What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 23 - 5/13/03 (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
On the chopper leaving...

Explain to me why the helicopter didn't just bring Jack in. That way, they could have locked him up and kept him from discovering the truth about the fake recordings...

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I can hardly wait until next week. Man, it feels good to have a TV-show to look forward to like this, hasn't happened in years and years.
Couldn't agree more. The Sopranos is the only show that I truly "MUST SEE" every week other than 24, but the continuing storyline of 24 makes it integral to see each episode (plus, you know that HBO is going to rerun the same episode of Sopranos 20 times that week). I can't remember the last show where I would get so excited to sit in front of the TV (and even think about it all week!). Perhaps the very first season of "Survivor." That was back when there were no other shows like it, and it was so novel. Even then, it just got worse for me. "24" manages to get better in my mind. I don't think that they will ever recapture the magic of last year's season, but it matters not. Season 1 was one of the finest seasons of any TV show that I have ever seen from top to bottom, and it would be impossible to recapture that (perfect blend of tension, surprise, emotion, action, and novelty). However, my love for 24 does not wane.

God, I love this show. Counting the "Beep...beep...beep's" to myself until next Tuesday!

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
But the folks at CTU now have the hacker's program so can prove how the Cyprus audio was faked. Odd that Michelle didn't tell anyone.
I don't believe Michelle actually downloaded the program. She was controlling the computer remotely while assisting Jack to create an audio template. I assumed that this futuristic program was just too enormous to upload from the apartment or else that would have been the first thing Jack would have tried.

Great episode! :emoji_thumbsup: I also wonder how in the world they're going to tie up all the loose ends (I feel like I'm watching the Sopranos and another couple subplots just appeared on the horizon - just as we near the end of the season. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Still, quite an entertaining hour of television! :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Chapelle said he didn't want to waste anymore resources on Jack, and just wanted the chopper back ASAP.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the show was great last night but am going to have a hard time seeing how this will be resolved in one more hour.

I don't mind if some of these storylines are carried over next season ( like a '24-a couple days later'), but for goodness sake it had better not be the next day!

One of my coworkers and I are always joking that no one has yawned yet or said 'I need a nap' !!!

Jason

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Chapelle doesn't want to waste anymore resources on Jack Bauer - the guy who saved Palmer's life, the guy who discovered the nuke and got it out of the city before it killed millions of people, the guy who gave up his life (or would have) and flew the plane with the bomb to safety, the guy who captured Nina, the guy who uncovered the Coral Snake connection, the guy who caught Ali, the guy who, etc., etc.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Chappelle is just going where the political winds are blowing, and for the meantime, they are blowing in Prescott's direction. Chappelle is a weasel in this respect.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I agree Wayne.

I also wonder how this show will be wrapped up in the final hour and there better not be a cliffhanger cause it will piss me off.

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Chappelle is just going where the political winds are blowing, and for the meantime, they are blowing in Prescott's direction. Chappelle is a weasel in this respect.
You can call him "Chappelle", but to me he will always be "Monsignor Jughead" :)

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I don't see a cliffhanger ending. Firstly, if they continue next season, they can't start a new story at 9am so they would have to drag this scenario out for another 24 hours. Then it would be 48, These people need some sleep.Secondly, if DVD sales are a factor, I think people would be ticked buying season two and having no ending.

I think they can do it. Grab Kingsley, bring him to CTU, reunite with Kim and Kate, call off the bombers - assuming Jack wakes up!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
What they could do is end this season on a cliffhanger and have the next one pick up a week later or something. Is there an unwritten rule that says they must have the next season either be a stand-alone story or continue right after this one ends?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there is any chance there won't be some sort of cliffhanger or lack or resolution. You can't resolve every situation they are in during the next 44 minutes (hour).

I think the coup will remain unresolved, as will Division's control of CTU. I think Kingsly will be killed.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I noticed that too, but I'm not 100% sure that's correct. Didn't he tell her about his dead wife while they were on the rooftop outside the mosque? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Elliot, on the contrary. Kate is not acting weird - Kim is.

Kim is seriously deranged and paranoid at this point. As she was riding in the car at the end, listening to Kate tell her about her mom, you could practically see Kim thinking "how does she know about my mom? she must have been involved in kidnapping and killing her!"

Chances are strong that Kim will shoot and kill Kate.

I sincerely hope not, but you remember how in the 24 world, women are typically either evil or misguided.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Chapelle said he didn't want to waste anymore resources on Jack, and just wanted the chopper back ASAP.
That makes no sense. The chopper was already there, so no more resources were required. I find it inconceivable that Chapelle would decline to bring in and take control of a rogue agent whose actions have become a thorn in his side, especially at a time when bringing him in could not have been more convenient or opportunistic.

Does Chapelle honestly think his agenda won't be compromised - or will be even better served - by leaving Jack out there to do whatever he wants to do?

Again, that makes no sense. Either there's something I'm missing, or Chapelle's an idiot.

Good episode. Poor Tony & Michelle. They both have an abiding interest in doing the right thing, no matter the cost. Kari, on the other hand, is apparently making wise choices in furthering her career at CTU. Which kind of person would you want working in your government's local CTU branch?

Steven K

Supporting Actor
think that Kate is against Kim and Jack.
This doesn't make sense...

Why would Kate have gone through so much effort to bring down Sa'ed Ali? Why would Sa'ed Ali want to have her killed? If Kate is "against" Jack (and Kim), then it has nothing to do with the conspiracy.

Also, the trailer for next week clearly shows
Marie Warner yelling at Kate from inside of an interrogation room.
So, obviously, Marie and Kate aren't in this together (not to mention that Marie wanted to kill Kate several episodes back, at the airport).

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I thought that Kim was acting weird too but the dead wife thing was starting to make me rethink that scene. It's funny how Kim finally got a brain and started asking the right questions like why would my dad send someone he just met to get me? Where the hell was her brain all season anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks