What's new

24 Season 2 Buyers Beware!! (1 Viewer)

Andy Anderson

Second Unit
Well--it's not life or death, but it'll save you some time and annoyance.

I went to my local small-business CD/DVD store and purcahsed Season 2 of 24. I drove home, opened it up, and noticed that there were 2 disc #2's and no disc #1. I went back with the receipt, and the helpful employee grabbed another off of the shelf. He opened it up to make sure disc 1 was in the new pack. Nope--another defective set. Hmmm... He grabbed the remaining 4 off of the shelf. We opened a 3rd--same problem. The 4th, however, had the proper complement of discs. Whew!

At any rate, looks like there might be a mis-sorted lot out there (I'm in Seattle.)

I did not play any of the discs from my first set, so I can't confirm if the actual disc is mislabeled, or if in packaging, there was a screw up.

Anyway, check your 24 Season 2 sets when you get out into the parking lot before you drive home--it may save you a trip!

Cheers,
Andy

WillG

Senior HTF Member
My Disc one was fine, but the booklet that came with the set somehow got un-naturally folded and now has a big ugly crease in it with more crinkling on the top

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Sorry about that Andy. Mine is all there; correct discs and everything, but I guess packing mistakes happen. Glad you got it sorted out.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
One thing I would like to mention about this set:

If you have not yet finished watching season 1 (as I have not) do NOT read the back of the box! The very first sentence contains several spoilers.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
NP here thank goodness!! I would have been very upset if that had been the case when I got home last night.

I popped the first disc in and managed to watch the first 4 episodes and wanted to watch more but this dam work thing is just getting in the way ;) !!

Actually so far its pretty good. It definitely got off to a slower start than Season 1 but its definitely rolling now!!

I have no idea how people actually manage to watch this on its first run (ie having to wait a week between episodes) because that would make me nuts!

Good Luck to all and Enjoy!!

Greg

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Greg,
The one week waits are nothing, it's when it goes off the air for 3 weeks that kills us. I watched season 1 on DVD and season 2 week by week with a couple buddies. Although I did like how I watched season 1 in 3 days, season 2 was neater because we all had our own ideas about who was going to do what and when they were going to do it. And we would agrue about out points endlessly until the next episode.

I look forward to watching the first 2 seasons again and hope that season 3 isn't a dissappointment (I've heard some discouraging things about it already.)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...do NOT read the back of the box! The very first sentence contains several spoilers.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why would they do that?
Well, maybe to read about special features? I tend to give a cursory read over the bock of the DVD boxes when I buy them.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I might just do that with Season 3. Not watch when it airs but buy the box set and watch it then. It'd be a little tough to hold off on watching it when it airs, but the payoff of getting to watch it for the first time, on DVD, over a few nights, would be worth it.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
(I've heard some discouraging things about it already.)
Wow, I hope that Season 3 pans out OK as it would be disappointing to see it do poorly!

I think the what I enjoy most about 24 is that not only did I love it when I saw it myself I just thoroughly enjoyed getting my sister and her husband, my inlaws, my mom, and my dad hooked on the show.

I gave them my set to watch and said here just watch the first episode and tell me what you think. Next thing you know they have watched 3 or 4 episodes and begging me tell them what was going to happen next!! I just laughed at them because they would rush home from work each night just so they had enough time to watch an episode or 2.

Anyway I will be rushing home tonight myself to watch disc 2. My goal is to watch a disc a night if I can (life is too busy right now to get in more than that each night).

Greg

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

Without giving away any spoilers, what discouraging things have you heard about Season 3? One of my biggest fears is that the show will "jump the shark" this season because it definitely hasn't done that in the first two years. Have you heard something to indicate this season will not be up to par?

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
The problem with Season 3 is that it's gonna be 24 episodes of Jack Bauer sleeping because everyone's been awake for 2 days straight! Dullsville.:D ;)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The only negative news about season 3 is that there was a badly edited ad for the show. I haven't heard any negative news about the actual episodes.

I have no idea how people actually manage to watch this on its first run (ie having to wait a week between episodes) because that would make me nuts!
Here in NZ, they showed season 2 twice a week. It did mean that we initially got the show about four months after the USA, but then we caught up very quickly (the final episode aired here about a week after the US.) Andwatching the show over three months is much better than over six months.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I HATE this show. It is depriving me of sleep and food all day today. I cannot stop watching it! AHHH!!! I dragged myself away long enough to post this...
MUST
RESIST
URGE
TO
WATCH
SHOW!

Ahh...I am weak. I am going back to watch more. I sat through seven straight episodes...I see no sleep tonight.

As for season 3, what I have read about the plot it sounds pretty damn cool to me. But that is just me:)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
WillG,

Exactly. If the ratings aren't there, the show does not survive and I definitely don't want that to happen to the best show on TV. Besides, I can't wait until September of next year to watch season 3 so I'll be watching on a week to week basis just like I did with season 2. I'm counting the days until the season premiere on 10/28.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there's no way I could go another year without watching just for the DVD. It's great to be able to watch as much or as little as you would like on DVD. It is torturous to wait as many as 3 weeks sometimes for the new episodes, but part of the joy is in the waiting and the speculating with others and the anticipation.

Besides the show needs ratings. The show enjoyed high enough rating last season to be considered a hit, but that could change. And now that the ratings are higher, part of me thinks it's a mistake for Fox to offer the DVDs so soon just for the reasons mentioned above (although the bigger part can't wait for the DVDs either)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Ratings? For all of you saying I should watch during the on-air run to help keep up the ratings, how does my watching help? I don't have a Neilsen box, I don't get calls for surveys on what I watch. Do you all get boxes and surveys? How the f do they know what I watch or not.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
It's just a blanket warning. Maybe some people who read this and was planning on just watching the DVDs does have a Nielson box

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks