What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 16 - 3/25/03 (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Kiefer Sutherland plays the bad guy giving orders over the phone.

I wonder if he's on screen in the movie, or if we just hear his voice.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet.

Look at a broad outline of the direction "24" is taking:

A nuclear device brought in by terrorists explodes on US soil. The President and his advisors are convinced that a foreign government(s) is behind the device and are preparing a rapid retaliation. A lone intelligence agent named Jack believes this is not the case and races against time to find supporting evidence for his theory and convince the President not to start what could become World War III.

Ahem. I think we've seen this before, and quite recently to boot. I don't know about anyone else, but seeing "24" shamelessly borrow the plot from a recent hit movie (and best-selling novel) is the sum of all of my fears. ;)

Anyone else think Tom Clancy & his lawyers may be watching "24" with great interest these days?? ;)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I truly don't see the similarites between 24 and the sum of all fears.

cheers!

Josh

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone notice the interaction between Jake and Kate?
Does she have the hots for him??
Could this be a foreshadowing of a future plot twist for Jack and Kate??
It was written about leading up to this season that Sarah Wynter's character was to be a love interest for Jack.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know, the way things are going I'm sort of liking it more than the bomb plot. The nuke plot was a good idea at the start, but it got sort of stale after we'd see Jack and co chase down people and interrogate them over and over. I'm more partial to season 1 where Jack was in the dark about things for a long time trying to slowly get to the truth and his family--which is the way season 2 seems to be going.

The only big problem is the Kim plot. She ruins a otherwise good episode.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Well blow me down with a nuclear bomb. I missed that it was the missing spec ops guy on the phone asking for Kate. I do guess as others have that Kate will turn out to be naive to all of this, but she will be used as a tool to control her father. THis will work since her father knows she is the good one and fatherly pride will make him give up what the spec ops guy wants him to.

Why oh why couldn't the Latino guy have shot Kim? He was obviously suffering from a stress disorder, as many fathers to be are. ;) If she was gonna get killed, that was it. A rollover in a large SUV didn't do it.

I like to watch her run, but I am over it. I am starting the campaign now.

KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER. KILL KIM BAUER.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H

Huh?? The dude assassinated a special forces unit like 3 hours ago. How could that not be an important loose end for them to investigate? Seeing as how the special forces unit was involved in shooting down Jack's plane and with the bomb at the airfield.

Hmmm..I like the idea that Kate's dad is still somehow involved. AND, I love the mysterious Germany connection...let's hope Keitel uses a REALLY bad German accent.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
So I guess it was the long layoff that affected me and my excitement for this show. Probably also had a little to do with the war we're in.

Good episode to set up the rest of the season. It should be interesting and next week looks to get even better.

Kim has some sort of magnet for trouble. It's pretty crazy. If she comes back for day 3, she needs to be a "Sydney Bristow in training" type. Put the girl to work.

I also think that Nina will be involved again in the end.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Tony is getting on my nerves.
Die Kim Die!
Kate is looking hot, or is it just me?
Palmer needs to wake up and rent 7 Days in May !
And everyone needs to stop giving each other "suspicious" glances!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Umm. that guy was decidedly hispanic
Yeah -- makes you wonder how many people would make the same mistake....

That is one great case of workplace tension between the two ladies of CTU. Of course, the hand-held camera closeups and furtive glances help sell it.

//Ken

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I truly don't see the similarites between 24 and the sum of all fears.
OK, I was obviously half-kidding (hence the winkies). The details are very different. and I suspect in coming weeks it will get even more different.

But the plot outline I wrote applies to both SoaF and "24" (as it currently stands) quite nicely.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, but up until ONE hour ago their biggest problem was to find and safely detonate a nuclear bomb. Who killed those commandos wasn't a top invastigation priority since they found the bomb shortyly afterwards. And since the bomb detonated, Jack had what 30 minutes before he was contacted by this guy (although Jack doesn't know that, I guess). Like I said, it seems that other things are happening that they prioritize before finding the murderer of these by now rather unimportant dead commandos.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
but seeing "24" shamelessly borrow the plot from a recent hit movie (and best-selling novel) is the sum of all of my fears.
Just wait till next week when President Palmer is trying to throw his advisor out without a parachute -- "Get off of my plane!"

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Everybody who thinks Nina can prove where Sayed Ali was on that April day should remember that she was in prison at the time.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Well, my suspicions have been confirmed after this week's episode. Yes, there were some tense exciting moments, and most of Jack's scenes were pretty good. But there were just too many glaring faults with the plot. Where do I begin...

How about the presidential/political part of the story. Come on folks, in the real world we don't go to war with 3 countries because of one piece of evidence, no matter how convincing it may seem. You'd need corroborating evidence from other sources to confirm.

And even if you did have the evidence, we would not be declaring war on a nation for sponsoring a terrorist act less than 6 hours after the attack took place. For crying out loud, have the writers of this show been living under a rock for the last year? This is such dumb writing that it pretty much ruined the episode for me.

If it's going to take 8-10 weeks to get our troops into position, it would be pretty pointless to start the precision bombing now.

Then there's the grand old hollywood stereotype of the war-monger general with the itchy trigger finger who can't wait to attack. Lefties might like that portrayal, but it doesn't fit reality.

The estimates of losing tens of thousands of troops seem pretty pessimistic. Granted we're still in the early stages of the real war, but we've only had 20 casualties last time I checked, I really don't think that number is going to reach into the tens of thousands.

The Kim plot was stupid and predictable as usual, and to add insult to injury there weren't even any T&A shots. :)

And as much as I liked Jack's scenese for the most part, he should have told CTU and/or the President about the call he received from that commando guy. There was no reason for him not to, and it would make sense for him to have backup going into whatever's waiting for him.

All I can think of at this point, is that if they're going to drag this conspiracy/wwIII plot out for another 8 weeks, it's probably going to get even more absurd, even if they do manage to keep it from getting boring.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Attention Members,
Talks regarding the fictional war on "24" is no problem here, but please refrain from any live war comments. I know it's difficult, with the parallel circumstances.....

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
1. Also remember the other German connection from season 1, IIRC the plane that explodes near the beginning of the season was enroute from Berlin.

2. Regarding the hiatus, I had taped the episode from 3 weeks ago and watched that right before I watched this one.

3. I think there is a little difference in the store owner letting Kim in vs. the guy, and not really racism. For one thing, the guy actually came out to Kim first and asked if she was having a problem. She answered him fairly calmly and asked to use the bathroom. The guy was banging on the door and frantic right from the get-go. I can't believe that the hispanic guy, just because the cops were detaining his wife, went felony on the cops though. I think more realistically he would have walked out and allowed them to detain him, he would have explained the situation and I think by that time, the store owner would have told the cops it was just a misunderstanding and the guy was paying for his stuff. Also, I can't beleive Kim let him get the gun. She's ready to shoot Joe ElCamino last hour, but she doesn't stop this guy from grabbing the gun out of her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks