthcoming.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
As much as everyone hates how the previews spoil some stuff in the upcoming episodes, I was praying for a preview at the end of this one. I wanted to hear "next season on 24". Things keep getting tied together in all sorts of ways. Cant see what happens next season and

captHow sweet would it be for them to do something in europe.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Crappy AICN spoiled Mandy in the crowd. Still surprised

Did anyone else see Jack's little off the wall (literally) stunt at the stadium? Jack Bauer Power Hour moment

WillG

Senior HTF Member
SPOILERS AHEAD

So All you fan boys (you know who you are) Got your wish. I said it wouldn't happen in a earlier post so I guess I'm dumb. Still I'm a bit surpried at the ease of which the events of the final minutes took place. What do you suppose that was? Also, you got to feel a bit bad for Mike since everyone else got pardoned. I even joked "except for you, Mike" before it happened

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
So do we know who the grey haired fellow was at the restaurant? Seems like he has an inside connection to know what happened as it did.

Re the ending
What kind of assassination plan is it that depends on getting that close to the target? Just too convenient for me to believe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks