What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 22 - 5/11/04 (1 Viewer)

WallyB

Agent
About the cellphone, it sounded like the guard and Saunders were using Nextel phones. That would explain the walkie-talkie communications before she knocked the guy out.

I thought it would have been cool for her to talk trash to Saunders on the walkie-talkie. That would have really gotten to him.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

You think he'll get his security deposit back from the rental company? I mean, in theory it wasn't his fault it got blown up real good, he can blame it on those military jets.
Also, I hope some little kid doesn't find that gun Michelle did such a good job of hiding in the bushes.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

I'm not disputing that - I'm merely dubious that if you're hired to be a guard/nightwatchman and issued with a walkie-talkie you'd be allowed to carry around a mobile 'phone.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
It was a nextel style service they were using. The phone looked like one of the new Sanyo Sprint models, but the sound used when the henchman called Saunders sounded like the nextel phones when you use the walkie talkie function. It only makes sense to use a kinda all in one device if you are an evil overlord. It is more efficient.

I LOVED the play between Jack and Tony. Great drama there and tension. Tony calling Jack out on breaking the rules before, but with Tony the consequences are much higher though, as millions could die.

I cant wait to see how this all ends.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
True, but once you use a public network, you're opening yourself up to wiretapping, tracking... all that good stuff.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
It was weird that Michelle couldn't get a signal outside, but got one when she back in the tunnels. And she was smart to call Kim the second time after Chloe hung up on her! I mean, who did Chloe think it was? Is CTU listed in the yellow pages?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
THANK YOU!! Finally someone laying a little wood to Tony's backside. It straight out pisses me off that they are even trying to manufacture some tension over the abduction of Michelle [That's MY WIFE, man!!]. Didn't they shoot a senior officer in the fugging head just a few hours ago in the interest of the greater good? Now Michelle is more important than any other CTU member who is placing his/her life in danger, let alone the '100s of 1,000s' of lives at stake in the larger picture?
If I were Jack, I'd have put one between Tony's eyes as soon as he managed to cut him off in the SUV.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, that was Jack, and Jack's a borderline psychopath. It makes him good at his job, but how many friends do you think the guy has outside work, especially since Teri's death?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
It wasn't just Jack. Jack pulled the trigger, but the decision to sacrifice him came from ther Prez down, and Tony knew of it.
But he figures different rules apply for his wife.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Still, who else at CTU do you think would have been capable of actually pulling the trigger? I'm pretty sure most other people would have yelled at Saunders's goons that if they wanted Chapelle dead, they could do it themselves (and hoped they decided Chapelle was worth torturing for infromation, giving him a chance of survival).

Not to defend Tony - he clearly made the wrong call, especially when what actually happened was the logical plan from minute one.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

Yes, it was. And we've already had Vasquez on earlier this season. That's two cast members from Aliens(and Lethal Weapon 2 if you wanna count that movie as well). Maybe Private Hudson will turn up in the finale. ;)

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
But then he would not have been able to draw Saunders out into the open -- which of course worked (because that's the way the writers wanted it).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Saunders magical ability not to be shot... maybe everyone had been instructed not to actually shoot him? I mean there were like 30 military folks with semiautomatics firing directly at him but he was able to stand there immune?

DennyH

Grip
The writers really wimped out when they didnt have Saunders kidnap Kim instead of Michelle. I would have loved the tension when Saunders bartered Kim for his daughter. The double standard that PsychoJack keeps in his back pocket for special uses would have raised its ugly head. Never, not even for 100 million people, would Jack have killed Kim.
Its not even funny that Saunders went from a mastermind who had everything pre-planned to the bumbling idiot that drove up to the trap that was waiting on him under the bridge. Yet, in spite of all the terrible writing, I keep on watching. Who's the real idiot?
:D

David S

Stunt Coordinator
"Its not even funny that Saunders went from a mastermind who had everything pre-planned to the bumbling idiot that drove up to the trap that was waiting on him under the bridge".

Nah - he's a cocky sob who thought he could not be caught. You see this same "type" in tons of movies/shows. Think of the Bond bad guy types - they never think they will fail/get caught.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a little late with this comment, but it seems to me that Saunders on the verge on getting away with his plan and the only thing standing in his way is CTU holding his daughter. Since his daughter obviously holds value for him, he wants to personally oversee the exchange, albeit through tinted windows. After all, he's looking forward to the whole father-daughter reunion.

His "fatal" mistake was assuming that Tony is still operating outside of CTU.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Have you guys seen that Fox now has a weekly streaming video program called "Inside 24" on their website, with interviews of cast members?

I watched the one with "Stephen Saunders" (actor Paul Blackthorne) last night. It was pretty good. They leave it there until after the show each week when a new one appears. Next week's has Chloe (Mary Lynn Rajskub).

http://www.fox.com/24

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks