What's new

24: Day 3 - 4/6/04 - Hour 17 (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wow. What an episode.

So it looks like there is a connection between the Drazen assassination and the big bad. For being someone presumed dead, he sure has a large force in LA...and probably across the country.

Sucks to be Chapelle :)

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yeah and just as he was starting to become less insufferable. I knew he was going to be in danger. But we don't know for sure yet. Although, I think he is in trouble because the writers are surely going to want to deliver at least one more significant character death.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody else have a problem with MI-6 having a huge office in LA with absolutely no security? OK, maybe there was some, but two guys penetrated the place and must have started their work before the helicopter attack. Of course, this is 24.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I found it odd, to say the least. I could understand there being a few guys in the British Consulate (LA must have a consulate), but a full-fledged office seemed a bit much. The attack was also pretty conveniently timed.

Matt Goddard

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like we dropped all the incidental story lines tonight. Although I was disappointed Michelle didn't shoot anybody, this may have been the best episode of the season. If it wasn't, this week and last are definitely the best back-to-back hours of the season thus far.

On the subject of the MI6 office, the whole setup looked kind of temporary except for the fancy computer servers. Incidentally, if your priority is to blow up the servers, why do use such a long timer and put it inside the server? I know - it's 24. :D

James T

Screenwriter

That's pretty much how I felt about MI6. Other than that little bit, I thought it was a pretty decent episode. I haven't seen next week's preview, but I'm guessing Chapelle and co. find a way for him to survive the hour.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
??? Did we watch the same episode?

Loved it. This is what "24" is all about. All the extraneous baggage has been dumped, and the show seems to be back to its lean, mean former self. Let's hope they can keep it up for the final 7 hours.

Great scene between Michelle & Gael. Reiko Aylesworth has come into her own these past two episodes.

I'm starting to get that "hurry up next Tuesday" feeling again.

John Watson

Screenwriter
So a lone rogue is the BigBad. And revenge is the name of the game?

Yeah, Jack has the computer part he requires, which makes Saunder's Task force look incompetent given its vast resources :D

But as I recall, Jack has a bad record getting anything like that back to where it can be analysed or defused.

Did anyone think Michelle would shoot Gael? (btw does anyone really know how his name was spelled?)

Sad to see that they now think the virus kill-rate is 100%. I think we were hoping Michelle would be among the 10%.

If something doesn't break in the next half-hour, who will be picked to deliver Chappelle ? Chloe?

:)

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
That was the best episode of the season so far. No more idiotic filler subplots! And Jack can now shoot through walls! :D

I think the 10% referred to those who could escape infection, which might still include Michelle. Here's hoping both she and Chapelle make it. :)

[moan]Why can't Kim be at the hotel, and Chloe be good at tracing money?[/moan]

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Didn't Michelle say that some people are immune? Although I thought for a moment she was starting to bleed.

Another rip-snorting episode. Again, this feels like where the season should have started. No Kim, no Chloe, no Sherry, no baby, no soap opera.

Man, I love it when Michelle yells!

As for MI6, it does look like it was run by Johnny English and not James Bond. I'll cut them slack and say that the timer was placed to give them time to escape the blast.

Nice to see the reporters all awake and ready at 5:45am!

Palmer. Let's review. His girlfriend's ex-husband (who can ruin him) turns up dead and she's in the room. Another man (who can ruin him) turns up dead and his ex-wife is in the room. Now this. He's having a full day with little consequence so far.

Again, loved the episode but it's a bit frustrating to think that we had to wait this long to get to the main course.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I think this season is starting to pick up some action and make it more watchable but I'm not fully sucked in yet like from seasons past. And the demanding of Chapelle being killed positively reeks of a plot from season 1 when Jack was given the same orders regarding Nina. So will they continue down that path and we'll find later that Chapelle was a mole as well?

Espicially since it looks like next week.......
Jack will be the one to deliver Chapelle and have him starring down the barrel of his pistol.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What I meant by "fluffy" was that it seemed more like a setup episode/hour with little of consequence happening in my eyes. Yes, things developed (some of it of the "head-scratching" variety: MI6), but perhaps I'm getting ahead of the story, so I do look forward to the next hour.

The Palmer scenes just irks me for some reason, how does the US president get himself in these situations?

BTW, I caught Kiefer on the Tonight Show last night, he mentioned that "24"'s shooting schedule is 10.5 months, so it's tough to take on other projects during the downtime, so being able to do some voice work in an upcoming animated film made it possible to do it in small blocks of time while also shooting episodes for "24". Jay tried to get Kiefer to reveal something about the last 7 hours, and all Kiefer would say is that someone dies (grinning while he said it).

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Chappelle is good at following the money?

I found this comment pretty weak. Why would they be concerned at a low level CTU underling, and why concerned with finding the money trail?

Still not sure what the motivation of this terrorist is here.

Michelle is stealing the season, she has never looked or been better :emoji_thumbsup:

I hope she doesn't bite it.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
My prediction/guess for the final shot of the season:

Michelle survives the hotel and is somewhere with Tony, reflecting on the horror of the day [there's no way that a lot of bodies aren't coming out of that hotel -- at least there'd better not be some last-minute Dr. McCoy miracle cure!], when her nose starts to bleed. Both of them look horrified, and then we:

CUT TO THE CLOCK. END OF SEASON.

At least that's what I would do.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
This was the best episode since Season One.

I don't understand how testing everyone in the hotel serves any purpose when the people are still walking around a contaminated environment. So if a person is not infected when they swab them, they could very well get infected a few minutes later. It makes no sense. If they were trying to be real, every person would be getting washed down in a set-up clean room, their clothes discarded, their hair buzzed off, and from there moved into an isolated clean room or something. COurse maybe with 1,000 people that's not practical. But it still doesn't make sense.

I thought the guy chained up in the basement was going to spit blood into Michelle's face, to infect her, as revenge for her not shooting him.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
But isn't Michelle already infected? I thought they were trying to figure out who is immune (if anyone) and why - thus giving them ideas for a cure. You're right though, it is all a bit wishy-washy. And if someone is immune, do they get to leave?

I thought it strange that the guy Michelle shot had a wife. It seemed like he was going to run out and leave her, or maybe he assumed everyone would follow him.

I agree that the idea that the bad guy wants to kill Chapelle because he's afraid he'll uncover the money trail is strange.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought it was the best episode of the season. It definitely felt more like a season one episode, and it's just a shame that more of this season hasn't been as good as last night's episode.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit

No, everybody in the hotel was exposed to the virus... only 90% of those exposed will become infected. Bottom line is, if they're not already infected from it being in the air, they could get a facefull of the stuff (ala Gael) and still be fine.

Now my "whatever" moment from last night came when Jack was trying to get the disk drive out of the rack-mounted server-- by unscrewing it. Disk drives like that are all hot-swap, they pop right out using two fingers.

But hey--it's 24. ;)

aldamon

Second Unit

The agents are trying to maintain order. Testing everyone creates the illusion that something can and will be done for them. That's the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks