What's new

24: Day 3 - 11/25/03 - Hour 5 (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
but I hate the fact that Palmer can clear Nina but can't clear Jack. Is there a reason for this?
Well, technically Palmer can clear Jack, but the consequences would be great if he did, as it would show that the US's policy of non-negotiation with terrorists is a sham, and it would be a message to all other terrorists that all they have to do is pose a major threat to the US and they will get what they want.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Thanks Mark

That helps clear things up, but I think I have the same problem WillG is having with it in that it doesn't hold water.
Anne's ex-husband under oath in a court of law says that Anne had no knowledge of his wrongdoings. That's CASE CLOSED as far as I'm concerned.
I wish Palmer would come out and say that. Only problem I would guess is that Anne is guilty of it.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Only problem I would guess is that Anne is guilty of it.
Yeah, but the only thing that matters is what can be proved and the only thing on record at the time of the debate was that Anne's Ex-husband went on record and said she had no knowledge. As far as Palmer knows, Anne is telling the truth so his heighted morality should be a non issue for purposes of rebuttal

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I miscalculated and missed taping the last half hour. Is this being rerun on another network the same week like it was last season?

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Random Thoughts-

The whole "Jack forming a temporary alliance with a sworn enemy" scenario worked better last season with Nina...

Chase actually gained some ground with me last night. Gotta admire the character of this kid for backing Jack's play even after he got the shit kicked out of him...

Tony holds on for another hour. Shouldn't be too long now...

The Mexican Soap Opera is now making it OBVIOUS that Hector's girlfriend will turn on him. The real question is WHY?? (maybe a protege of Mandy and Nina)...

What's funny about Adam belittling Kim is that he actually has a POINT...

The Mole screws up this week as Kim catches him messing with a camera. His time is short...

Is it me, or does Michelle seem to be getting hotter week after week?

Despite their rescue, it's my opinion that Kyle and maybe Bimbo No. 2 are beyond saving...

The Deer Hunter tribute was entertaining this week, right down to the SAME resolution(Jack, like DeNiro before him, shoots the "referee"). The Public Service Ad at the end was a hoot as well...

Chloe is going to snap sooner or later, but to what effect? My guess is she merely starts screaming and gets dragged off in a straitjacket, with little to no importance to the rest of the plot...

Finally, RE: Prison Break

We can already see Salazar starting to open his mouth to Jack in order to taunt him. I wouldn't be surprised if the next big "twist" is Jack getting notified that Kyle Singer is found, prompting him to chuck Ramon out of the chopper into The Grand Canyon perhaps. Which all leads me to believe that this plot is MUCH bigger than The Salazars and perhaps ties back to the "masterminds" from last year(aka "The Guy On The Yacht" and "Operations From La Femme Nikita"). It WOULD be nice if the plot to discredit Palmer is also tied in to this conspiracy(though I wouldn't rule out the EX Chief Of Staff Mike and Sherry working together to have a little revenge of their own on David). The point is, we haven't even scratched the surface of what this plot is REALLY all about, and that may be the only thing that keeps me watching...:)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Did anyone else notice an uncredited cameo by J. August Richards (of Angel)? Or was I hallucinating?

M.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gunn was on 24? Who was he playing?

Elizabeth, I don't think FOX/FX is showing reruns of current episodes of 24 anymore. You might want to check www.tvguide.com and search the listings.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Jack Bauer Body Count: 1 (I can't believe this. I gotta be counting wrong. Right?)
Didn't he shoot the prisoner after Ramon Salazar took his turn at Russian Roulette? Also, not sure if it counts, but he did kinda tell the guard to go and put the gun to his head and pull the trigger.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Didn't he shoot the prisoner after Ramon Salazar took his turn at Russian Roulette? Also, not sure if it counts, but he did kinda tell the guard to go and put the gun to his head and pull the trigger.
I'm not going to count assists so the new count is...

Jack Bauer Body Count: 2

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I don’t think that Hector’s girlfriend (replacing Kim as the show’s hottie – AND she’s smart) is obviously going to turn on him. I think she’s clearly setting it up so the brothers will turn on each other….thus, ridding the world of their syndicate.

So, since that seed is being planted now, I have to assume that there is going to be a LOT more action “back at the ranch” in the following episodes…

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I went to the movies tonight and was pleasantly surprised by this huge standee (for "The Girl Next Door") which featured Elisha Cuthbert prominently in a shot that pretty much defines "Schwing!" Look for it in a theater near you...(you may have to hit the "reload" button on your browser, or go here to see the movie poster).

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Jack Bauer Body Count: 1 (I can't believe this. I gotta be counting wrong. Right?)
Yes, you're forgetting that it was Jack's "brilliant" plan to start the riot, so he's responsible for all the dead guards and prisoners too. :D

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
I don’t think that Hector’s girlfriend (replacing Kim as the show’s hottie – AND she’s smart) is obviously going to turn on him. I think she’s clearly setting it up so the brothers will turn on each other….thus, ridding the world of their syndicate.
But why?? Surely it's not because she disapproves of the fact that he's a drug dealer...:D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Have the rules of Russian Roulette changed since Deer Hunter? I thought that the victims, er, participants, could spin the barrel before each turn - so that the rounds, er, turns, could last a long time. Whereas the way they did it on 24, you knew that within 6 turns a person would absolutely be dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks