What's new

24: Day 3 - 11/11/03 - Hour 3 (1 Viewer)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
Random Thoughts-

When I saw Kim was handling the cell phone trace my first thought was "Uh-oh, he's gonna get away"

First Jack, then Tony, now the Mole has gotten on Chloe's case. Here's hoping she snaps when Kim starts with her.

Chase seems really determined to NOT follow orders, no?

The Mexican Soap Opera had only one(short) scene this week, and it really helped the quality of the show.

Salazar having the cop(Luis, I believe), killed by the guard makes no sense. How would he know the guard's son is being held if he's had no contact to the outside for the last 2 1/2 hours?? In addition, it's not like the guard let him out or anything, so the whole thing was rather pointless. Finally, if what I heard is right, the guard killed the cop and then just walked over and TURNED HIMSELF IN?? This is the epitome of a cheap shock tactic.

Anyone hoping that Kyle falls down a elevator shaft so we can't watch his wretched acting anymore??

Anyone hoping that Kyle's Girlfriend gets to fight Kim in the Ultimate Idiot Championship??

So Palmer's girlfriend COMMITTED PERJURY!!! Ooooooo boy, did that knock me for a loop! :D What's Palmer paying the ex-husband for, to telephone his opponent and say "Don't mention it during the debate, kay?" Jeez.

I REALLY hope we don't have Jack wrestling with himself every week over the smack addiction cause it would make things VERY repetitive.

Finally, Re: Tony

I would say that he's dead. The bullet might have caught him right at the base of the brain, which means at best he'll return to CTU as a drooling vegetable. Either way, don't expect to see Carlos Bernard back for the rest of the year. A shame too, as Tony was one of the true anchors of the show. I'll concede it IS possible Tony will be in surgery for 12 hours and then out like a light for the rest of the day, leaving him out until Season 4, but all indications from what I saw tell me that Tony Almeida will be joining George Mason and Teri Bauer among the dearly departed from this show...

...which leaves the interesting question of Michelle. Now that she's in charge at CTU, will her beloved's passing effect her job performance? Will she stick around at all or leave to be at his side?? I got the vibe from how they were talking in the beginning that maybe Michelle has a Tony Jr. on the way, so we'll just see how it pans out with her character.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I would say that he's dead. The bullet might have caught him right at the base of the brain, which means at best he'll return to CTU as a drooling vegetable
I think he was shot through the neck in such a way that it went through his neck and maybe out his jaw or something. He reacted to the shot using voluntary muscle control - I mean he clearly grabbed his cheek/neck when he was hit, which had to mean it missed his brain, and missed his spine. If it also missed his jugular, then he's a miracle man.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
This was the best episode of the season, and Tony getting critically shot was definately a shocker.

One point of complaint is the Palmer plot has quickly become one of my least favorite. He was such a powerful character in the past, now he is giving into the pressure of a little black male. He went public with his killer son, but he refuses to go public with his girlfriend's alleged white collar crime from eight years ago? Also, why does he let his assistent push him around so much? It's almost like he's running the country, not Palmer.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
So Palmer's girlfriend COMMITTED PERJURY!!!
Yeah, Hell, Bill Clinton, an actual President, committed perjury and nothing happened to him. I don't see how if Anne's ex husband gave sworn testimony that she had nothing to do with his crimes how can his sudden recanting hold any kind of water, especially to Damage Palmer's credibility, like he knows the story and is trying to cover it up or something like that

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Yeah, Hell, Bill Clinton, an actual President, committed perjury and nothing happened to him.
Well, they did not remove him from office, but he did get impeached. If you are referring to how his perjury affected the public's perception of him, then I think I agree with you.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Salazar having the cop(Luis, I believe), killed by the guard makes no sense. How would he know the guard's son is being held if he's had no contact to the outside for the last 2 1/2 hours?? In addition, it's not like the guard let him out or anything, so the whole thing was rather pointless. Finally, if what I heard is right, the guard killed the cop and then just walked over and TURNED HIMSELF IN?? This is the epitome of a cheap shock tactic
Here's how I see it: Salazar's bro has the guard's son kidnapped. He gets him to kill the cop for his release. He also could have told him to tell Salazar what was going on and to follow his orders, too. Then Salazar dictated the time and place for the murder. After all this happened, cops came to investigate and found the guard who confessed everything after he either recovered his son or knew he was safe.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I agree the guard thing was weak.

