What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 23 - 5/13/03 (1 Viewer)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, I don't see how everyone that deserves a comeuppance -- like Carrie -- will get it in the next hour. It's kind of cruel to ratchet up the tension hour after hour, and then tell everyone to take the summer off :)

I guess someone forgot to call the cops to get the one that was clobbered/killed at the house. Of course, Jack and Michell have been understandably busy.

And whatshername that got knifed, she should have backed out of the room instead of going for that hug. Impressive breasts, though.

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's just me, but Kate creeped the hell out of me when she went to go pick up Kim. And then their car ride to CTU was also unsettling as well.

Having Alex the audio hacker die was a major groaner.

Too bad Sherri is still alive with a frikkin' flesh wound. These hackers make for crapper stabbers.

Was that girl with Kingsley supposed to be Mandy from last season? It was a different actress if it was.

Can't wait for Palmer to bust Mike down to mailroom clerk.

Will Jack's heart survive long enough to get the job done.

I was proud of Tony and Michelle. Carrie is turning into the busybody from hell.

MarcVH

Second Unit
They had to make sure the bad guy kill a loyal assistant, both to show that he's tying up loose ends before leaving, and to make sure the audience realizes how bad he is. I think that's the first cliche they teach in action writing.

The next one is to take the two hot women and make sure you have a scene with them together, which we've now seen here. Now we just need them to get into an accident which leaves them both running away from a tiger or something.

John Watson

Screenwriter
CCTU thats good! If Jack lets one more guy get away, and then tells him he's the guy's last chance not to be killed, and the guy dies, I think he should be forced into retirement after this is all over. He and Kimbo and the new girlfriend Kate can settle down somewhere, and just bond.

I mean, how much sympathy are we supposed to have for all this incompetence, just cause he had a near (well, actual) death experience just an hour or two ago?

Kingsley is still sounding Sloanish. (How come no one in the government seems to know of him? Is he in the Bilderberg Group?) Maybe Palmer's lawyer will turn up something. It would be hard to believe there was not some connection between Kingsley and his partner on the boat, and the legal coup that has Palmer on the sidelines.

As for Kingsleys' personal life, the way he looks, the gal Friday he knifed should have been of more value to him, than more dirty oil money. Enjoy yourself, before its too late, Pete!

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
that episode was fantastic. I think I've been the lone Kim fan here ... though I must admit I'm glad Kim finally got some cojones- err, did that come out right? :D

Musings/Predictions about next hour:

Between Jack's ailing heart, the dozen bodyguards/snipers around Peter Kingsly, the lack of backup and any natural disasters the writers feel like throwing into hour 24, things do not look good for our hero.

After the last few frames, I thought there was zero chance of Jack surviving. Remember how brutal last season's climax was? With Kate and Kim safe (everyone see Marie warning Kate in the preview? That was soo cool :D), the only wildcards are Jack surviving and the U.S. avoiding war.

On the other hand, all this gradual tension building has to go someplace- and us loyal viewers are owed one hell of a major payoff.

Here's hoping it doesn't disappoint!:D

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
It was a good episode, but it had the pace of one that should be four or five before the final. As a penultimate episode it was pretty poor. Either we're going to get a cliffhanger (groan) or an unconvincing rabbit out of the hat (Star Trek reset switch).

But the folks at CTU now have the hacker's program so can prove how the Cyprus audio was faked. Odd that Michelle didn't tell anyone.

So who can save the day? Well, either Michelle (if the priest listens), Nina (if, for whatever ludicrous reason, she does have a chip in her back), or Lynn (if she recovers and manages to relay the "evidence"). I don't know where Jack was driving to, but surely Peter Kingsley is very far away from LA. Still, in 24 time, no doubt they'll have a face-off next episode.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My question is, who here remembers Jack telling Kate about his wife being killed? I don't recall it, and if he didn't, how did Kate know about it?

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
That's was I was wondering Stephen, and it seemed to set the gears turning in Kim's head.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Really enjoyed last night's episode and am also wondering if they can wrap it up next week. Will not be happy with a cliffy.

Did anyone notice that they searched both holding rooms for Chapelle but didn't trip over Bob Warner? Isn't he still around?

I also noticed that the graphic of the planes showed them flying between Italy and Greece when they were supposed to be over Turkey. Did they really think nobody would notice these bombers? Haven't they heard of radar? Or are they suppose to be stealth planes?

Also funny that Mrs. Palmer's bodyguard is still KOed after two hours, or that it took Kate 43 minutes to get to Kim in the same area of town. Maybe there was someone else in that bubblebath. :)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
What i hope for is when sherry said to jack "you cant do it yourself" that somehow tony and michelle break out and help jack out. maybe both get in on some gun fight action :)

capt

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
The scenes from next week reminded me of Hannibal Lecter with Sister Marie doing her best impression in the jail cell.

I think what this show does best is change things up in a hurry and I have no doubt they will give closure to this years events. I would not be happy if they left this season in a cliffhanger, the whole damn year is a cliffhanger, time to pay off audience for a year of faithful viewing in the last episode.

There were no teases of Nina next week, which means they may have her up her sleave after all.

I have to believe Kate is next years love interest and not a bad guy. But then again this is 24.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kate just seemed too calm when she was trying to convince Kim to lower her gun and come with her. Why didn't Kate call Jack and have Jack confirm Kate's creds? Perhaps the scene is just played out to keep the audience guessing...

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I have a question about last night from an operational standpoint - the phone call from Palmer to the Turkish P.M. They spotted the planes, so what did Palmer tell them? We're on our way to bomb a bunch of your neighbours? And they're sure Turkey won't tell? Isn't it possible some of these countries are Turkish allies? I mean, aren't some of them suppose to be American allies?

Also, why would it matter if the planes were diverted over enemy territory? Don't they have to fly over enemy territory to drop their bombs? And what if the planes were taken out? Wouldn't Palmer rather sacrifice a few pilots to save thousands of civilians and avoid a war?

I just didn't get the whole point of that - unless the Turkish thing comes back into play. Even if Jack catches Kingsley, how is he going to stop the planes? (That's retorical, I'm not looking for an answer yet).

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
While I can understand the strategy of "dragging out" the basic story over the last few hours to get the "American Idol" audience to stick with the show the last couple of months, I am concerned about making this thing a cliffhanger at the end.

I will be really ticked if "24" becomes "48"...

The cool thing about the first season is that it all started and was all wrapped in the 24-hour timeframe.

That didn't make me any less interested in seeing Season 2.

If the story remains largely unresolved after next week, does it mean that the producers have strayed from the premise behind the show? Yes, the show attempts to do things in real time in 24 hours, which is what has made the show a rather unique offering.

If the events are strung out until next season, aren't we basically seeing "25" or "26" or "27"...etc.

I am glad the show continues and is thriving, but there needs to be resolution.

I don't mind saying that I have become somewhat disillusioned by the "cliffhanger" ending to seasons over the years.

I recall "Magnum P.I." in the 80s when the show was struggling against "The Cosby Show"...creators thought the show was going to be cancelled, so they had a scenario where Magnum went to heaven.

It turns out CBS moved the show to Wednesdays, the ratings grew again, and they had to say that Magnum was in a coma, but woke up.

The same thing happened with the show "Dallas" and the "Who Shot J.R.?" storyline. Writers made it so that J.R. wasn't shot, and the previous season had all been a dream.

In many cases...when a show returns from a cliffhanger...the resolution after 4 months can be lacking.

It is a gimmick to get people to tune in for the debut in the fall.

To be honest, "24" is a show that makes we want to tune in. I need no "hook" from the previous season. I want to tune in that first hour to see what is going to happen in the upcoming season.

My prediction is that "24" will become "48". I could be wrong and they may resolve things...but I don't think so.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting extremely bored with the gov't conspiracy thing. I don't think its well done at all. I think too much episode time is spent with the president and those boring characters. The way they are doing the gov't side its not even putting across any feelings of tension.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
What a bummer of an episode. I'm clearly in the minority here, but I would much rather have it be a cliffhanger season finale than everything neatly wrapped up.

It was heartbreaking when the chopper turned back.

Kate gave me the creeps too. I hope they're just playing up that angle to keep viewers guessing (or maybe it's just that we are so ued to Kim getting in trouble) and that she really is one of the good guys.

The government conspiracy still makes very little sense.

Nice to see that Jack suffers some repercussions from being dead. :) I have no idea how believable they are, but it creates some more tension in the scenes he's in now (as if that was needed, but still).

As for the next season, this is pure speculation from my side, but I'll put it in spoilers anyway:
What if they're setting us up for Jack's death in the season finale, and Tony taking over? Yes, they've said Jack is going to be back in season 3, but they could just be flat out lying as to not give away a major plot twist. I don't find it completely outside the realm of possibility. At the very least, they might let Jack fall into a coma or something.

I can hardly wait until next week. Man, it feels good to have a TV-show to look forward to like this, hasn't happened in years and years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks