What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 22 - 5/11/04 (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
Well, the shit has hit the fan, Tony is on the lam, and there's only 3 hours left to put the worms back in the can.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Outstanding episode with great production values. With the Michelle virus-gambit, sending her back into the fire, the gun battle, and some air-to-air action, it was certainly an end-of-season spectacular and gives me hope we'll be ending with as big a bang as last season.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Agreed on the good production values. Some unintentional humor...JACK: I need you to go back in and get captured on the slim chance that Saunders will personally arrive at the exchange to watch the exchange take place, rather than let his thugs do it as would be more sensible. MICHELLE: Or you could just come over here, trace my cell phone signal. Oh, and I saw the address on the front door too. But ok, let's do it your way!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Yeah. There were probably like ten ways they could have got Saunders with the info location info that Michelle had.

But they got him.

Also, Boy, that Chloe gets creepier all the time.

How could Saunders not have had anyone watching that payphone?

Tony owes Jack an apology

Looks like next week they are going to attempt to drag Jane into the Hotel in front of Saunder's eyes. Also, looks like Tony could get a Treason charge. It looks like it could be the end for him

Should be cool

A very tense episode.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Great episode. Even though the Palmer stuff isn't related to the main virus plot, I do like him battling it out with Sherry.

Can't wait to see how it ends!

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
Great episode. I'm just afraid the the next two hours will be somewhat downhill after tonight's action-filled ending. The show's format doesn't require the writers to wrap up every loose thread but it seems like two hours isn't much time to wrap things up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was impressed by the F-18s coming in to blow that copter up. That was fun.

Chloe is so in love with Chase, it's ridiculous.

The Palmer subplot feels like it should be ominous, but it feels like a bad piece of political fiction.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Enjoyed the episode, but I'm not clear on why they didn't trace Michelle's cell and go to that location. How did Jack know that Saunders would come to the drop? And WHY did Saunders come to the drop? He looked shocked at the soldiers repelling off the bridge. And I'm also surprised he didn't have anyone watching the pay phone. Still, lots of cool action, and I'm glad Michelle survived.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I figure the reason was because, should Michelle have successfully escaped, Saunders would have relocated. It was my understanding that they didn't expect Saunders to be there but were instead going to track where the bodyguards go. However, when Saunders made an appearance, they have the troops ready to go.

Roger_R

Second Unit
I wonder how they can top this with the last two episodes, seems like all we can expect now is evidence-hiding and interrogation scenes...if not another villain pops up.
By the way, why was this episode about 2 and a half minute shorter than the others? Is Fox quietly trying to move down from 43 minutes episodes to 40 mins to squeeze more commercials into the hour?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
F-18s!

I don't think so, because before Jane Saunders ran back to CTU during the exchange, Jack kept saying, "I do not have a visual on Saunders!" as if he was expecting one.

Loved the tension during the hostage exchange. As corny as 24 gets, they still do that stuff real well.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

American Idol ran long. Hope they aren't starting this "off the clock" crap like NBC does.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
But they could have moved on that position while Michelle was running around and Saunders was chasing her.

I too wondered why the show didn't start until 9:03. I watch on Global Canada and they always start before FOX as American Idol tends to run over. But tonight they didn't.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

I guess you could tack it up to being a case of Jack knowing his enemy really well. This was played out more explicitly when he and Tony were arguing in front of the pay phone and Saunders called back to offer Tony a concession on the hostage situation, proving Jack right (as usual).

I would be interested to see Jack face a villain he is unfamiliar with next season.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I guess the batteries went dead on Saunders' little Game Boy handheld screen that showed him where people are. Otherwise he could have used it to see all the hiding agents at the exchange site.

Roger_R

Second Unit
"American Idol ran long. Hope they aren't starting this "off the clock" crap like NBC does." - So they cut some scenes from the episode then?

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I thought of this too. Saunders did get very careless all of a sudden. Writers use plot devices to help them out of situations, then chuck them when the next situation doesn't work with it.

Do you think Saunders was expecting to escape in the helicopter all along, or was it a backup plan in case he was flushed from the van?

Kelly W

Second Unit
For a moment there, I thought Saunders was going to escape at the last minute. If he HAD escaped, it would have been utterly ridiculous. I was ready to chuck the remote at the TV and never watch the show again. (Well, maybe..) :)

At any rate, I like that, this season, they haven't dragged out events artificially. The few moments that I thought would last for several episodes have been wrapped up quickly. For example, Chloe locked in the bay by Tony, Kim captured when impersonating the daughter, the escapee from the hotel, the death of Chapelle, etc.

In past seasons, they've carried these types of plot points on way too far, but not this year. This is why I think this season is the best yet. I hope Day 4 continues this trend.

-Kelly

Daniel De

Agent
So, on the Palmer Keeler thing. Since Keeler has evidence now, and did not turn it over to the authorities immediately, is he not an accomplis as well. I would think this puts him in a position that if he would say anything after waiting it would make him guilty as well.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks