What's new

24 on wild fees (1 Viewer)

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know when 24 is broadcasted on wild feeds on satelite? I dont get fox on dish and cant stand to watch another season on a crappy antenna.

DwightK

Second Unit
I don't know what wild feeds is but last season 24 aired on monday nights of the next week on the FX channel. I watched OTA if I remembered but always tivo'd FX's 24 just in case. Will do the same this year if that is still true.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dwight, wild feed is for people with 6ft satellite dishes. The networks send out their shows to Canadian affiliates and such usually around 2AM a day or 2 before the show is to air, and if you have the right equipment you can watch too :)

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I can't answer the question about wild feeds either, but the FX satellite/cable channel is repeating each episode of "24" twice this season. The first is Mondays at 11 p.m. Eastern time, then again Tuesdays, at something like 5 or 6 p.m., I don't remember exactly.

DwightK

Second Unit
So I could get a wild feed of the superbowl a day eary and bet in Vegas.... er... uummmm never mind.
That sounds cool, I want a wild feed for my Directivo:D

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
And I got me one of them there big ass dishes...have since the early 80's. LOVE IT!

For the record 6' will not work well in most of the USA...need at least a 10 footer.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
If wild feeds that are "prefeeds" of network programming aren't rare or nonexistent then someone at the network is being far too generous, as someone can record the feed directly to an MPEG file in his Kazaa folder and then Shazam! it's all over the Internet. Surely the network can provide the necessary descramblers to affiliates in the Great White North just the same as they do in the U.S.

And a wild feed and DirecTV are polar opposites.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Best part is wild feeds have NO onscreen logos, and no commercials (just a few seconds of black in between segments where the commercial breaks go).

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
the other thing about the 10 foot dishes is their picture quality is fantastic on a good signal, makes DSS look like poo. if you live in an area without "neighborhood standards" restrictions against enormous dishes, then go for it. you also have to admit it's pretty high tech and cool to have a full sized dish sitting next to your house..

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
If wild feeds that are "prefeeds" of network programming aren't rare or nonexistent then someone at the network is being far too generous, as someone can record the feed directly to an MPEG file in his Kazaa folder and then Shazam! it's all over the Internet.
I've heard that's exactly what's happening. But I don't know how widespread or problematic this is. These shows ending up on the internet happens anyway once the program hits the regular airwaves, and the lead time from a "wild" feed is negligible. The longest lead I've ever heard of is when Buffy the Vampire Slayer used to feed two and 1/2 days prior to the network broadcast (but only 1 & 1/2 days prior to Canadian broadcast).

I would think overnighting tapes to the appropriate venues might be cheaper than satellite time. Well, unless you own the satellite or something...

The complete irony of this is that the actual network feeds *are* sent in proprietary digital format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks