What's new

24: Day 3 - 4/20/04 - Hour 19 (2 Viewers)

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
This was a great episode. Instead of last year's "Tell me where the bomb is!" now Jack gets to say "Tell me where your father is!" :laugh:

DennyH

Grip
I'm sure I am in a minority here, but I am so sick of "Psycho Jack" taking the Constitution and ripping it into shreads for his own purposes. He can justify it in his mind anyway he wishes, but the way he treats people in the name of "getting the information he wants" is criminal. He has broken dozens of laws and last nites interogation of Jane was just one more. We are led to believe this young lady is guilty of no more than being the daughter of a criminal, but Jack is ready to torture and kill her just to get the answers he wants to hear.
The show should change its name next season to "24 Holes". The plot holes last nite were just more of the same that we've come to expect this entire season.
If Saunders had been real smart he would have had the President order Kim killed instead of the one man(Chappelle) who wasnt even likable. That would have shown Jacks REAL patriotism.
Off my box now.
DJ

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Is what Jack does criminal? Yes mostly it is, but damn is it fun to watch.

And for Jane, I wouldnt tell Saunders we are taking her to the hotel. I would tell Saunders that we will do whatever we want to her, Payback style. Just have Jack call Saunders and say"You ever hear the story of what I did to Said Ali's family? I can do worse!"

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

So when time is of the essence you don't think this is justified? Millions of people could die, but hey, let's not trample on anybody's rights?

Also, if you're not going to charge someone, I don't think providing them a lawyer is necessary. And someone can be held in prison for an undetermined amount of time if the government believes they have ties to terrorism. It may not seem constitutional, but it happens.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
It seems to me that Saunders could have taken Jane out of action temporarily so that CTU couldn't track her down. Send her a ticket to Mexico or somewhere and say that they're going to meet for a vacation. It's still odd that he needed to take out Chappelle because Chappelle may make the link to Jane. Could she really know where he is? I doubt it.

I think the producers felt that the audience wouldn't mind so much if Chappelle got taken out, although they threw in the "pill" thing to give him a touch of sympathy for the first time.

Saunders is just giving CTU time to catch him. If he keeps making demands every hour and allows himself to get caught he'll just come off looking stupid.

Cam McFarland

Supporting Actor

I liked the way, when Chase jumped Chappelles case about
making Jack go with him, instead of looking for Saunders, Chappelle told Chase that "those are the orders" (something like that) as Jack was taking him off in the helicopter to be killed.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
If anyone is acting criminally who shouldn't be, it's Palmer. At least Jack is genuinely trying to save millions of mile, but Palmer's actions this season have been horendous, mostly just to save his skin. The biggest crime is withholding information on a murder case.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark

I'm a Forensic Identification Officer (Canadian version of CSI for you Yanks) for my police service and yes, he would be covered in blood, it's called blow back.

It's one way of identifying the range of a gun barrel to the wound. In this case it was almost a contact wound. I didn't get a close look at Jack's gun but it looks like a Sig-Sauer .40 cal. If he uses,like most police services, a hollow point bullet, they are not designed to go through the body but to cause the most damage.

These are used to "stop the threat" which basically means cause the maximum amount of damage as quickly as possible, thus incapacitating the target as fast as possible. A copperjacketed bullet as an example maintains it's mass and travels straight through the body because it resists damage. A bullet like this can go straight through a body and continue for quite a distance, possibly injuring bystanders or other innocents. In addition the small wound they create does not incapacitate the person being shot and he can continue whatever he's doing for quite a while especially if he's high or the adrenaline is going etc...

In Chappels case the bullet would have entered the skull, mushroomed and fragmented. It may have went straight through but those are rare. If the gun was up against the head the pressure from the round (and expanding gas) would have blown his head like a balloon. Since the weakest point of the skull is where the bullet entered the pressure would have exited and expanded the entry bullet hole and jack would have been covered in not only blood but brain matter and not only that but Chappelle would have a hole the size of a baseball in the back of his head.

If the gun is further away from the head, then the gas just escapes the barrel into the air and the only damage caused is by the bullet. Bullets over all don't cause much damage it's always the gas from the round that causes the most tissue disruption.

Hope this made sense.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Great (if gory) info!

Anyone ever see Broadway Danny Rose - I think that's the movie where someone asks, after hearing that someone was shot in the eye "Did he live?" ;)

DennyH

Grip
"Well, I gotta tell ya...the next time I am held hostage
by terrorists', or my family is in danger, I WANT somebody
like "Jack Bowers" .in-terror-gating people for me...lol"

And what if its YOUR completely innocent wife or daughter that he is interrogating Cam? ;)
DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks