24" flat screen TV's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Hoffman, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Larry Hoffman

Larry Hoffman Stunt Coordinator

I'm helping my folks who are looking at one of the 24", non high definition, flat screen TV's.

They have a Toshiba 20" that is doing some weird colour changes and don't feel its worth it to spend a lot of money repairing it. A 24" will give them a nice size improvement without being too large for their small den.

Any one have any advice on which may be the best of this group? The Toshiba, JVC and Panasonic all look good. Are there any others worth looking into?

I'd appreciate your opinions.

Larry.

2. Gil D

Gil D Supporting Actor

Sony has a 24" in their FV series that you will want to take a look at also (KV24FV12 I think for $499). I went with the 27FS13 for a bedroom since with widescreen dvd viewing I thought the 24" too small for the viewing distance and it's only $50 more. The 27" also has the 16:9 vertical squeeze feature where the 24FV does not. The FV does have better sound and perhaps a better box appearance though.

Sony Wega had the best pic IMO but Panasonic Tau and Toshiba weren't that bad either. Almost forgot about my XGA DLP projector PQ when I was looking at those Wegas.