What's new

24: Day 3 - 4/20/04 - Hour 19 (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
They just had to do it. Just when the show was getting good, they had to revert to one of their old tricks:
Putting Kim in danger. All I can say is it better involve a tight t-shirt, because isn't that the only reason she's on the show?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Now I'm almost happy that last week's episode was bumped to Sunday...only a 2 days between episodes :):emoji_thumbsup:

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
This is amazing - this is the show I fell in love with in season one. Where has it been all this time?

Something has changed. I don't watch the credits so I don't know who is to thank for it, but ever since the Mexico plot ended and the virus plot began, 24 has finally found its way.

Bravo.

John Watson

Screenwriter
At least we now have some insight into Saunder's mind.

Lot's of improbabilities in the episode, but what's new. The story is rocketing alone, only a few hours to go to prevent the breakout

Damn, it's getting tense!

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a major cheat to delay Michelle's test results. She'll probably get them back at 8:59:45. It was a pretty good episode although not as great as last week. Thankfully the Kim situation was kept brief.

And what's up with Chloe? She was getting very creeplily odd again when speaking to Kim.

John Swarce

Second Unit
I was confused about the whole camera surveillance thing going on in the library. They tapped into them very quickly and could focus and zoom in on one guy, but the camera that is on Kim moves on its own??

Other than not spending enough time on the hotel scene this hour (this would be all over CNN and Fox News at this point in the morning), and the implausability of the Secret Service letting the President stay in LA during an outbreak of this magnitude (and most of his Cabinet being present in LA, also), I did enjoy this episode.

Glad to see Kim has something to do now (damsel in distress once again). Who wants to place bets that she will take someone down before the end of the day (besides the library guy)?? :)

I thought Jack was going to rip Jane's heart out of her chest during his interrogation! No signs of the smack habit now!

John

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Did they zoom in on him? I only remember the shots of him standing at one of the bookcases and at the desk. I don't remember any zoomed shots (but I could be and probably am wrong).

I thought it was another good episode. I was still half-hoping that Chapelle would jump up and go "BOO!" when Saunders's guys tried to pick him up :)

Glad to see Kim taking some action and not simply playing the role of helpless victim. Kind of reminiscent of her bitch-fest at the jail during the first season.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Well they played the Kim thing out better than I thought. As soon as they mentioned needing a double I knew it would be Kim, but I figured she'd get captured by the bad guys so the last few hours would also involve having to rescue her again. Either that or there'd be a mountain lion loose in the library, it could happen.

Anybody else think the guy who grabbed Kim didn't seem to fit in with the Saunders men? Those guys typically seem so professional and cold about their jobs, but this guy didn't seem that way at all. Makes me wonder if there's something else going on. Here's my guess:
The guy Kim shot is not one of Saunders' men. Perhaps he's a friend of the girl who has been looking out for her because she knows her father could put her in danger. Red shirt is the actual guy who is now going to tip Saunders off quicker than would have happened. And it'll be more typical of 24 if in the hunt to find red shirt before he calls Saunders he stumbles across Kim, who thinks she's out of danger, and abducts her.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Good episode. Did Kim say at the end that Saunders doesn't know we have Jane? How does she know that? Did the guy tell her as she was shooting him?

The camera panning off Kim was a cheap dramatic device (I rolled my eyes) as was the guy at the desk. It's never the guy they first suspect. Gee, I wonder if my library has that much camera coverage.

Shouldn't Jack be splattered with blood?

Good point about the President. There's no way they would let him stay in LA, but hey, it's 24.

Reflecting back on Chappelle's death, they kind of wimped out by having him say that he didn't have any family. This was to appease the audience and make it look like it was okay to kill him. If he'd said he had children it would have had more impact, but perhaps made Jack and Palmer look too cold for the audience to accept. He could have least had a dog or plants that needed watering. What about a will? I wonder if Palmer will comply with this next request. It was interesting how the cabinet just assumed that Palmer refused to kill Chappelle, and were amazed to discover otherwise.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Another great episode. Glad Kim's back in the firing line (that's one step closer to her being shot).

Tony was particularly good this week, standing up to Jack and Chase. :emoji_thumbsup:

Saunders seems to be a political activist afterall. WRT the spy list, Palmer can just hand over a small list of people they suspect of being spies for other governments. It's not something that can be easily verified.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Kim's words were unclear to us to, but since the gunman seemed to happen on her, I doubt he had called Saunders before to say he had lost his daughter :), so Kim must have said that Saunders didn't know.

The hint by Keith Mickunas sounds plausible tho, maybe its not Saunder's guy at all.

At least we see from his call to Palmer that Saunders may have an ideological motivation, but I wonder what he (Saunders) meant when he told Jack a bit earlier that he would not understand his purpose?

Having Saunders' daughter - what will that permit, "Saunders we're taking your daughter down to the hotel for the interrogation" :D

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Um... Kim said Saunders will know they have his daughter, not the other way around.

Also, when is word going to get around the terrorist community that it's a bad idea to draw a gun on Kim?

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
It would be odd for Saunder's minder to hang around the library all day, especially with security cameras. Library security would find him out. It's possible that wasn't the guy at all. Also, if it was Saunder's minder I don't think he would expose himself like that since he'd know Jane/Kim was under surveillance. His rash moved seemed really amateurish.

At first I thought it might be Jane's boyfriend wondering what is going on. Although I have no idea why he'd have a gun.

Also, how did they get Jane out of the bathroom. Backdoor?

Thanks for clearing up what Kim said. It went by very quickly and wasn't very clear.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was enjoying the top that Kim wore for the decoy duty as Jane, much better than Kim's CTU-wear.

I kept waiting for Jack to say to Jane:

"Your father blackmailed the President, with the release of a super-contagious and deadly virus, to have me kill a fellow CTU agent whom I worked for and respected, and I did the deed just an hour ago, what makes you think I won't do that to you, a pissant's daughter? Now tell me how to find your father!!!!"

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes

I "AHA!"d the same thing (and how did they get Kim into the bathroom). My wife replied with a very simple answer. In the cleaning supplies cart. Plausible.

Michael Hughes

Second Unit

I thought that as well, but realzied we could not have a repeat of Alias this week on 24.

The pay off has been realy good this season, after a very slow start, the show has picked up a lot of steam and now anything goes.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I was half expecting a reprise from last season: "Do you know how many people I've killed since the last time I slept?"

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Just curious if anyone watched this on Global TV in Canada. The pixelization was really bad for the second episode ni a row. I watched on Rogers regular cable. Global says it is Rogers' problem.

If the guy Kim shot was not Saunders' man then the guy in the pink shirt still could be. I'd be really surprised if Jane knows where her father is. I doubt he'd leave himself vulnerable to a backdoor like that.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I thought it would have been funnier if the red shirt the guy was wearing also had a picture of a herring on it. At least they didn't dress him in pylon orange. The fact that the other guy did not look like one of Saunders' men is probably why he was picked for a covert surveillance job.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks