What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 10 - 01/14/03 (1 Viewer)

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Another Buffyverse veteran, Gavin, from Angel came into 24 tonight. And since we got Quentin (Stanton) earlier I'd say theres a decent chance someone on the 24 crew watches Buffy / Angel ;)
Very good ep tonight...its gonna be a long 3 weeks though...
JQ

James T

Screenwriter
BTW, where did Nina go?
I think she's written out for a bit to give a little time for the Kate/Jack relationship to develop. She'll be back before season's end, b/c remember Jack told her that little secret that no one could hear?

They should bring back Nina for the final episode just so Jack can saw off her head.

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone disappointed that the show sets up cliff-hangers regarding a certain character in a tough situation that makes you expect something interesting or clever to come from it only to see it be resolved easily in the next episode in the first five minutes?

For example, when Jack drugged the guy with the water bottle in the vehicle to show Nina that no one can save her, that left me thinking that he might go crazy on Nina trying to get more information/revenge. But in the next episode that entire cliff-hanger is thrown away because on the plane is a guy or two who have orders to protect Nina from Jack. Why set up that interesting cliff hanger then?

In last week's episode, Nina has a gun drawn at Bauer that leaves us thinking, "How in the world will Jack escape this?" At the very least, I thought he would be a hostage for the first half of the entire hour. Instead, he gets away in the first few minutes of the show. And, it's rather lame. He just walks away. I know Bauer has courage and a reason to do this, but geeez, that subplot with Nina and Jack had the potential for very good drama and dialogue.

I'm just annoyed this season with the cliff-hangers having us expect certain things to happen only to have them be resolved anti-climatically. It just seems now that the way each episode ends is less about continuing the storyline and the subplots and simply is just a ploy to get viewers to tune in every week.

I still like the show, always have, but I just don't like that this season. Anyone else feel the same?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Great episode!

Yes, Marie was suspect based on the "the one you least expect" formula, and last week's preview solidified that (couldn't really be anyone else after that). Still, I was surprised she shot Reza. The end literally had my heart pounding really hard.

I didn't think Sherry would be the bad guy, I honestly thought she tried to help Palmer. Great twist.

The Kim subplot needs a jumpstart. NOW. It's going nowhere. And yeah, I too was thinking "just stop the car". It really made no sense to keep driving. I wish they'd had done something else to cause the car to crash.

I'm glad they resolved the hostage situation with Nina the way they did. It made perfect sense.

I can't wait til next episode! Is it really 3 weeks?? Geez...

No... that's how cliffhangers always work.

/Mike

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Wow! That was SO great! I was suspicious of Sherry, but glad she didn't just turn nice all of a sudden. And Marie, yeah, her sister is just trying to find out things, her father is just helping a bit CIA who might have used his company however they wanted without his knowledge, Reza is just in the middle, and Marie is the real "bad" one in the Warner family, great. I loved how she shot Reza: "You're really so sweet", or something like that. Perfect! Now I have a blonde Nina to root for this season, finaly! :emoji_thumbsup: :D
It really made no sense to keep driving.
He just noticed the fire, first instinct is to put it out and before he could stop the car, there was a turn or something that put it out of control and then he was just trying to swerve and level it out, and it's hard with a SUV, even if you're not drunk and it's not raining.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode! It was pretty subtle but did anyone else think that Palmer noticed his ex was a little too fluent in the administration processes of a covert communications channel? I'll have to check that scene again :).
I think there is a good chance he is keeping a pretty close eye on her...the entire "I appreciate you being here" line could have been a way to get her to let her guard down a bit.
Very interesting.
OT

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
If I read David's expression correctly, he's actually quite suspicious of how "helpful" Sherry has become.

About the evil white family, perhaps they'd all planned to immediately leave en masse for a honeymoon somewhere, which would mean the bomb isn't going to go off until much later in the day
It wouldn't have to be everyone, just Marie. It's also possible that she doesn't know the whole plan.

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If Marie is working with the terrorists, you'd think Ali would recognize Kate, wouldn't you?

I'm more and more convinced that Kim is just there to fill up time.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I think that David knows about Sherry and is just keeping his poker face. I hope Mason survives till the last episode. Wouldn't it be cool if he was killed in the line of duty? I mean, it'd be like he was dying of natural causes and he wouldn't feel so wasted. Michelle and Nina working together? Could be.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
If Marie is working with the terrorists, you'd think Ali would recognize Kate, wouldn't you?
There's no indication that he doesn't. (She, of course, doesn't recognize him.) When she's kidnapped with the detective, it's pretty clear that they know exactly who they're looking for.

M.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
If Ali & Marie are close or if Ali knew anything about the Warner family's past, wouldn't Ali be suspicious that maybe Kate knows Arabic and therefore not speak it in front of her as a way to communicate secretly?

I too would love to know what Jack whispered to Neener. I can only imagine it was something like "you're irrelavent now - plan on dying soon."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Palmer is setting up Lady McPalmer up with his "hands on the shoulder" bit. He's not as dumb as he seems to be in some respects, and he does know his ex-wife well enough to notice that she's really too tied into the "network" to not have her own agenda.

She might be in cahoots with the money guys from Season 1.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't it be cool if he was killed in the line of duty?
He already has been killed in the line of duty. He just hasn't died yet. Very D.O.A.

Excellent episode. I can't beleive Kim though. The fire idea was ridiculous. She should serve time with her idiot boyfriend for that little stunt. When Jack stops the bomb from going off in L.A., what's going to stop his little girl from serving a few?

We've seen Marie coming for a while, but you'd think CTU would have had more protection for Reza and the CTU staff. Seems like the process was lacking there.

Jack will put 2 and 2 together fairly quickly. So will Marie, reluctantly. What of Dad Warner though? Where does he fit in exactly?

I don't watch the previews, so I didn't know that I'd be waiting 3 weeks for the next episode. What's that all about? We already had a 2 week break, 2 new episodes isn't enough for me. What's interrupting my show?

So Sherry is in cahoots with the NSA guy. But does anyone think she isn't willing to completely sell him out? I think if her plan were to work, she'd let him rot. She'll fail though, and they can hang out in jail together.

It would be fairly easy for some of these plot threads to carry over to next season. Who's to say that any of the smaller threads have to be solved. Say that Sherry is worked back into Palmer's life by 8am, they can deal with it "tomorrow", or whenever "the next day" is.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Yeah, Palmer knows that Lady Palmer is up to something, she gave info that she really never should of known a little too quick(the codes and the 4 digit sub code), and Palmer is all over it. She is going to get it good. I wasn't sure if she was going to be a bad character 2 years in a row but I guess she is. I hope Lynn and the guy with glasses are straight shooters.

All episode I was noticing how Michelle was dolled up and looking pretty and now I know why.

I wish I wouldn't watch the next weeks spoilers b/c once Marie showed up at the office I knew she was a bad girl from the tease they showed the previous week.

Kim is an idiot, Period.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Interesting episode, probably the weakest so far IMO though. The ending was pretty cool if not predictable (the Marie thing in particular, though I'm still curious as to how the pieces fall into place). As mentioned the scene where she offs Reza was pretty well done. 3 weeks - doh!
Sounds like season 3 - Kim's first 24 hours in jail...
hah!, reminds me of her scene in the cell from Season 1 :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Kim is an idiot, but we could still use more "Kim running at the screen" shots like the one right after the ambulance arrived at the crashed SUV.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Morgan, I agree. And she also needs to fall in the water somewhere and change clothes. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks