What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 18 - 4/8/03 (1 Viewer)

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Marietta is within two hours by car of Fort Benning where Coral Snake and Col. Samuels are based. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but my initial thought last night was that there's some connection.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Big jeers to FOX for the promos to this week's show. Michelle Branch??? My wife who occassionally watches just shook her head at those ads. They are in NO way representative to the mood of this show.
It was a schmaltzy way up playing up the Jack/Kate budding relationship.

"If you want to
I can save you
I can take you away from here"

and so on...

I didn't really mind it too much because I really dig the song, anyway...

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I thought this was a great ep and the scenes in the Hospital were tense and terrific. I also thought these were the most watcheable Kim scenes all season, but for a second I thought that cop who took her away was part of this mysterious conspiracy and would cart her away as another Kidnap session. Palmer's hair seems to be getting greyer by the episode. I can't see Jack and Kate getting together until the last ep this season, but next year they are sure to be hooked up.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
When I say that it would be logical to assume that such riots against certain nationalities would occur, I say it with a heavy heart. It's sad to say that such things would probably happen.
I would say that it is not implausible. (And there have been bigger whoppers on the show.)

//Ken

Trenton McNeil

Second Unit
Jack has really needed a hottie for a long time. Since Kim is his daughter, that wouldn't be very appropriate, but Kate will do nicely. Nina did him a favor last season IMHO. His last wife was a real woof woof. :D

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I'm thinking that the paddles did knock the chip out and going back to the fact that Nina has a nice little scar on her back and has a chip too. I think Jack, somehow, figures this out and has to get back in touch with Nina.
Funny Jeff, I thought the same thing. Hope they bring back Nina. I'm sure Jack will take pleasure in ripping open her back to retrieve that extra chip.

Looks like they have wrapped up most of Kim's plotline. Unless she suddenly can find her way to Marietta. Maybe there's a plane in the US that hasn't left for a bombing run on the Middle East?

Saw/guessed the Miguel amputation comming from he start. Thought it would be both legs though. What exactly was his injury in the suburban?

I can buy the rioting already happening. It only takes one person to actually see the news. News like that spreads faster than the script to the next Star Wars movie.

Anyways, looks like next week hits another high point in intensity level. I'm back on the anticipation train.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I've asked before many times and never gotten an answer...WHERE IS NINA? Do we know? Is she still in custody? Has she escaped? I don't remember what the story is with her, they just sort of abandoned her some 10 hours ago.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Oh by the way, the phones --at least the one Jack and Usef had sounded like the Nextel Direct Connect. Anybody else with me on that?

Oh and apparently Nina is in custody somewhere in LA. Not sure where.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yeah, after the plane crash and that incident with the rifle, she was cuffed and placed on a plane to Los Angeles, where she's supposedly been for the past few hours, and she will be back as Sarah Clarke said about a week ago that scripts for the last 2 episodes have been written. I think she wouldn't be reading them/knowing about them if Nina wasn't involved.

I can't wait for her to do something nasty and look all sexy doing it. :D
If they kill her, I'll shave my head, become a monk, and not watch season 3. :frowning:

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info on Nina guys...I wasn't sure where they had left it with her (with all of those damn 3 week layoffs and such).

I had an interesting idea for next season of 24. What if, perhaps, next season was done "Memento style." How cool would it be if it were 24 hours, real time, but backwards? That would be a really interested way to re-hook viewers for next season. It sure would be interesting to see Kiefer die in the first episode :)

Any thoughts?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
How would you do it backwards, in 10-15 min intervals, or the whole episode in full time forward? Better in smaller intervals. Only throughout 8 months or so of that trick, it's gona mess most people up beyond any kind of recognition of what's going on by even a 10th episode cause they'll lose track. Remember that people are stupid and don't like intellectualy demanding movies or series.
It's a great idea though I don't know how it could be stretched out and would it be interesting.
There sure is a lot of movies coming out with that style, besides Irreversible there are at least 2 more in the pipeline.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Oh by the way, the phones --at least the one Jack and Usef had sounded like the Nextel Direct Connect. Anybody else with me on that?
I was getting a few laughs out of that conversation. Every time I would hear Usef's phone make that chirrping sound, I was waiting for a sniper to pick him off. I have a nextel and that annoying chirp is pretty loud and easy to zone in on. Even I know to keep it set to vibrate mode and I don't have to worry about someone shooting at me. At least not yet.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Last season started in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
OK, but wasn't it for less than a minute? Did they actually mention the time there? Because I thought they did mention the time in Korea this season, if only to establish midnight-to-midnight without having to actually do it again. Instead of staying up for 40 hours, Jack only stays up about 24.

//Ken

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I got out the Season 1 DVD and grabbed screen captures from the first moments of Episode 1, 12:00 - 1:00 a.m. Here they are:

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Maybe they just picked some unknown little place (which is what Marietta is to me) so as not to really piss off anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks