24: Day 3 - 11/18/03 - Hour 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Kevin Porter, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

tick-TOCK tick-TOCK
    tick-TOCK tick-TOCK

The following takes place between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM

Jack Bauer Body Count: 1 (Come on Mr.Poo er um Jack! Where's your gun?)

Poor, poor Tony. Michelle running CTU? We've only known her for a year. We've grown up with Tony for 3 years and now they're just going to dump him off just for shock value?

"Joel Surnow: So in the 3rd episode, I think we should kill off Tony!
    Robert Cochran: Kill off Tony? But all the fans love Tony.
    Surnow: Well...they won't care because they'll be so shocked.
    Cochran: That doesn't even make sense
    Surnow: Like, the shock of the guy shooting Tony will overwhelm the viewers more than the actual loss of Tony. You see, our fans don't care about the characters as much as they do the shock! It's all about the shock man! We'll tell Kiefer to tell the press something like "No one is safe man!". It'll get everyone so pumped!
    Cochran: I still don't get it...
    Surnow: And throughout the show, we should have another plotline involving Mexicans and the drama of their lives. It would be like a Mexican Soap Opera. I think the fans would really go for that!
    Cochran: Um...okay. But killing off Tony? What about the other characters?
    Surnow: Well, we'll kill off Michelle in hour 7, then we'll bring Sherry back for a couple of episodes and then make her kill David off in hour 12, then we can kill her off in the next hour, and then we can kill off Jack in the final 24th hour! The fans would love that!
    Cochran: So we'd kill off pretty much all the characters except Kim?
    Surnow: I think that's the direction we should take with the show. I mean, everyone loves Kim. Everyone still talks about that brilliant scene from Season 2 with the mountain lion. They love her!
    Cochran: Well, I still don't get it but...
    Surnow: Here, have a doobie. It'll start to make sense."

The Questions

1. How is everyone's 2nd favorite character faring with a shot in the neck?
    2. When exactly is Sherry coming back? And will there be a plot twist in which it's revealed that Little Palmer and Sherry have been lovers the whole time and they've been meaning to overthrow David all along?
    3. Is Michelle competent enough to run CTU all by her little self? Or will they kill her off and have Chase and Kim take over?
    4. When will the main woMAN Nicole Duncan make her move on Michelle?
    5. Is Teri really dead?

Find out on an all new 24

2. Scott Van Dyke

Scott Van Dyke Supporting Actor

3. Ric Bagoly

Ric Bagoly Producer

4. Kevin Porter

Woohoo! That was a great one!

Did anyone besides me say "Dang it!" when we saw Chase wake up? This episode solidifies my opinion that Chloe is the most annoying character ever to be on 24. When she was talking to the David Carradine mole dude I was screaming at the TV "SHOOT HER NOW! SHOOT HER NOW!". Come to think about it, pretty much every character at CTU right now besides Michelle and the Carradine-mole is annoying. So Jack is gonna be a fugitive now? Hmm. Well, I can't be his last mission seeing as how he has two more years in his contract. Perhaps the next 2 seasons could be prequels on how they overthrew the Naked Mandy organization.

5. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

I thought this was a solid episode. They aren't focusing as much on all the romantic relationships, and it's improving the show. I liked the prison plot line, and Michelle under pressure is also good. The blackmail (I spelt it right this time) story has always been ridiculous though. I hope that one is over.

btw - Kim needs to dye her eyebrows.

6. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

I'm all for suspending disbelief on the "real-time" aspect of the show, but Tony shot at 3:59 PM andthen heading to surgery at 4:10 (when the doc talked to Michelle) is pushing it

7. Kevin Porter

8. WillG

WillG Producer

Well, the last 10 minutes were pretty good, but up until then, there wasn't much action, which is ok, but there were still a few things that did not sit right with me

We can start complaining that Kyle did manage to escape the mall with ease. I wish they could have come up with a more clever way for him to escape.

Why did Jack bother to call Palmer with his plan?It did not make any sense. It only puts Palmer in danger because he has knowledge of illegal activity and allowed it to happen

The Palmer blackmail plan was weak. The Doctor's husband has no credibility and Palmer should have seen this right off Thankfully he called off the financial arrangement. Who would have thought the suspicious doctor would be the voice of reason

Next week looks intersting though. Looks like it should have some good action

Oh yeah, did anyone else have extreme fear that when Michelle was told that she was going to have to appoint someone else to be in charge of CTU if she was going to be with Tony at the hospital, that she was going to give it to Kim (especially how they held a moment for her to make her decision)
    WHEW!!

9. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I feel really bad that Chase is now going to live up to his name.

But on a more amusing note... was anyone else panicing when it appeared for several seconds that Michelle was considering handing power over to Kim? Right after she got the phone call which informed her it was Tony, not Jack, who had been shot, it looked as if she was looking around to see who she could hand off her power to... I'd have given a penny for her thoughts as she considered Kim... I imagine she'd have to weigh the chances that Kim could somehow stumble into a way to explode the entire surface of the earth if she was left by her lonesome for more than an hour...

As for Chloe, everybody stop picking on her. She's been in the office next to Smack for a few weeks now, right, after he ran his last assistant into the ground? So she's been under his mood swings since she's been there, which can't be any fun, and, she and many on the staff appear to only be in their upper 20s or low 30s. She might turn out to save the day... but it seems more likely she and the mole will either be in love or be in a battle to the death, or both.

Good episode. I find it annoying I can't immediately watch the next one.

10. KevinRB

KevinRB Stunt Coordinator

Chloe is annoying, but unlike Chase & Kim, she is supposed to be annoying. Haven't we all had to work with someone like her?

11. Kevin Porter

12. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Chloe's just giving back what people are dishing her.

13. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

I haven't been one to complain about 24, but Chloe's lines are really bothering me. "We should be especially careful around Michelle today, with Tony being shot. In the neck." - What the hell?

And the mole not having his cell on vibrate, especially after we're told that private phones are banned, that annoyed me. I suppose the ringing is easily dismissed in a crowded office where phones are ringing all the time, but he's been in private meetings and whatnot.

14. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

15. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Jack had to let Palmer know his plan. It allows for the objectives of the Salazars to be reached (getting the guy out of prison) while saving face for the President. Jack's on a suicidal mission in the service of his country, and Palmer was the only one that could go along with the plan (the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few) and maintain the policy stance of "non-negotiation with terrorists".

I thought the episode zipped along in vintage "24" fashion and set up enough subplots to keep the audience coming back for more.

I was really afraid Michelle was going to give the mole operational control of CTU. Glad she's digging in and putting the security of the country over her overwhelming desire to be with Tony.

Kim is, well, Kim.

I wished Jack would have called ahead to the prison warden to yank Chase's access to Salazar instead of doing what he had to do.

16. WillG

WillG Producer

17. James T

James T Screenwriter

Maybe Jack involed Palmer just in case Palmer looses the election. Palmer knows the truth and not what everyone else thinks. So, if Jack is ever caught the President can release him as the President's last action before his term is done.(I can't remember the term name given to it, but I remember Clinton got heat for releasing a guy from prison on his last day).

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

If Jack doesn't tell Palmer, the virus threat is much more real, and the fallout is 60,000 to 90,000 people becoming infected. By getting Palmer's "okay" for his plan, Jack moves up the timetable so that Palmer can do nothing and still maintain the "no-negotiate with terrorist" policy without giving in. Without Palmer's "okay" with the plan, I don't think Jack could go into "Black Ops" mode because it would be going against the President's orders, and Jack doesn't go off the reservation unless he's got orders/permission to do so.

19. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

So Palmer had the power to pardon Nina but can't help Jack? Or am I mis-remembering season 2?

20. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

My wife nailed it when she said that Chase is the "new Kim," annoying and never listens to Jack!