Now to really nitpick :

Tony said "lucked out" for gawd's sake. When you're in luck, you must luck in!!!

and, the biggie, was there any chance that was just a big bag of silica that went down the toilet :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

What was it she did that you think was so idiotic?

IMO, it's entirely possible that Tony wasn't hurt very badly. The head is pretty sensitive and bleeds a lot even when the injury isn't that big. I hope he IS hurt badly though, otherwise it's just another false scare...

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
What's Palmer paying the ex-husband for, to telephone his opponent and say "Don't mention it during the debate, kay?" Jeez.
That's a very good point. Considering they were being blackmailed, Palmer could just come out with that. When it's revealed to the press that Ann's ex is saying she committed perjury, Palmer can just tell the press that yes, they know about the accusation, and yes, they were offered a chance to pay the guy off not to mention it. It's not going to be much of a scandal.

Shouldn't a place like CTU be properly shielded so that wireless signals couldn't penetrate the building? It just seems that they'd have to much to risk and would need that extra security. I would think that such an organization would want to prevent anyone from monitoring them from outside, and prevent anyone from transmitting data they should from the inside.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
That one woman who figuered out Jack's addiction has an immitading look that she used at any given situation (coughing, cell phone ringing).
Andrea Thompson was Talia on Babylon 5. She was perhaps the 2nd least capable actor on the show. I sure hope she has improved since then. I dread her presence on 24.

Has anyone figured out who's playing Chloe yet?

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I think I remember that "Manchick" Andrea Thompson from NYPD Blue. Yeah, she sucks.

Please suspend your disbeliefs when watching and discussing this show. You have to play stupid.

We've discussed the thread-farting in season's past. It gets tiring people.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So Palmer's girlfriend COMMITTED PERJURY!!!
She has only been accused of perjury, and Palmer is -- stupidly -- paying off the ex-husband so he won't bring it up. Palmer might not even believe her when she claims she did not commit perjury, but we really don't know.

//Ken

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Shouldn't a place like CTU be properly shielded so that wireless signals couldn't penetrate the building? It just seems that they'd have to much to risk and would need that extra security. I would think that such an organization would want to prevent anyone from monitoring them from outside, and prevent anyone from transmitting data they should from the inside.
Remember that they are able to patch through calls to CTU to Jack's cell phone, so perhaos CTU manages their agents' cell phone calls. That is, perhaps all calls in to agent's cell phones arrive at CTU and then get relayed on to the actual cell phone, scrambled. In the case of outgoing calls, I don't know.

But I don't think a person could walk in off the street and use their own cell phone succesfully.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
When it's revealed to the press that Ann's ex is saying she committed perjury, Palmer can just tell the press that yes, they know about the accusation, and yes, they were offered a chance to pay the guy off not to mention it.
So true. Because you just KNOW that the other candidate is going to do the reverse: The opponant is going to announce on live tv that President Palmer offered to pay off Anne's husband. It is so obvious that they're being set up.

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
now he is giving into the pressure of a little black male.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the funniest thing I read all day. So are you refering to David's brother or did you mean "blackmail"?
That was embarrassing. I don't know how I did that, but I meant blackmail.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
so perhaos CTU manages their agents' cell phone calls.
But the mole is able to call his people at will. That's what bothers me the most. I believe that all calls into and out of a place like that would have to be monitored. They'd use the land lines when they were there, and anybody who has to call them would use the land line first, and be transferred to their cell phone if that person is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks