1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

24 on wild fees

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay W., Nov 2, 2002.

1. Jay W.

Jay W. Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know when 24 is broadcasted on wild feeds on satelite? I dont get fox on dish and cant stand to watch another season on a crappy antenna.

2. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

Try rec.video.satellite.tvro at groups.google.com

3. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

I don't know what wild feeds is but last season 24 aired on monday nights of the next week on the FX channel. I watched OTA if I remembered but always tivo'd FX's 24 just in case. Will do the same this year if that is still true.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Dwight, wild feed is for people with 6ft satellite dishes. The networks send out their shows to Canadian affiliates and such usually around 2AM a day or 2 before the show is to air, and if you have the right equipment you can watch too [​IMG]

5. Ken Seeber

Ken Seeber Supporting Actor

I can't answer the question about wild feeds either, but the FX satellite/cable channel is repeating each episode of "24" twice this season. The first is Mondays at 11 p.m. Eastern time, then again Tuesdays, at something like 5 or 6 p.m., I don't remember exactly.

6. DwightK

DwightK Second Unit

So I could get a wild feed of the superbowl a day eary and bet in Vegas.... er... uummmm never mind.
    That sounds cool, I want a wild feed for my Directivo[​IMG]

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

8. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    And I got me one of them there big ass dishes...have since the early 80's. LOVE IT!

For the record 6' will not work well in most of the USA...need at least a 10 footer.

9. Wayne Bundrick

Wayne Bundrick Cinematographer

If wild feeds that are "prefeeds" of network programming aren't rare or nonexistent then someone at the network is being far too generous, as someone can record the feed directly to an MPEG file in his Kazaa folder and then Shazam! it's all over the Internet. Surely the network can provide the necessary descramblers to affiliates in the Great White North just the same as they do in the U.S.

And a wild feed and DirecTV are polar opposites.

10. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Best part is wild feeds have NO onscreen logos, and no commercials (just a few seconds of black in between segments where the commercial breaks go).

11. Dominik Droscher

Dominik Droscher Supporting Actor

Here is a list of wildfeeds and the airdates.

12. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

the other thing about the 10 foot dishes is their picture quality is fantastic on a good signal, makes DSS look like poo. if you live in an area without "neighborhood standards" restrictions against enormous dishes, then go for it. you also have to admit it's pretty high tech and cool to have a full sized dish sitting next to your house..

13. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter