What's new

24: Day 3 - 12/16/03 - Hour 8 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ok, the ep was ok. The ending was somewhat climatic, but I'm sure most of you all realize that scene with Chase at the end was completely ripped off from "In the Line of Fire" with Clint Eastwood? I guess Jack saw that movie. But seriously, how do these guys know that the guns aren't loaded. Also, I like how overseas people/organizations are finally coming back into the fold.

Anyone think Anne will be back? I think it's possible she may get called by authorites for "Further Questioning" since her prints must be all over that gun. Palmer will then have to deal with that.

So the proviews have us think that someone "unexpected" is going to come along in the next episode to try to Outbid the Salizars on the virus. It looks like it was a female character (or a male with long hair) I'm thinking the prime suspects are Nina, Mandy or Sherry, but any of those 3 would be hardly be "unexpected" at least to me. Maybe Marie Warner because how the hell she would have been able to be at large is beyond me. Wonder who it could be.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
It was Nina. I rewatched it and it looks like her. Plus, I read an article that she is coming back in January and she is meeting with some terrorists in a tent with Jack.

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
Who said Jack knew the gun was loaded? I'm sure after sacrificing some prison guards & other innocent people earlier in the show, he'd have no problem killing off Chase to save a few million people.

Besides, Chase is really annoying. He's sorta like the Kim of this season...except we've still got Kim, that is. :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I don't know, even though Jack may have indirectly caused innocent people to die, I don't think he has ever pulled the trigger on an innocent himself, unless you count Gorhan from the 1st episode of Season Two, but they did set him up as a scumbag. I don't think the writers would make him a "Killer" if you know what I mean.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
if jack would have popped chase that would have been crazy. with 24 you never know. remember what happened to jack's wife first season. i think it would have made for some interesting tv. imagine what he would have had to say to his daughter.

Jeremy_Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I was a bit disappointed this week. The two things that I didn't like the most:
1. Palmer giving the ok because he "had to." Bullshit, he could have easily just sent in a team, covertly of course, to get Jack and the Salazars.
2. The watch breaking; who didn't groan when they saw that?

John Watson

Screenwriter
Yeah, Chase looked like a high-school fanboy having a tantrum, Jack must have been annoyed the gun was unloaded!

Interesting to see the relationship of Hector's lady and Jack made clear.

Anne is some classy woman, but I felt for Palmer, and wished it could have been better for him.

Kim is behaving very well, not falling apart like Michelle.

24 is like the old serials -how the hell will Jack get out of this mess?

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Spoiler:
It was Nina. I rewatched it and it looks like her. Plus, I read an article that she is coming back in January and she is meeting with some terrorists in a tent with Jack.
Spoilers cause it deals with Jan 6th preview.

I was soo pumped that Jack might kill Chase. I was jumping around hoping that would happen.

I did groan when the watch broke.

Glad to see Jack and the Mexican lady hooking up. Kinda knew about that one.

All the virus stuff was staged huh. Pretty freakin elaborate. I was sorta right last week.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I think Jack was really going to do it. He knew that if he refused, he and Chase were instantly dead that the virus would end up in the hands of terrorists.

I guess the writers have been reading our posts on how boring the Palmer bits are so they threw in the suicide for some shock value. While sad, it's hard to care too much when you really don't know the person or what's going on in that backstory.

I loved how Tony collapsed and then was jogging down the stairs!

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. It was certainly tense from moment to moment. Interesting to hear that it was Jack who delivered the dead virus guy in the first episode.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Things are picking up after the last few dreary weeks...

I wish Jack would have shot Chase Timberlake - that would have taken the show in a whole new direction. They're playing things too safe these days. That guy is so wooden.

I'm glad the deadly Palmer/Anne story appears to be over. Didn't mind the actress; hated the story. Too bad about the ex-husband though - Conor O'Farrell would have made a good addition to the cast.

Kim and Chloe didn't do anything annoying this week.

The Mexican soap opera is still corny.

The guy at CTU looks like Ashton Kutcher.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I admit it, I like the Mexican "soap opera."
I'm sure we've all been wondering what Jack's been up to over the past three years, and I like the way they're peeling back the layers piece by piece.

Jack did not know the gun was empty.

Brian Ralph

Stunt Coordinator
I'm glad the deadly Palmer/Anne story appears to be over. Didn't mind the actress; hated the story. Too bad about the ex-husband though - Conor O'Farrell would have made a good addition to the cast.
Over? Hardly...I believe.

1. Anne/ex-husband were alone
2. The allegations were already out
3. Papers have not been authenticated
4. Anne touched/handled the gun, so her prints are on it

This storyline is not over... it's just begun

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
The ending was somewhat climatic, but I'm sure most of you all realize that scene with Chase at the end was completely ripped off from "In the Line of Fire" with Clint Eastwood? I guess Jack saw that movie.
That scene did remind me of that movie. And interestingly enough, the actor who tells Clint Eastwood to shoot his partner is Tobin Bell who played Peter Kingsley last season on 24.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
the actor who tells Clint Eastwood to shoot his partner is Tobin Bell who played Peter Kingsley last season on 24.
Yeah, I forgot about that! FYI the illustrious Kato Kaelin was one of the other guys in that scene on the boat

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that the Anne bit is just heating up. The President's girlfriend's ex-husband just shot himself with the girlfriend in the room after she was accused of lying on the stand and possibly ruining the President's chances for re-election. And she touched the gun! Talk about scandal.

It's funny but after 24, I just flipped over to CITY and Extreme Measures (movie with Hugh Grant) was on and Hector was in the scene where Grant goes through the subway and finds the people living underground. An FBI agent then shoots Hector.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the episode, and also immediately thought of In the Line of Fire during the Jack/Chase scene.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I think the season ran out of gas after the first two episodes. They were running on fumes last night. The ending was so preposterous I half-way expected a Mexican actor to jump out wearing a bumble bee outfit.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
@#$%^& San Jose Comcast cable. All throughout the episode, there was audio and video noise so we couldn't hear what everyone was saying over the "fuzz". On top of that, the closed captions didn't work. They spuratically worked during some commercials but none showed up during 24. Bastids.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks