What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 20 - 4/22/03 (1 Viewer)

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I dunno...asking the general viewing public to remember back to a character from the first couple of episodes from last year seems a bit of a stretch...

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Fox is lucky. They hooked me again. :) This episode was done very well.

I don't have a problem with suspension of belief. I DO have a problem with obvious plot 'tricks' and cliches that take me out of the story. That was the problem with the last few weeks' episodes. Tonight was innovative, and not too predictable. 100% turnaround as far as I'm concerned. I'm a fan again, I feel so special.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
That AICN spoiler pissed me off. "Spoiler" in one thing, the LAST 10 MINUTES OF THE SEASON is another entirely.
We must agree that there will be no discussion of the AICN spoiler, even in veiled terms, here.

Even spoilers that talk about it must, must, must give disclaimers that it is an ultra-show-ruining spoiler.

I don't want to know, and I don't want to figure it out based on chatter either.

Everyone promise?

Good.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Was that guy who was in charge of the guys torturing Jack in the first season? I never watched it so I don't know what significance he has.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Heeeere's Jack!!!! - The Shining

Hey, its Jumpin Jack Flash, and he's such a gas!!!! - Rolling Stones

Get back Jack, and do it again!!!! - Steely Dan

I've no idea what plot logic last week had you send the chip on with Michelle and Yussef, and make it wait on the corner, instead of sending it to CTU, or what lead you to get yourself captured, and lose so much time, and get Yussef killed, but Jack, all is forgiven, keep the good scripts coming!!!

PS As to who is behind the conspiracy to replace Palmer, a business cartel, the VP himself (tho he's more likely to be a front for some nefarious New World Order cult), or some vast RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY, I'll tune in same time, next week...

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
I've no idea what plot logic last week had you send the chip on with Michelle and Yussef, and make it wait on the corner, instead of sending it to CTU, or what lead you to get yourself captured, and lose so much time, and get Yussef killed, but Jack, all is forgiven, keep the good scripts coming!!!
Jack's instructions to KATE and Yusuf were "meet me at such-and-such. If I'm not there in 15 minutes, get it to CTU." I'm not sure a) why they hung around as long as they did, and b) why Jack would assume they hadn't gone to CTU after he didn't make the 15-minute window...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They didn't go because they wanted to be sure Jack wasn't coming, and Jack knew that Kate was Kim-like, so he went to see if they were still there.

Last night's episode brought life into the last few hours of the series, so I'm definitely gonna keep watching intensely.

I wonder how they'll wrap everything up in the last 4 hours.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Joe Szott:

If you have the FX channel on cable, they run encore presentations on the day before at 10.00 pm CST, and the day of at 4:00 pm CST.

They latter has saved me a lot of grief the last episode. Plus it's great having 2 hrs. of unseen 24 in the same day!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I thought he was great when the people beating up Jack, the guy on the phone tells the other guy, Jack's flatlining! :D

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
It bugged me a little that Jack told them to meet him and wait for 15 minutes considering that time is running out. It would have made more sense to just tell them to take the incredibly important chip to CTU where they can decode it. He could catch up later. The meeting bit was one of those things that writers do to set up more conflict and plot twists when you've got several hours of air time to fill. For me, Jack's character would not have done that.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Wayne, good point. It would have been much more realistic if he told them "get this to CTU as fast as you can and have Michelle start decoding it".

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Happened upon an old Sopranos last night on HBO and I noticed that the actor who plays Father Phil (the one hitting on Carmela and bringing over DVD's to watch at Tony's)is the same actor who portrays Chappelle. Don't know if that's been mentioned (or if anyone cares :))

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Saw the same episode last night and couldn't figure out where I've seen Father Phil before.

Good episode by the way

James T

Screenwriter
I only remember Chapelle from Panic Room. It's funny that he goes from a top ranked guy at CTU to just an officer in Panic Room.

I'm not sure about the AICN spoiler. I think they said that the guy who supplied the info was a first timer. If the info is true, shouldn't there be a little more than one person contributing?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks