What's new

24 : Day 3 - 5/4/04 - Hour 21 (1 Viewer)

John Watson

Screenwriter
Tony is on the horns of the traditional dilemma - try to save his wife, or milllions of innocent folks in the free world.

Only 3 more hours to come to a resolution, see justice for Sherry, and then retire the show with glory !

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Actually John, in case you werent aware 24 has been renewed for a 4th season.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Tony, Tony, we hardly knew you :frowning:

After the mess tonight, there is no way for glorious resolution.

They shoot horses don't they?

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Michelle seems ready to die. How do you think she'll react if she does get traded back safely to Tony, at the cost of millions of American lives? I'm sensing trouble in paradise for Tony, and maybe the president, from the look of things.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, it is looking bad for Tony, but remember, nothing that Tony did is something that Jack himself has not done before.

BTW, I'm glad that had that Graphic content warning to protect me from the 0 amount of graphic content.

James T

Screenwriter
So I guess this means Tony isn't getting that new job in Washington(? or wherever he said at hour 1)?

I'm having trouble remembering this. I remember in season one, he avoided orders to kill the president and avoided orders to kill Nina. In season two, he killed a guy, but it probably saved millions of lives, in the sacrifice of a couple dozen.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
In season two, Jack did sneak a Key witness (Kate Warner) out of CTU at the behest of a crimial element. Coicidentally, it was Tony who tried to stop Jack who ended up getting his ankle spained.

BTW, who did Jack "Sacrifice" in S2 to accomplish his mission (besides a dog)

James T

Screenwriter

I think I remember now. I forgot about that.

And the "I'm gonna need a hacksaw" is still the best Jack Bauer line.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Decent episode, but mostly filler. The bit with Sherry was a surprise though. This woman never ceases to amaze me with how low she'll sink to further her own career.

On a side note, one thing early in the episode caught me off-guard. Season 1 clearly established that Palmer was a Democrat. Which would mean Keeler's his Republican opponent, correct? So why would the AFL-CIO ever endorse the guy? They're the labor unions. They hate the GOP.

John Watson

Screenwriter
At least Chloe has been cleared again :D

How in hell will Sherry work for the new Pres - from her cell?

Too bad Kim didn't tell Jack that Michelle is awol, might have helped him to clue into Tony's breakdown.

The feeling I was getting that Saunder's daughter was actually part of his team, and he'd actually planned on her getting into CTU has been proven wrong.

But the story was way too messy - everytime Tony opens his mouth to patch another flimsy lie together, you know it's impossible for him to waltz out of CTU with Saunder's daughter, but he does.:frowning:

When Jack learns that Tony has gone, I wanted the scriptwriters have him say "I'm Surrounded by MORONS" :D

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
It was definitely a torridly moving episode. The Keeler/Sherry bit came from left field and brought the show to a grinding halt but at least it was short. (Did anyone noticed how they kept having the poster JOHN KE in the background with the "eler" chopped off?)

I like the direction the show has taken, getting away from simply the catch Saunders and control the virus angles. The show has always been about peoples' personal dilemmas interacting with their jobs with Jack and Palmer being the poster children! Now Tony gets to be a part of it.

Watching in Canada Global always overrides FOX but tonight they didn't for the first 15 minutes. I saw FOX's "warning" which Global didn't have. Is this normal? I don't think anyone even got killed tonight. Maybe it was the knife to the throat.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
Filler and mostly crap. NOTHING about the virus or the Chandler-Plaza motel. It's the Almeda Soap Opera Hour.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

I don't remember this, can the mob please verify? I've been wondering for years if they'd ever tell us. You see, I'm kind of a political geek, and I've wondered if they'd take the easy way out (African-American = Democrat) or be non-conformist and make him a Republican. Or, in the 24 universe, maybe Palmer is a Whig?

I did notice the "John Ke..." signs, thought to myself that the producers got lucky last summer, when laying out the character set for the year that they had picked "John Keeler (Keeling?)". At the time, in the real universe, a certain physician from Vermont seemed a shoe-in to be his party's nominee.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Palmer has ever been specifically mentioned as a democrat, but I think the Republicans have been mentioned as the opposing party (though I can't remember the context).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Could Chloe be the most unsympathetic and annoying character ever on TV this season? I was really hoping she'd be locked in for the last 3 hours in Tech 1.

I realize Michelle wants to live, but I guess she never thought to take one for the team and force Saunders to kill her, thus giving him no leverage at all. Oh wait, that would have killed the last few hours of cat-n-mouse games for the show.

Sherry Palmer has to go down in TV history as one diabolical villainess with absolutely no conscience. When will David finally wise up and put her out of her misery.

Jack showed good instincts sniffing out Tony's deceptions so quickly.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Especially after trying to get the suicide pills for everyone in the hotel. Still, even if she did have enough freedom of movement to do more than maybe scrape her face on the knife, she's smart enough to realize that her being dead effectively reduces the good guys' options, along with making the situation more unpredictable.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Or that Michelle was just so grateful not to have been infected that she wasn't going to give up living since she saw the effects of the virus up close and personal.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Did Michelle know the nature of the second phone call between Saunders and Tony? She did tell Tony not to make a deal against Saunders' orders but I don't think she knows the exact nature of the negotiations. It's a stretch to picture her leaning into the knife as a way to save the world.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I dunno, I think Michelle knows that she's being used not only to coerce Tony to be the mole in CTU, but to get Saunders's daughter back to him. Does she know that Tony was coerced to help Saunders escape, probably not. But without Michelle being used as a hostage, Saunders was cornered, dead to rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks