What's new

24: Day 3 - 11/25/03 - Hour 5 (Merged) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Guess I'll start it this week.

Looks like tonight's episode could be a real good one. I heard a radio ad for it today and they really made it sound like it was going to be an ultra intense episode. I don't usually hold stock in that kind out touting (every episode of E.R. the most single shocking, riveting, intense etc. episode ever every week), but with last week's set up, we might have something. Also, I am finding out this episode will have a viewer discretion warning. Pretty much all of the eps that had that warning at the beginning turned out to be pretty good.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK

The following takes place between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM

Jack Bauer Body Count: 1 (I can't believe this. I gotta be counting wrong. Right?)

Well it looks like Jack and Chase are in a bit of a jam in jail, no thanks to Chase. Chase and Chloe need to die. They make Kim look like Sydney Bristow. And we need Tony back. Michelle is on the edge and all she needs is a little push.

The Questions

1. Will magical TV operation get Tony back in the game by tonight?
2. How is the David Carradine mole stupid enough to not turn his cell phone on vibrate?
3. Will Kim invoke the wrath of the cougars?
4. Will David still be giving in to the blackmale?
5. Will David's new campaign slogan become "When You're with Ann, You're the Man!"?
6. With a broken vase out of the way, will the little Mexican boy on "24: Mexico" accidentally shoot the chick in the nose thus causing her to break her prom date with Davey Jones? (I might be stretching it on this one)
7. Is Teri really dead?

Find out on an all new 24

EDIT: Oops. Just saw the other 24 thread. Mind merging threads Mods?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
A couple things bugged me: Where did that revolver come from? Wouldn't prison guards' pistols be semi-automatics?

Also, that helicopter has a radio. It should be fairly easy to tell Jack what happened and he can just push Salizar out. Unless, that is, something happens in the next few minutes.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
Pretty good ep. I don't know if it's great but it was pretty good. Kind of slow to me. So here's a rundown of what happened.

- Kim along with many others in the office know Daddy is on good terms a little friend he calls smack
- Tony is still in surgery
- Jack Malloy brought out the dirt on Palmer's latest flame
- Kyle Singer has been found
- Jack and Ramon have escaped and are now taking a little cruise across town in the chopper

That's pretty much it. They stretched these events to 43 minutes of air time. I couldn't believe it but Chloe became (just for about 3 split-seconds mind you) less annoying than Kim. The next ep looks promising.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Boy, Jack is out on a limb now! That helicopter will be easy to track, no matter what Jack disabled, and the message about Kyle will reach him. I'll bet Salazar can pilot a copter too, so there will be quite a struggle over the joystick.

When will Kimbo spill the beans (give someone a clue about the mole causing the router "malfunction")

Miscellaneous thoughts : The CTU work-place is becoming waaay too progressive. Too many sharing bosses (Michelle in particular), and sensitive new-age types; what's next, group hugs?

PS - The Boy in the Bubble should have disabled the girl before he attempted suicide. If his death would have terminated the virus' vector, Kyle could have done a lot of good.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I couldn't believe it but Chloe became (just for about 3 split-seconds mind you) less annoying than Kim
Are you sure you didn't mean to say "More"?

Seriously though, what is the deal with Chloe, why so standoff-ish. It's actually very awkward especially the scene with Kim. Episode was good, Although I wanted to kick Kyle's girlfriend in the teeth for pulling the wire rig off the ceiling of the tank to keep Kyle alive

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, an entertaining episode. The Russian Roulette was ballsy for both Jack and Ramon. Don't they usually put a cap over the patient's head while operating on the neck?

I enjoyed Kim feeling dumb and duped by her father.

I still hate Gaul the mole in CTU, just too cheesy of a plot device 3rd time around.

The Palmer stuff is tedious and not too entertaining, especially when the brother got in a "told ya so" to the politically-ignorant doctor.

Ramon's brother's woman really does rule over him, doesn't she?

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Boy, for the first time in three seasons I found myself asking "do I really want to stick with this the rest of the season?" I don't know but it just seems to be getting tedious..... The episode itself wasn't bad, it just seems the people they cast are doing a bad job of holding my interest.

Jack seems to be the only character worthy of tuning in for but because they have to divide his time amongst the supporting cast and the poor job they do, watching this show is getting difficult.

The whole Chloe vs. Kim showdown was so lame. This show would be so much better if they tried to portray the CTU department as able to hire socially adusted employees instead of the type that probably either live at home with mom or have an apartment full of cats waiting for them at the end of the day.

(admin note - post amended)

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Dave_Brown:

Regarding socially adjusted employees at CTU:

Many of them are IT (computer folk). Having worked in that industry for 12 years I can assure you there are very few socially adjusted folk. And I am not immune to the mirror, myself. :) I can think of someone just like Chloe that I work with. Unfortunately I cannot picture anyone that LOOKS like Kim. We need to work on that.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have any idea where they are going to go from here? It seems they will have the virus contained and now there is no more threat. Everything else seems relatively minor in comparison with other seasons. I guess the stakes will have to raised again next episode.

Neil

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Many of them are IT (computer folk). Having worked in that industry for 12 years I can assure you there are very few socially adjusted folk. And I am not immune to the mirror, myself. I can think of someone just like Chloe that I work with. Unfortunately I cannot picture anyone that LOOKS like Kim. We need to work on that.
And I agree with you to some extent. I have also worked for over a dozen years in and out of the IT field and have seen my fair share of social shut-ins. However, I also spent time in government service with a top secret + security clearance and those with such blazingly obvious misfirings of the neurons were quickly identified and either reassigned to less sensitive areas or had their clearances yanked entirely.
If it was an episode of Dilbert then I think the IT department on this show would be a perfect match to real life. A show about the risk associated to hundred of thousands of American lives should typically strive to hire a higher caliber of employee. IMHO, of course.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Count me in for hating Chloe as well. Kims bugging me, but at least hear actions seems a little reasonable (being shaken by Dad's smack habit, etc). Chloe on the other hand just decides to create awkward confrontations every now and again.

The Palmer stuff didn't seem to fit in the episode. I guess you can't do much with him at a debate. I'm still really liking the Jack/Salazar stuff, though...and a plus this time was that Chase didn't get on my nerves that much.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Maybe somebody can unconfuse me regarding Palmer and the Senator's accusations:

So the Senator questions Palmer's choice of who he is associated with? He brings up Sherry and now the doctor lady, who's ex-husband committed purjury, is questioned because of her dirty ex-husband?

Did I follow that correctly? I don't think I did.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
So the Senator questions Palmer's choice of who he is associated with? He brings up Sherry and now the doctor lady, who's ex-husband committed purjury, is questioned because of her dirty ex-husband?
Anne's ex-husband was involved in some kind of wrong-doing (I forget what) and was sent to jail. Anne claims she never knew about what he had done.

It appears that Anne's ex-husband has recently changed his story to say that Anne did know about what was going on at the time and lied when she said she did not. This is why the senator is accusing Palmer of poor judgement.

The reality of the situation seems to be that the senator was able to convince Anne's ex-husband to lie about her involvement either for political gain or blackmail or both.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Last week I found myself feeling that I would continue for a while out of loyalty from the last 2 seasons.

This week I felt a lot better about things. I think the virus is a red herring. I don't think it's going to be the season's major threat. I expect that Jack will get to a point where Ramon has him hostage and CTU will need to rescue Jack.

We'll see where it goes starting next week.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The whole Palmer/Anne subplot is a problem for me, because the situation does not hold any water. Anne's ex-husband under oath in a court of law says that Anne had no knowledge of his wrongdoings. That's CASE CLOSED as far as I'm concerned. He can't just change his story and cause Palmer and his brother to worry about the political ramifications. I'm would be very easilly batted down. Hell, Bill Clinton's own wife was involved in scandal and shady business deals during his adminstration, and what happened to them, Nothing.

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I think the virus is a red herring.
The first plot is always a red herring. The bomb went off by hour 12 in Season 2. Palmer was attacked by Hour 9 in Season 1. Jack is pretty much screwed right now. The whole fugitive thing is a good plot dimension but I hate the fact that Palmer can clear Nina but can't clear Jack. Is there a reason for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks