What's new

24: Day 3 - 11/11/03 - Hour 3 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK
tick-TOCK tick-TOCK

The following takes place between 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM

Jack Bauer Body Count: 1 (If I'm not mistaken. Tell me if I am)

I'm pumped. Judging by the previews, it's all hitting the fan tonight! Maybe Jack's body count will rise a number or two when he sees that idiot mother
PREVIEW SPOILER:
discarding the infected coke in the sink

The Questions

1. Is the mole at CTU really undercover?
2. What is the terrible, terrible thing the doc is hiding? Could it be a deadly case of mono that takes exactly 21 hours to kill?
3. Is Kim's old cougar pal gonna blow up CTU?
4. Will Jack get back on the right track concerning his whack smack snack?
5. Is Teri really dead?

Find out on an all new 24!

John Swarce

Second Unit
Keifer was right....absolutly NO ONE is safe in this series!

The pace of the show has quickened a good deal. If this keeps up, we are in for a roller coaster ride!:D :emoji_thumbsup:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think a few people on this forum owe a little show called "24" an apology.

So what's the deal with

Tony. Is he out now? Even if he does survive, what could he do for the rest of the day?

Dustin Wind

Stunt Coordinator
He's done for the season. There was to much blood and he was shot in the neck. You know how the show loves to do the unexpected. Even if it was a fleshwound he would be in the hospital for more then 21 hours.....so hes for sure done in a main role for the rest of the season.....my guess is they just kill him off.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
We are again given a display of CTU agents being bumbling idiots. Please explain to me, how a bunch of agents who are supposed to be trained in dealing with international terrorists, can not even handle a simple task like catching some kid in a mall, when they had all of the exits sealed off? We see the agent get shot and then the kid runs away... that's it. There is not even an attempt to show us how this kid could of escaped, It's like the writers got lazy and just decided "okay here's where the kid gets away due to plot requirement" I guess we can just assume that Scotty beamed him up, or did the Charmed girls orb him out? Who knows?

The show seems to be filled with such moments, and I am quickly remembering why I bailed on this show halfway through the first season. Seeing the ads, I thought this year might be better. Oh well :thumbsdown:

Britton

Screenwriter
Okay, here's my spoiler filled rant

I swear, if Tony dies, I'm done with this show. First they take George Mason, and now Tony? The nerve of them...

Also, the fact that there's yet ANOTHER mole a CTU is just plain ridiculous.

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Doug,
I'm sorry, but cop down or not, considering the situation, you stop the damn kid. I find 24 hard to get into for reasons such as this. That completed rotted me.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Seeing as how it has been well over 12 hours since the show aired, I won't bother with a spoiler tag, but don't read if you don't want something ruined.

The mole inside CTU is getting done to death at this point. How many times does their building have to blow up or someone get killed before they start doing more thorough background checks and random employee screening?
As for Tony getting shot, you knew that had to come as soon as that other guy (Chase) made the big stink about him not being a field agent and going out on this mission. Not to mention what it will do for Michelle's role now. Her husband might die, and how very convenient that when he left she was put in charge of CTU. So now she is the one that gets to deal with the personal crisis versus job performance anxiety.

Not ready to give up on the show yet, but I don't think they are doing much in terms of original plot development. I'm guessing in the next few hours Sherry is going to show up to try and "protect" the president from whatever this little secret is involving his new fling.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I can't help but think Kyle Singer's girlfriend is going to play a major role. Though I never heard of her before, the actress who plays her, Agnes Bruckner is an up and coming star according to some things I've read. Also according to IMDB she speaks fluent Russian and Hungarian. That could play into her casting. .... Or maybe none of that is relevant at all :)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
I can't help but chime in here. Everybody seems to be discussing how unrealistic this season is. Did you all see the first two seasons? This episode is now the one that has gotten me hooked for the rest of the season. It kept me on the edge of my seat all night and I for one am loving this season. I mean if I took this show too seriously, I would have bowed out in season one saying that there is no way all of that could have happened to one man in one day. Please remember that Jack actually died for a period of time in a previous season and came back to life with pretty much the same constitution as he had before. Ok rant off.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The CTU mole is overdone. Boo.

The Chase "grounded" subplot is somewhat dumb. Kim's lack of forethought gives the writers this "tension-builder".

All that blood coming out of Tony's neck was pretty gnarly. Hope he lives, but if he does, how soon will he be back in action? 4 hours? :D

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
All that blood coming out of Tony's neck was pretty gnarly. Hope he lives, but if he does, how soon will he be back in action? 4 hours?
Well, it only took him 30 minutes after Jack broke his ankle last season, so I could see it.

As for Kyle getting away, all we saw was him running from the immediate area, but I am going to make a guess and say he gets away. If he doesn't, then the threat is pretty much over, right?

The only way I can see him getting away is if he blends into the crowd running away. Remember that everyone is panicking, and it will be hard for the police to contain every exit with masses of people trying to leave the mall.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
He did manage to recover from that Ankle injury fairly quickly.

But seriously, I thought it was a good episode and I can't believe people are still bashing it. We don't know if Kyle has escaped the Mall although next week's previews suggest he got out, there could be an explanation
As for not getting him right then and there, after the shot went off, the mall went into a panic, I'd say it would be tough to apprehend Kyle in a stampede of people, and I'd say it would be tough to apprehend him at exits in a crowd of stampedeing people (unless they are completely blockaded which has probably not been done because they want to be discrete as possible). The shooting looked like it acutally could be enough to impede the mission to grab Kyle. I don't think it is because CTU is dumb.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
The most ridiculous part was Tony approaching the kid alone, with nobody else watching him or covering Tony's back.

Well, it only took him 30 minutes after Jack broke his ankle last season, so I could see it.
I fully expect Tony to be back at CTU within a couple of episodes, with a velcro neck-cast like Bill Murray had in Wildthings. ;)

As for Palmer, that's another ridiculous situation. I can't believe he's suddenly become that stupid. Now, instead of a guy threatening to go back on his sworn testimony he'll have a guy threatening to expose Palmer's coverup, which is much, much worse.

And Kimbo is still sickeningly annoying.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
If he doesn't, then the threat is pretty much over, right?
I'm hoping there's more to the threat than just chasing him around for the next 21 hours.

A word about SPOILERS: Some people are spoilering things from last night's show and others are doing it for previews for next week (which we don't get in Canada). I never watch the previews anyway because they "spoils" things, but I think there needs to be a differentiation between spoilers for events that have happened and events that are coming next week or afterward. When I see a spoiler I don't know what it is spoiling. I wouldn't be here if I hadn't watched last night's episode but some of us don't (or can't) watch the previews and don't want to know.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The Palmer thing is the only thing that bothered me. He's covering up something that he didn't do and it will bite him in the ass later.

Nothing wrong with how Tony & co approached the kid. They can't bum rush him and grab him because they might get infected. Trying to calm him down and have him volunteer to come with them was right. There was just no way to know about the hostile gunman.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I liked the episode.

First, the twist with the drugs being virus-free was neat. In this case, last week's preview actually helped make us think that the virus was in the drugs, whereas in reality that was just a decoy. Good work.

Second, the people behind this show are masters at creating at least one nailbiting-tense scene in every episode, and this one was no exception. The tried-and-true "have him stay on the line so we can track him"-scene was excellent, and was made so intense by the fact that the kid has the virus but refused to believe them.

I can understand the complaint that Tony went to get the kid by himself, but it really isn't THAT odd... there was no reason to suspect he was a threat in any other way than having the virus. Still, there should perhaps have been a backup closer to him, but that still wouldn't have changed much.

The subplot with the president is of absolutely zero interest to me right now. I didn't even pay much attention to it. I hope they manage to make it more interesting and relevant to the virus story.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks